No announcement yet.

Show and Tell (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do hope we see the re'tu again they were a cool enemy i really liked them so i do hope they come back

Comment

I love the Re'tu. I love aliens like that. Aliens that are really aliens.

I take it from a few of the comments I read that we don't see them again...

sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

This is, of course, assuming that there have been no further attempts in the 'off screen' environment. I suppose there could be scope for encountering a squad of them on another world where they've been busy reducing the population for a while (and no one knows why until Junior starts jumping), finding them and defeating them in an environment that is less easy to sweep than the SGC.

Don't know if that's really going to be of much value to the overall story arc in the long run, on the other hand. To some degree, they have served their purpose. They are not interested in alliances, so they aren't really much use to the storyline really. Shame; they are superbly creepy, a truly determined enemy that is capable of taking out a city with the right equipment - but who is invisible.

It's a neat idea in theory - attempting to wipe out the Goa'uld by depriving them of all potential hosts. Can't see how it would work in practice, though - there are Humans all over the galaxy, they (to put it crudely) breed like rabbits and it would be a bit of a Forth Bridge job for the Re'tu to exterminate the entire galactic population!

On a slightly different tack, I wonder how Charlie got on with his new symbiote.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
          On a slightly different tack, I wonder how Charlie got on with his new symbiote.
          I enjoyed this episode; always good to see Jacob Carter again, especially to see him so happy in his new life.

I thought this episode did raise issues about consent when the Tokr'a take a host. Clearly, in this episode, taking a symbiote was the only way of saving Charlie's life (as it was for Jacob). But can a young child really understand what it all means and make an informed choice? I'm not saying that giving Charlie a symbiote was right or wrong, I just thought that it raised some more questions.
          sigpic
          Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Just finished watching the Episode. It would be so interesting to see what happened to Charlie. I mean he was 'made' quickly and with defaults but the Tokra would have fixed all that....Which means that he would have been healthy after that. But with one extra thing, his brain was made to have higher 'physic' powers - so he could see his mother. Imagine if he was healthy/had all the Tokra knowledge and had this little 'extra' brain power .....force to be reckoned.

Comment

I thought the kid with the veiny head was kind of cute.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...-and-tell.html
              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

This invisible enemy could have been turned into as big a deal as the replicators. However, the writers realized that they weren't parasitic enough to be a true threat. So instead of bringing it up a couple of times and then discarding the arc, they simply discarded it at the root. But this episode wasn't a complete loss we get to see Jacob and Selmak again as well as an introduction to phase shifting in the Stargate Universe.
                sigpic

Comment

An enjoyable and exciting episode, with another really really alien race introduced. I really like it when the aliens are not humanoid.

Although, when I saw the promotional trailer I thought that it would suck since it reminded me of that "troopers" movie with all the big bug aliens. I hate that movie.

Good thing I was wrong. I like the Jack scenes with the kid. I knew that it will be another painful epsiode for Jack when I saw the kid zeroing on him. I am glad that the kid can live.

It was nice of the Tokra to help.

I wonder if they will contact the good Retu group. They seem to be technologically advanced and they got the invisible thing. Form an alliance maybe?

Comment

I thought it was a pretty awesome episode with an interesting new alien, unfortunate that we don't see them again - they could of been a good two parter at least.

The SGC should fit those TERs or a similar device that can do a sweep of the Gate room when SG teams return.

I didn't get why the Tokra and Teal'c held the TERs when they become affect when a Re'tu is near.

Good to see Jacob/Selmac again.

They should have had a hand scanning device on the iris a long time ago, all the enemies that have tried to escape the base using the Gate and all.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

This episode was great! It was cool to see other enemies than Goa'uld's

Comment

Awsome Ep..
                        Re-2 Are awwwsome Destroying every possible host in the galaxy is just a little INSANE.. is it not?
                        Spoiler:
                        Sucks that we never heard from Charlie again =\ Or fight the Re-2 they would of made a good story line.

Comment

Jacob is awesome! I love how he was confident in Sam's combat skills when hunting down the invsi-bugs in the corridors of the SGC. I'm not sure if most father's would be that way, military or not.
                          I love Jacob!

So... uh... Charlie? Whatever happened to him? (did I just black out when he and Jack 'visit' later on?) He was an odd duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                            Jacob is awesome! I love how he was confident in Sam's combat skills when hunting down the invsi-bugs in the corridors of the SGC. I'm not sure if most father's would be that way, military or not.
                            I love Jacob!

So... uh... Charlie? Whatever happened to him? (did I just black out when he and Jack 'visit' later on?) He was an odd duck.
                            Jacob took Charlie with him, most likely to be blended with a Tok'ra symbiote in order to save his life. Everyone decided it was the only way to save him, because of all the physical deficiencies he had that the Reetu stuck him with when they created him. I'd like to believe that the Tok'ra did manage to save him.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Jacob took Charlie with him, most likely to be blended with a Tok'ra symbiote in order to save his life. Everyone decided it was the only way to save him, because of all the physical deficiencies he had that the Reetu stuck him with when they created him. I'd like to believe that the Tok'ra did manage to save him.
                              I guess Jack and Charlie only visit each other in fanfic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                                I guess Jack and Charlie only visit each other in fanfic.
                                This is one of the storylines I would like to have had revisited so we could have found out what happened to Charlie after Jacob took him to the Tok'ra. He was such a cute little kid and he adored Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X