End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    I'll have to watch the show again, but we don't know what age they were when they were being experimented on... I got the impression those kids were grown in a lab to get pure flawless DNA. We have no idea what the Cabal or whoever was working on the project had planned for the kids once they were born. Once Helen got involved, which was apparently after they had succeeded in developing the kids, she shut down the project and they became wards of the state - so they didn't have parents.
    I think the project involved modifying the DNA of orphans, so they weren't born with flawless DNA, their DNA was scrubbed to make them blank slates.

With regards to Ashley, Tesla was able to shock Druitt back to his senses, maybe the same can be done for Ashley? And Tesla is taking some kind of treatment to control his vampirism, so maybe they could do the same for her? It wouldn't 'cure' her, but it could help her control her new powers.

sigpic

Comment

Of course none of us know exactly how this will turn out for Ashley. I'm really hoping that this procedure will be able to be undone, and if so, Ashley would be able to return to normal. Well, as normal as someone in her position could come. Obviously this is sure to haunt her for the rest of her life, but the whole premise kinda reminds me of Sam Carter's goa'ulding with Jolinar, and she was able to work through that.
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        With regards to Ashley, Tesla was able to shock Druitt back to his senses, maybe the same can be done for Ashley? And Tesla is taking some kind of treatment to control his vampirism, so maybe they could do the same for her? It wouldn't 'cure' her, but it could help her control her new powers.
        I've thought this as a possibility, too. Especially.....

Spoiler:
        since in next weeks previews, it shows her trying to get through some sort of electricity shield. I wondered if this was something they do to try to get her out of her current state

I'm hoping they get Ashley back to her normal state, without all the powers. I think it makes more of a challenge for her and the team, if they don't all have superpowers to help save the day.

On another note, I think Dana (Cabal lady) looks much better this season. Her new hair-do makes her actually seem more approachable and softer (if that's possible!)

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
          Not sure if it was mentioned here or in the Oficial forum.
          But 1st time we see the Doc with Ash and she says her name, the image in Ash's eye is herself crying. Its like she's locked in. And we later see that she is when we see a glimpse of her trying to kill the doc.
          does anyone have an image of this?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

they use the one essex girl to 'erase' ashley's gifts and rewrite her, like the cabal did to the others. but will or can helen make ash the way she was before or will she make her something 'better' or make her 'normal'

maybe that's the only way to save her is to make her a regular human

imagine ashley dealing with that
            what do you mean 'use' the essex girl to erase ashley's gifts and such?

this goes back to me having probs hearing things. i think i need to get my hearing tested.

(edited: wait, was this all discussed when helen and the gang were in that huge hall, talking things over? i was distracted by their surroundings, b/c i could see flaws in the green screen technique.)
            sally

sigpic

Comment

What do you guys mean by "flaws in the green-screen technique"? A couple people have mentioned it.
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                What do you guys mean by "flaws in the green-screen technique"? A couple people have mentioned it.
                i only saw one flaw really, when they were all in that huge hall. and i say 'flaw', because it didn't look realistic behind them. (the walls, all the objects around and behind everyone when they were talking)

but it wasn't a big thing, it just distracted me for a bit. (because i don't remember any of the things they were talking about. stupid me )
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  Yes, it is the bestest Sanctuary scene ever! Though Ryan's hair looked awfully curly

"Uh Ryan, shouldn't you be typing or something...."
                  Didn't it though?

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Well that was certainly the weakest of the shows I watch on Fridays. SGU was great, Clone Wars was terrific, Dollhouse finally had it's first good episode this season, and Sanctuary, well....

Ugh, what a letdown of a season opener. It was nice to see them finally use Vancouver as Vancouver, and that one of the 'perfect' people was named Martin Wood (), but beyond that, bleh. Slow pacing, annoying new character, John there as little more than a transportation gimmick, Tesla accomplishing little more than drinking wine, Bigfoot doing his annoying panting thing--really, not one of the characters was playing to their strengths. And it didn't even come off as desperation, it just came off as bad, boring, and uninteresting. And let's not even go into that stupid multicamera thing they tried out. God forbid they should ever do that again; I think it may finally have bested the infamous "xx hours earlier" as the single most annoying storytelling technique ever conceived.

