Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

convince me that SGU is worth watching...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    SGU is really good, even when the first half of season 1 requires a bit of patience.

With SGU, sometimes you need a bit of effort to bite through, but it always felt to me, especially with Season 2, that it pays off.
    Well, I found it on Netflix, so I am giving it another try. I am up to the 4th episode. When it was on originally, I couldn't muster up the enthusiasm for those first few episodes.

Comment

My impression was it was plodding plodding plodding and then all of a sudden it got REAL stargatey, and I was happy. And then it was over

I'm a completist so I couldn't imagine not watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
        I watched the first ep (and have completely forgotten it) but I do remember that it was too dark and the youth of the crew made this ol' Clanger a bit grumpy.

So - does it have good points? What does it bring to the table to enhance my Stargate viewing?
        Or should I go back to S8, 9 and 10 of SG-1 and try to like those instead?

Thats exactly how i used to feel about Universe and season 8,9,10 of SG1.Totally.I now love 8,9,10. I always liked them i just felt the series lurched about a tad and it took a while for me to accept Vala and Mitchell aswell as the whole Ori thing but now i watch them boxsets more than most.Probably due to the fact they are the least watched out my boxsets. As for Universe,i eagerly anticipated it lke everyone else,then after about 4 episodes i thought "this is too slow,trying to be too edgy,blah blah blah" but my brother told me to persevere and recently i saved them all on my skyplus box and i must admit theres some great episodes.Just wish they had made the most of what they had as in Dr.Rush.I do like Universe now for what it is.TBH id watch any SG series but im a traditionalist SG1 fan 1st and foremost.Getting into Atlantis was easy as we had already been introduced to some of the characters and the plotline was connected to SG1 in many ways too.Also loved the crossover epsodes. But yeah Universe is worth getting into.Slow burning but still some good moments and writing.Cheers
        O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
        X