Telford Explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telford Explanation

Noticed this in the live discussion topic about people wondering who the real Telford is and if Telford is alive etc. I'm going to attempt to explain it.

When future Destiny made the 9th chevron connection it was send back in time 12 hours. This means that as soon as future Telford stepped through the gate he travelled to our Earth in the present.

So for a time like there were 2 Rush's there were also 2 Telford's: Future Telford on our Earth and present day Telford on our Destiny.

Then we seen future Rush accidentally kill present day Telford. So now there is currently only 1 Telford: Future Telford on our Earth.

As for the case of who the "real" Telford is the answer is: both are. The only difference between them was that one had 12 hours additional memories that the other didn't have.

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    As for the case of who the "real" Telford is the answer is: both are. The only difference between them was that one had 12 hours additional memories that the other didn't have.
    Not necessarily true. As seen in previous Stargate shows, alternate timelines while very similar can be drastically different. We know this wasn't an identical timeline as the damage on both the Destiny's from the space battle were different. Telford's outlook could be drastically different from what we know. (Even to the point that he may not have been 'cured' from the LA's brainwashing. We really don't know anything about this "new" Telford.)

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
      We know this wasn't an identical timeline as the damage on both the Destiny's from the space battle were different.
      Were they? I figured they just cannibalized all of the systems that were still working.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
        Were they? I figured they just cannibalized all of the systems that were still working.
        This. It doesn't matter if the damage is the same, the parts are no matter what system they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
          Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          This. It doesn't matter if the damage is the same, the parts are no matter what system they come from.
          They mentioned that the damage was different just before Brody started running to the bridge.

Comment

They mentioned that the damage was different just before Brody started running to the bridge.
            I'll have to rewatch, but the only mention I recall is of the damage being worse, and that has a valid justification. Where did he say something was fixed when it shouldn't be?

Comment

I thought that too, but I've just gone back and had a look and he doesn't actually say that. He just says that the damage is restricted to certain areas, I thought he implied that the damage was different too, but he doesn't actually say it.

Comment

They said something like "Look, those areas are still intact." I don't have the exact quote.

Comment

So wonder what Telford will think when he finds out his other self has been killed.

Comment

They said something like "Look, those areas are still intact." I don't have the exact quote.
                    As KEK points out, Brody's comment refers to the damage being restricted to certain areas. Nothing different, only not much worse.

Comment

Not necessarily true. As seen in previous Stargate shows, alternate timelines while very similar can be drastically different. We know this wasn't an identical timeline as the damage on both the Destiny's from the space battle were different. Telford's outlook could be drastically different from what we know. (Even to the point that he may not have been 'cured' from the LA's brainwashing. We really don't know anything about this "new" Telford.)
                      I'm not convinced even the present Telford was completely "cured" from the LA brainwashing. My mom and I both noted his change of heart - in the beginning of the series he wanted nothing more than to get to Destiny, but now that he's there he just wants to go home? I think he is either not completely cured, or his time with the Ersini changed him.
                      That is just my two cents.

Comment

In the beginning of the series he was brainwashed.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          As KEK points out, Brody's comment refers to the damage being restricted to certain areas. Nothing different, only not much worse.
                          Umm, if nothing's different it would've been the same, therefore they wouldn't have mentioned it. If anyone can post the exact quote it would be helpful, I can't watch again until tomorrow sometime.

Comment

I think that the whole "look at the damge" comments were based off "Alternate Rush's " story of how the rear end exploded during the failed gate attempt. He was just commenting that the damage wasnt as bad as expected.

Comment

Brody: Do you guys see what I see?

James: What?

Brody: The damage is confined mostly to the engineering spaces. Main living compartments look intact.

Park: So?

Brody: I've got an idea.

*runs off*
                              I don't think he meant what I first assumed.

Comment

Working...
                              X