• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brave New World, Part 1 (421)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    BRAVE NEW WORLD,
    PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 421

After an attack using advanced nanites causes victims to spontaneously combust from the inside out, Olivia and Peter hunt for David Robert Jones -- but Walter suspects that an old friend may be the real culprit.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 May 2015, 10:42 PM.

oh my lord

I thought there would be some lame CGI, or never see his face kind of thing

pleasantly surprised

Comment

So he's been hiding... with almonds?

How would the events of this episode affect the outcome in 2047 (was this the date?)?

Comment

Peter needs to learn how to fight. Or at least get some F.B.I. training

Comment

Wow! What a kick butt episode! Olivia was tapping in to her powers and it was awesome! I was half expecting to see a cape and tights appear at any time! I was also excited to see Astrid kick some butt...but I'm concerned with her
          Spoiler:
          getting shot

I also wonder how they're going to explain Bell's return.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I also wonder how they're going to explain Bell's return.
            They don't have to, remember when they rebooted history, it changed how they got over there at the end of season 2 (or was it 3?), they used Walter's machine to do it, not Olivia, so presumably, didn't need Bell's help to return.

This goes full circle back to season 1 though, back then Olivia was convinced Bell was evil, so in this timeline, it looks like he always has been evil

I really hope they haven't bumped Astra off - bahhh of course they haven't, she was alive in 2047 right......?

I've got a horrible feeling they are going to:

Spoiler:
            kill off Olivia next week though - remember back in that future episode what Walter said about Bell, and what September(?) told her earlier this season?

I remember reading an interview with Nimoy some time back where he said he was retired from TV acting unless he was offered one particular type of role - an evil one, so I was like really happy when Walter worked out it was Bell behind it all, and Jones was just a pawn, or was it Bishop? I've had this sneeky suspicion for a while Bell is the man behind it all, so glad they talked him into it, he has such an evil laugh.

Glad Jones is gone though, he was really starting to poo me off giving us English a bad name - why do English always get cast as evil scientists?

Comment

Great episode from start to finish. With Part 1 being this good, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next week with Part 2. I personally think Astrid will be fine in the end, and I can't wait to see what led Bell down this path.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                They don't have to, remember when they rebooted history, it changed how they got over there at the end of season 2 (or was it 3?), they used Walter's machine to do it, not Olivia, so presumably, didn't need Bell's help to return.

This goes full circle back to season 1 though, back then Olivia was convinced Bell was evil, so in this timeline, it looks like he always has been evil

I really hope they haven't bumped Astra off - bahhh of course they haven't, she was alive in 2047 right......?

I've got a horrible feeling they are going to:

Spoiler:
                kill off Olivia next week though - remember back in that future episode what Walter said about Bell, and what September(?) told her earlier this season?

I remember reading an interview with Nimoy some time back where he said he was retired from TV acting unless he was offered one particular type of role - an evil one, so I was like really happy when Walter worked out it was Bell behind it all, and Jones was just a pawn, or was it Bishop? I've had this sneeky suspicion for a while Bell is the man behind it all, so glad they talked him into it, he has such an evil laugh.

Glad Jones is gone though, he was really starting to poo me off giving us English a bad name - why do English always get cast as evil scientists?
                about your last theory, this is also what I think however they seemed very careful in this episode about demonstrating the powers of Cortexiphan

if you remember what happened to that Lemon cake after all

I am pretty interested in seeing why Bell is being evil, he might have been a bit in the grey area in the earlier seasons but in the end had good intentions/reasons ultimately (trying to prevent an interuniversal war) and even sacrificed himself to get them home at the end of season 2

maybe the almonds turned him evil

Comment

They better not kill Astro!

I always liked Leonard Nimoy........I just wanna do bad things to Belly
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

@LanDodger, yeah I thought that last night after a re-watch, maybe Astro did eat the lemon cake after all too.

Then I thought they couldn't do that because their girl hasn't arrived yet, then I thought well there is Altivia, maybe Walters future conversation was about her, or maybe she is the mother.... then I passed out from the confusion LOLOLOL

Comment

The Observers changed the timeline in the first place because Peter had his kid with the wrong Olivia. Alternate Olivia is not Ettas mother. Also Etta's hair is a dead give away & her abilities. Alternate Olivia had no abilities
                      Last edited by TheRandomOne; 07 May 2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I really can't wait for Friday night, and Part 2 of this episode.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                        X