No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I very publicly stated at the GateWorld dinner the Sunday night of the 2011 con that it was going to be my final trip to Vancouver. After 4 years in a row on a budget that couldn't support those trips (thank you to every single person that helped me make the trek the past 2 years...you know who you are), I felt very secure that night telling all of you that it was my last hurrah. Under the assumption that the con itself would carry on.

GateWorld has maintained a presence at VanCon every year since its inception. From the beginning, it was Darren and David. Beginning in 2008, it was Darren, David and myself. Beginning in 2010, it was just me.

GateWorld was there for the beginning. And it will be there for the end.

Barring something earth-shattering, count me in....meaning the final official GateWorld dinner will also be a go. Hope you guys have been happy with the way I've done it the last 2 years.

That said....I probably will need to find roomies (male or female) that are willing to take me in for no cost. I'm not even remotely kidding about the budget thing (my flight is being covered by a great friend's graciousness). I can't help at all. But I'm great company, and it's for a good cause. If any one wants to house an orphan, PM me.
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
      I very publicly stated at the GateWorld dinner the Sunday night of the 2011 con that it was going to be my final trip to Vancouver. After 4 years in a row on a budget that couldn't support those trips (thank you to every single person that helped me make the trek the past 2 years...you know who you are), I felt very secure that night telling all of you that it was my last hurrah. Under the assumption that the con itself would carry on.

GateWorld has maintained a presence at VanCon every year since its inception. From the beginning, it was Darren and David. Beginning in 2008, it was Darren, David and myself. Beginning in 2010, it was just me.

Barring something earth-shattering, count me in....meaning the final official GateWorld dinner will also be a go. Hope you guys have been happy with the way I've done it the last 2 years.

That said....I probably will need to find roomies (male or female) that are willing to take me in for no cost. I'm not even remotely kidding about the budget thing (my flight is being covered by a great friend's graciousness). I can't help at all. But I'm great company, and it's for a good cause. If any one wants to house an orphan, PM me.
      I was wondering if you would be there...glad you are. I plan on having the Farewell Dinner and combining it with a Celebration of Graduation. It's the graduation present to myself. Anyone else who's graduating from college or a tech school and have access to your cap and gown...be there!! Group picture!! My grad ceremony is on May 3rd at ASU West, so I can't stay for too many days.
      Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 08 September 2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hollie54208 View Post
        I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to make Vancouver stargate as much as I absolutely loved it. But...I'm coming. Volunteering but coming
        You've become a second @nakedwesley for me. She is following me all the time as well.

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
        Also true, although quite a few SGA actors now live in my area. Not that I run into them on the street or anything...sadly. If I lived in the UK I would be going to cons all the time. Er, I mean, more than I do here even.
        I was wondering about that. If you would bumb into them all the time.

Guess I'm doing something wrong. I go to North America cons "all the time", but I hardly can go to the cons which are almost at my doorstep (England)...

Originally posted by doublecut View Post

Hey, that's great news! It wouldn't have been the same otherwise....

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        I plan on having the Farewell Dinner...
        I really think we should try to make the last SG Van con very special and the final highlight. No pressure, though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post

What job do they usually give you when you volunteer. Do you get to see any of the talks?

It always varies. Last year in Vancouver, for the first three days, I did the door and vending so when it was not busy, i could see the talks. The last day, I was Corin's handler. I saw his talk but not anyone elses (though it was a threesome with Jamil and JR so that was great.)

In Chicago, I was a runner and floater most of saturday so I missed the morning talks unless I was floating in to cover lunch breaks. By evening, I was a handler again and then a handler on sunday. So I saw David and Joe's talks. I happened to be on break to see JR's as well. I don't know what I'm going to be doing until I get there though. I've always been pretty happy with what I do get to see.

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
          April - Vancouver - Stargate
          June - Nashville - Supernatural
          August - Boston - Supernatural
          August - Chicago - Stargate
          September - Chicago - Star Trek
          October - Chicago - Supernatural
          November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
          March - Burbank - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
            You've become a second @nakedwesley for me. She is following me all the time as well.

I'd like to say that we just have good taste. In reality, I just think we can't get enough of conventions!

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
            August - Boston - Supernatural
            August - Chicago - Stargate
            September - Chicago - Star Trek
            October - Chicago - Supernatural
            November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
            March - Burbank - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi all,

This con reminds me of the 1st one I attended in Vancouver in April 2007.
              So in order to celebrate I am going to try and do the same things again - sadly not the set tour.
              I've booked the location tour and will happily attend any dinners, parties etc that are being organised.

Looking forward to seeing you all again and wait with anticipation to see which guests come.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                Hey now! I think it's you who have been following me.

Wow, after 5 years, I have FINALLY reached 500 posts. Will I get a promotion now?? Tired of being a second lieutenant.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh my. The last VanCon? Read that email to my hubby and he said, "Well, don't give up; sometimes miracles happen." Yes, they do, but I don't think I'll hold my breath for this one. It sure would be fun to be able to go to the last one though. When my sweet husband told me in 2005 for the first one, "You should go," I could hardly believe it but I had a blast, met great people and even returned several more times. Almost seems "wrong" not to come to the last one, but life has changed and I don't have the freedom to do these kinds of things like I did before. Oh well. It will be fun to read about it when you all go and then post your experiences here on the forum. Enjoy it for those of us who can't be there.

OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
                    Oh my. The last VanCon? Read that email to my hubby and he said, "Well, don't give up; sometimes miracles happen." Yes, they do, but I don't think I'll hold my breath for this one. It sure would be fun to be able to go to the last one though. When my sweet husband told me in 2005 for the first one, "You should go," I could hardly believe it but I had a blast, met great people and even returned several more times. Almost seems "wrong" not to come to the last one, but life has changed and I don't have the freedom to do these kinds of things like I did before. Oh well. It will be fun to read about it when you all go and then post your experiences here on the forum. Enjoy it for those of us who can't be there.

Shame you can't make it. I was wondering how far we would get with getting the band back together with as many of those who came over the years as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                      Shame you can't make it. I was wondering how far we would get with getting the band back together with as many of those who came over the years as possible.
                      Thanks, Krisz! Yes, I would love to be there again. I suppose there's a thin thread of possibility, but I don't hold out much hope that it could really happen. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad for those who will be able to go though.

OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Thanks, Krisz! Yes, I would love to be there again. I suppose there's a thin thread of possibility, but I don't hold out much hope that it could really happen. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad for those who will be able to go though.

never say never.....

Comment

I've booked a double room for the con and hopefully on exec floor, need a roomie or two. Let me know!
                          sigpic

Comment

The first two guests have been announced... thus far it's an Atlantis Spotlight as on Friday, Ryan Robbins will take the stage while; on Saturday, Kavan Smith takes the spotlight.

Kavan was awesome this past April and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Ryan Robbins.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                              The first two guests have been announced... thus far it's an Atlantis Spotlight as on Friday, Ryan Robbins will take the stage while; on Saturday, Kavan Smith takes the spotlight.

Kavan was awesome this past April and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Ryan Robbins.
                              Are you sure? http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                                Yeah, they show up in the guest list for me. Sometimes you might need to clear cookies to get the most recent update. But, this is what comes up for me:

KAVAN SMITH
                                Major Evan Lorne of Stargate: Atlantis, Deputy Andy of Eureka, Jed Garrity of The 4400, plus much more!
                                Appearing Saturday

RYAN ROBBINS
                                Ladon Radim of Stargate: Atlantis, Henry Foss of Sanctuary, Diego of Caprica, Charlie Connor of Battlestar Galactica
                                Appearing Friday

Except... side by side, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X