No announcement yet.

The Constant (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great episode, although the 'it's a London number' line and a few of the accents had me rolling my eyes!

Comment

"If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant."

Holy crap. Just... Wow. I pity the fools that gave up on this when there "were no answers".

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
        Spoiler:
        The preview seems to depict Dan and Charlotte in a DHARMA station. I believe that it's the Orchid station, a station spoilers have indicated that Juliet has visited before and given that the next episode is Juliet-centric...
        Spoiler:
        Actually, according to a preview clip, they're heading to the Tempest, which is a power station on the island. So I don't know if they're trying to power up the Orchid or if the Orchid is part of a Juliet flashback.

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
          Spoiler:
          Actually, according to a preview clip, they're heading to the Tempest, which is a power station on the island. So I don't know if they're trying to power up the Orchid or if the Orchid is part of a Juliet flashback.
          Really? Where in the preview clip is that? Do you have a link?
          Spoiler:
          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
            Really? Where in the preview clip is that? Do you have a link?
            I saw this preview earlier today.
            Here it is

I assume thats the same preview JayShadow mentioned.
            Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

one of the best episodes, though the notion of a "constant" and especially the way Daniel expounded it doesn't really scream "sci-fi" (then again, was the show ever supposed to be "pure sci-fi" ?)

btw. Desmond is Daniel's constant ? I thought Daniel said the constant had to be something both 'familiar' and which the subject 'really really cared about', manifestly Desmond is neither of these, so it turns out the constant merely has to be a physical reference common to both timelines

also, did Desmond recover his memories or is he back in 2004 with an 8-year amnesia ?

Comment

also, it would be interesting to see another character strong enough to break the time trap without the need of a constant

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                  I saw this preview earlier today.
                  Here it is

I assume thats the same preview JayShadow mentioned.
                  Yeah. Usually ABC will post a few scenes from the next episode at Lost's official site on Friday. I think eonline usually picks it up the same day, and it pops up on youtube everywhere by that night. They tend to be scenes that happen early in the episode, so they're not huge spoilers even when they sometimes look like it out of context.

Comment

Ah! Okay, I'd seen that one before, but the audio quality wasn't as good and I missed hearing "Tempest."
                    Spoiler:
                    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                      btw. Desmond is Daniel's constant ? I thought Daniel said the constant had to be something both 'familiar' and which the subject 'really really cared about', manifestly Desmond is neither of these, so it turns out the constant merely has to be a physical reference common to both timelines

also, did Desmond recover his memories or is he back in 2004 with an 8-year amnesia ?
                      I would say that Desmond would mean a lot to Daniel because when he showed up in 1996 it validated all of his theories, and in turn, his whole existence. Daniel would therefore really care about Desmond making him an appropriate constant.

I think Desmond got all his memories back since he said he remembered Sayid and everything.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea
                        I would say that Desmond would mean a lot to Daniel because when he showed up in 1996 it validated all of his theories, and in turn, his whole existence. Daniel would therefore really care about Desmond making him an appropriate constant.
                        yeah that would mean he values Desmond as the bloke who helped him solve a bunch of mathematical equations - from "valuing" to "caring" (which was Daniel's word) there's quite a stretch, surely you'll see the difference between Daniel & Desmond's relationship and the real, long-time bond that unites Penny & Desmond

he said he remembered Sayid and everything.
                        u sure ?

Comment

Desmond sure seemed to now know who Sayid was.

Great episode, this season continues it´s impressive performance.

I´ll admit that I´m not a fan of time travel, it´s always been way to much of a plot device that charactes don´t seem to know how to use correctly. However, Lost seems to have it´s act together and have a good handle on things. I´d say they go with that the future creates itself and there is only one timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            yeah that would mean he values Desmond as the bloke who helped him solve a bunch of mathematical equations - from "valuing" to "caring" (which was Daniel's word) there's quite a stretch, surely you'll see the difference between Daniel & Desmond's relationship and the real, long-time bond that unites Penny & Desmond

u sure ?
                            Yep, I'm pretty sure their consciousnesses had been 'restored'.

Comment

I dunno...Desmond sure didn't seem too act like he'd gotten his memories back
                              more like he'd just broken the "loop" & that was it

Comment

Nope,. he's normal Desmond again. Saying Sayid's name was sort of TV shorthand for recognizing him again. Same with his past self smiling the last time we see him, because he's back in his own time.

Comment

Working...
                                X