I like Sanctuary. I was a bit bored with its first few episodes, but then there were some really awesome winners toward the end of the season that left me with bated breath and just dying for season two to start. But this season premiere was a real stinker, IMO. I hope next week is better.
                  Sorry you were disappointed but glad you will stick with the show.

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  I'm not a Sanctuary fan by any means, and have never seen an episode... but I have to say, the parts of this episode I did see... were bloody awesome !
                  Hope you'll come back for more.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  And I have to say, I'm insanely jealous (in a good way! ) that you guys got to see that scene being filmed. That's what I'll be thinking about during that scene when I rewatch this episode.
                  That's sweet. Thanks. It's funny because with all the seriousness and angst in the episode, that's the scene where once Helen walks out of camera range we got the immediate transformation to AT doing a goofy catwalk thing and practically whacking me in the face with her hair.

There should be a scene in part 2 as well. Looking forward to seeing which version of what they shot will be in it.

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                  *gasps* i wanna meet Chris!! i love him! lol
                  He is a sweet man. You'll love him more when you meet him. Are you too far away to attend the Sanctuary Experience con?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

It's not great quality, but here it is.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ljscott View Post
                      It's not great quality, but here it is.

Ohhh, thanks for posting this pic. It went by so fast originally that it was hard to tell. Thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

No prob.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just saw the full eps and i have to say i was blown away it was awsome my favorite bit's were in Egypt and when Helen trying to get info out of kate freelander and then when she see's Ash and John's reaction's as well very cool i can't wait to see the second part

I hope they can get through to Ash she look's so bad**s .

And bigfoot i hope he takes the antidote that will help him .
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              Actually, I think I can...or at least tone it down considerably if not reverse it completely! Remember the orphans started out with abnormalities but were then wiped clean...why not do the same to Ashley! Just a thought.
                              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i think they can make ash a normal human
                              remember what they did for those kids? rewrote their genes to make them blank slates, so they could be written over....have ashley's 'cloned' abilities put on them.
                              the same thing the cabal did to the other 5 is what the sanctuary crew could do to ashley to 'fix' her and they could use the essex girl as a template
                              Two great minds!!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
                                The way Ashley will maybe come back:

Spoiler:
                                "Those urges your feeling are entirely normal and they can be controlled...."I think that line is pivotal in that scene. Almost as if to let the fans know, these urges can be controlled. And maybe the crew, is going to have to figure that out, to save Ashley.

Spoiler:

That picture you have - that scene was so heartbreaking to watch i felt my heart lurch!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Didn't it though?

Sorry you were disappointed but glad you will stick with the show.

Hope you'll come back for more.

That's sweet. Thanks. It's funny because with all the seriousness and angst in the episode, that's the scene where once Helen walks out of camera range we got the immediate transformation to AT doing a goofy catwalk thing and practically whacking me in the face with her hair.

There should be a scene in part 2 as well. Looking forward to seeing which version of what they shot will be in it.

He is a sweet man. You'll love him more when you meet him. Are you too far away to attend the Sanctuary Experience con?
                                Australia, but i'm a 2 hour flight away from any major captial cities >_<

All this talk about what's going to happen to Ash this is what i really think. Its a twist but it could be twisty enough to work!

Spoiler:
                                Bigfoot is the one that dies, i hate to say it but still... Ashley breaks the mind control but the Cabal and supersoilers will still be after her after she kicks there butts!. So she goes off... rouge as i like to say Killing both for the Sanctuary and anything really that is a threat to her. Kinda freelancing but not really, that way the whole season can play under that plot line of Ashley is alive but where is she and whats happening with her kinda thing.

... it could work
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X