Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    Why the ***** would it be boring?

A Treasure Hunt episode, the strategy, the confrontations etc. Then getting the ship, making it run in time, the escape.

Earth only has a few ships and it already has the beams, top shields etc, so getting 1 more Ancient warship wont make them any more uber.

Or we could go back to Teyla talking about her pregnancy and Athosians (yawns).
    Just imagine ok that episode might be fun to watch but after that its just going to be this. 'Oh noes theres 20 hives heading toward atlantis, but dont worry are new supership is to the recue' if we keep getting better and better weps ships tech ect ect then its boring. Just like seasons 2 of atlantis everytime they get into trouble they send the daedalus and proof of this is

1. Siege part 3
    2. trinity
    3. aurora
    4. the hive
    5. the long goodbye
    6. inferno
    7. allies

Itll just be as dull after we have the ship
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Not if Earth actually manages to keep the warship and the find neat stuff in it...which leads to further explorations.

Which could lead them to find various stuff.

A lot possibilities.

For example: The new ships hyperdrive is not 'tuned' properly, this uber hyperdrive strands them 1 billion light years away from Atlantis (Season 5)...Could be a great 2 parter, them finding other lifeforms possibly new hostile one that they may come in contact with say in Season 6.

So every single episode will not be just about Atlantis, or starting point. Mix and match, variety.

Instead we have the same old boring, copy of SG1: Find new Ha'tak, uhh Hive, uhh any ship=soon blown afterwards.

Comment

Asurans knew everything the Ancients did until near the end. The Asurans were created towards the end of the war with the Wraith, and the left the Ancients (Atlantis) for Asuras.

Now after the Asurans 'destruction' at the hands of the Ancinets, things could have happened they never knew about.

Let's assume that the Ancient's knew the Aurora's weren't cutting against the Wraith, so they started a program to build a new uber warship.

SGA has pretty much trashed the Ancients image (like Voyager did to the Borg). It is time to bring back some wonder to the Ancients.
        Interesting how now you want to make the Ancients look amazing, and want to say that they could have better stuff than Auroras, whereas in every other thread you constantly belittle the people that say that very thing... I can find 6 or 7 quotes of you screaming that the Aurora-class was all they had and that it's crap and that the Lanteans were worthless...

Just wanted to point that out.

And I don't think an episode like this would work, anyway. If we get an uber ship it will completely destroy the last shred of believability this show is clinging to.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Aurora class was all they had at the time.

But, as I said many times, that does not preclude the existence of a prototype warship. Even if that is very remote possibility.

Last shred of believability? LOL. Come now, they lost that way back.

Now is time to make great exciting episodes.

Comment

Aurora class was all they had at the time.

But, as I said many times, that does not preclude the existence of a prototype warship. Even if that is very remote possibility.

Last shred of believability? LOL. Come now, they lost that way back.

Now is time to make great exciting episodes.
            I full heartedly agree the finalie or the beeging of season 5 have to blow our sox off.
            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

The problem with a ship like that is that we would have it for the grand total of 1 episode.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

give one to us and one to michael.

And for super power an Atlantis style shield with a necessary ZPM as a powersystem and maybe dual lagrange point satellite beams on the sides.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

^Yeah. But 1 ZPM to shields. 1 ZPM to power the beam weapons. 1 ZPM to power the rest. It has massive/titanic shield destroying firepower.

And the beam weapons have as little 'recharge' time as the Asgard ones. Wont take forever like the Lantean satellite weapon.

Michael has proven very resourceful, so he is one who found out about the uber Atlantian warship first. Eventually this info gets to Atlantis, Larren is of course spying on them...she finds out...eventually even the Genii find out.

Of course the Wraith find out and all they want to do is destroy them.

While they all think it is one warship, instead there are 3 in a secret CLOAKED ship yard. Alas, one is destroyed by the Wraith, Earth acquires one and so does Michael. Makes the situation seem even less like splitting up, evening the odds.

Now with this warship, Michael is even a treat to Earth. Michael wants to turn Earth and its humans to his loyal followers.

And this could plug in a hole, why didn't any of the Ancient warships not have Atlantis like shields? Well this uber warship does, well with 1 ZPM going to shields (not 3 like Atlantis).

This cloaked ship yard for the uber warships can be explained like Project Arcturus. They had the best and brightest scientist working on it, the very last ditch effort to stave off defeat. Why did it take so long? Ancients, just like the other Great races were not war mongering, or war loving and they believed 'peace' could be had with the Wraith.

I like the multi-dimension of Michael. They have to make him not just another SG1 bad guy. And not just pure evil, he has a 'loving' side, a "secret" crush on Teyla, and his homicidal side. Michael also loves "his" son, Teyla's baby, and heir apparent to Michael...
                  Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 01 March 2008, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I think it could be a very interesting two-parter, searching some prototype ancient ship. It could also not being complete, which would not make us "so powerfull", and it's also not necessary to it being a supership. Some outfitted, modified Aurora would do the trick. That would be sufficient and nothing but logic that the Ancients tried to make their ships better.

Comment

I think the treasure hunt episode sounds really good, with the confrontations with enemies etc, kind of like Sg-1's 'The Quest'. I could also see the ancient supership idea working, it being the ancients last hope against the wraith, so there's only one of them but ofcourse it will have to be destroyed at the end of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        I think the treasure hunt episode sounds really good, with the confrontations with enemies etc, kind of like Sg-1's 'The Quest'. I could also see the ancient supership idea working, it being the ancients last hope against the wraith, so there's only one of them but ofcourse it will have to be destroyed at the end of the episode.
                        That's why it's better to be incomplete and not even a supership. After, it doesn't need to be blown up in few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                          That's why it's better to be incomplete and not even a supership. After, it doesn't need to be blown up in few episodes.
                          Yes but it probably will even if its not a super ship.
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Supership, but incomplete. Atlantis like shields, but the Lantean satellite like weapons will take a lot of time and effort to get working etc.

That is a good idea.

And thus it does not need to get destroyed after 1 episode or during that episode.

Yes. They make the supership limp home to Atlantis and finally Earth for much needed work. And it make a reappreance here and there as needed by the producers, but it wont be on Atlantis...So no super powered ship at beck and call. Wont make Earth any more uber powerful.

And this will give some luster and awe back to the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90
                              Yes but it probably will even if its not a super ship.
                              That's why it should be incomplete, you see? Before they make it functional, several episodes pass. So when it's blown up, there's a pretty big chance we'll be having it for nearly half a season.That's the trick.

Comment

i like the story idea but we dont need a fanwank supership

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X