Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
    theres not much you can really do with greandes they either blow up and kill or blow up and stun. i cant think of a new fun use for a grenade exept an emp grenade
    maybe a grenade that when it explodes launches heat-seeking explosive shrapnel that hit a person even if they avoided the blast (kinda like the needler from halo I know but I still think it would be cool)

also manybe some kind of grenade that temporeraly freezes time within the explosion allowing the person who threw the grenade to throw a shrapnel granade (like the one above) or get some direct shots in from the edge of the field and then when the granade shuts down - BAM! 10 bullets in each of their faces!

something like that is unlikely but would be cool to see in my opinion.
    Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post

also manybe some kind of grenade that temporeraly freezes time within the explosion allowing the person who threw the grenade to throw a shrapnel granade (like the one above) or get some direct shots in from the edge of the field and then when the granade shuts down - BAM! 10 bullets in each of their faces!

something like that is unlikely but would be cool to see in my opinion.
      a stasis grenade, i like that. GREEN

Comment

I just want to see drones. I think battles with drones are fantastic. I love seeing a flurry of them making "decisions" and flying about.

If theres no drones.. its not an Ancient ship..

chem

Comment

how about a an ancient gun that shoots mini drones???like hlfway throught the seasont they find an armory filled with guns that shoot tiny versions of drones.yeah i think we just found the weopons they use after they run out of bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
            how about a an ancient gun that shoots mini drones???like hlfway throught the seasont they find an armory filled with guns that shoot tiny versions of drones.yeah i think we just found the weopons they use after they run out of bullets.
            thats gotta have some green, ide kill to see that

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
              like smart bulets i saw in an old tom sellek film it had gene simmons as the bad guy, itd home in on your unique heat signiture no matte where you were

it was called runaway

Comment

thats gotta have some green, ide kill to see that
                lol thanks...i think that would freakin awesome.
                but of course it will never beat a phaser lol had to

Comment

like smart bulets i saw in an old tom sellek film it had gene simmons as the bad guy, itd home in on your unique heat signiture no matte where you were

it was called runaway
                  lol i guess..never heard that term before

Comment

Cyborg technology from a race of traders that sell upgrades.
                    sigpic

Comment

a stasis grenade, i like that. GREEN
                      thank man, much apriciated

I just thought of something similer: Portable Drone Gatling GUN!

Imagine it: a team is being attacked on the way to the gate by aircraft and the weapons they have are uneffective against them.

so the team leader radios to some of the guards at the ate to set the gun up.

they get to the gate and the aircraft follows them there and SUDDENLY BAM! a stream of drone are heading at the aircraft, from the gun at superfast speeds, blowing the crap out of them!

it could also be useful against ground troops as well..

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

AAAAAAH im new here!!
                        I would like to see some kind of hydroponics deck or something so they can grow there own food. Trek style replicators make things a bit to easy IMO
                        sigpic

Comment

Beam Weapons. Lots and lots of Beam Weapons! LOL

A highly unrealistic thought but it provides a picture of my frame of mind. Everytime I see them going off on a mission in a Stargate show carrying old fashioned earth based projectile weapons, when in 16 seasons between two shows they have encountered tons of better compact fighting tech, I groan and shake my head. While the military typically likes to go with tried and true, it always loves to get its hands on the most advanced stuff, and if it is tried and true for another race, then it should be good enough for us to use. So please, update the personal weapons just a bit!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
                          But I would like the AI to be human to a certain extent - more like Cortana from Halo that the computer in Star Trek in my opinion. On the bridge of the Destiny they could have a holo-pad where he/she/it could appear and make tactical anaylisis and stuff like that and also you would be able to interface with it directly from any other control consoles on the ship and talk with he/she/it.
                          Cortana could boss me around anyday! Its a great idea in some ways, but as we have not seen any AI like this in the Stargate universe, not even with the ancients, I don't see a plausible way to introduce an AI akin to Cortana level in this series. Howver, it was a great thought AtlantisAssassin!
                          ---------------------
                          sigpic
                          Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

[QUOTE=Espeon1962;9818649]Beam Weapons. Lots and lots of Beam Weapons! LOL

A highly unrealistic thought but it provides a picture of my frame of mind. Everytime I see them going off on a mission in a Stargate show carrying old fashioned earth based projectile weapons, when in 16 seasons between two shows they have encountered tons of better compact fighting tech, I groan and shake my head. While the military typically likes to go with tried and true, it always loves to get its hands on the most advanced stuff, and if it is tried and true for another race, then it should be good enough for us to use. So please, update the personal weapons just a bit!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]
                            dude...im serious... mini drone guns are the way to go!i said it earlier in this thread...and im sticking with it!lol

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                              Cortana could boss me around anyday! Its a great idea in some ways, but as we have not seen any AI like this in the Stargate universe, not even with the ancients, I don't see a plausible way to introduce an AI akin to Cortana level in this series. Howver, it was a great thought AtlantisAssassin!
                              your probably right, we most likely won't see a Cortana level AI, but me and a few others are fairly certain there has to be an AI of some-kind on the ship as there are certain things that a ship that far away from home, uncrewed, would need an AI for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                AAAAAAH im new here!!
                                I would like to see some kind of hydroponics deck or something so they can grow there own food. Trek style replicators make things a bit to easy IMO
                                the asgard have trek style replicators so they may turn up anyway cos its only logical that the ancients has something similar (the device daniel useg to make the anti ori weapon for instance but less grand)

and welcome to the forum
                                Last edited by toby1kanobi; 27 February 2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X