No announcement yet.

The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gave the Hologram Dr. his Mobile Emitter ?
    Spoiler:
    Henry Starling

How did said person acquire the Mobile Emitter ?
    Spoiler:
    He stole it from a future ship

What is Odo's Bajoran name ? I can't remember

What does Odo mean or translate to ?
    Spoiler:
    It translated to "nothing" or "goo" in Cardassian

Comment

I got 2 guess the quote questions.

"It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I've become because of you." ???

"If I even think about doing something like this again, shoot me!" ???

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
        "It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I've become because of you."
        That is Miles O'Brien from TNG (not DS9). I can't think of the name of the episode though.
        Originally posted by Weyoun
        "If I even think about doing something like this again, shoot me!" ???
        lolol, that is Quark from the rather fun DS9 episode The Magnificent Ferengi
        The USS Defiant Rocks!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

"It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I've become because of you." ???
          Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
          That is Miles O'Brien from TNG (not DS9). I can't think of the name of the episode though.
          That is indeed O'Brien from the very good TNG episode The Wounded.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

"What does Odo mean or translate to"

Spoiler:
            Unknown, with his full name "Odo Etal" (not sure on last bit's spelling) being unknown sample

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              "What does Odo mean or translate to"
              Unknown, with his full name "Odo Etal" (not sure on last bit's spelling) being unknown sample
              It does translate basically to unkown/nothing/goo. And it's spelled Odo Ital or Odo'ital (but as brother Fifth likes to say - "we don't grade spelling") Well done brother Saber.
              Here are the answers to my Trek Trivia Questions ....

Who gave the Hologram Dr. his Mobile Emitter? Henry Starling

How did said person acquire the Mobile Emitter? He stole it from a 29th century Starship

What is Odo's Bajoran name? Odo Ital or Odo'ital

What does Odo mean or translate to? Odo is Cardassian for nothing or unknown or goo (all acceptable)

Comment

Two trivia questions, both music related:

1. Which song is associated with O'Brien and Ben Maxwell? The song's melody is briefly heard as a flute in one of the ending montages for "What You Leave Behind"

2. Which Steppenwolf song is used for Star Trek: First Contact?
                sigpic

Comment

1. Which song is associated with O'Brien and Ben Maxwell? I can hear the song in my head - something "about going to war" with a rather catchy and folksy melody. But I have no idea what the title is.

Spoiler:
                  I know this one. That is "Magic Carpet Ride"- which was played when they were taking off in the Rocket

Very good questions brother CF.

Comment

Great questions brother Fuzz!. I knew them both so I put them under a [spoiler tag] to let other's take a crack. I posted a YouTube Video of the song from question #1 (it's not from Star Trek but still a wonderful version) enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8LPiUQShvM

1. Which song is associated with O'Brien and Ben Maxwell? The song's melody is briefly heard as a flute in one of the ending montages for "What You Leave Behind"
                    Spoiler:
                    That would be the great Irish patriotic song "The Minstrel Boy" - Which Miles liked to sing when he was going to battle or if he was afraid. Great stuff!

Spoiler:
                    That would be the great and very appropriately titled "Magic Carpet Ride". We also got the great Roy Orbison diddie "Ooby Dooby" and a drunk Deanna Troi.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Thank you both. Indeed O'Brien's music is the old Irish folk tune The Minstrel Boy, one of my favorites. The Steppenwolf song was Magic Carpet Ride. I was going to include Roy Orbison but I figured he was too obvious. I have to say that Troi drunk was quite the highlight. She definitely had one of the best lines in the movie: "I don't have time to talk about time. I don't have the time."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Thank you both. Indeed O'Brien's music is the old Irish folk tune The Minstrel Boy, one of my favorites. The Steppenwolf song was Magic Carpet Ride. I was going to include Roy Orbison but I figured he was too obvious. I have to say that Troi drunk was quite the highlight. She definitely had one of the best lines in the movie: "I don't have time to talk about time. I don't have the time."
                        Great stuff brother Fuzz, and thanx for posting up some trivia questions, it's always appreciated!

I remember when First Contact came out, some of the old school Trekkies (as well as some Star Trek producers and writers) were up in arms that they used pop music in a Star Trek movie. Personally I loved it, especially the Roy Orbison tune. The TNG crew were quite musical.

NOTE: Check back tomorrow my friend. I have a Federation Starship related mini-Quiz all ready to go. I should have it posted by the afternoon.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I'm glad they decided to use songs like Moonlight Becomes You, Magic Carpet Ride, and Ooby Dooby for First Contact. I thought it helped show a transition period from the way humanity was (like the way we are now and in 2063) to what they will be come in the 2370s. By Cochrane's time, Steppenwolf and Roy Orbison would be considered oldies. There are even some radio stations who are now classifying 80s music as oldies.

I personally think of The Del Vikings, Ben E. King, the Big Bopper, or Buddy Holly when I think of oldies.

I'll definitely be checking back tomorrow for the Federation Starship quiz.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                            I personally think of The Del Vikings, Ben E. King, the Big Bopper, or Buddy Holly when I think of oldies.
                            I'm with you there brother Fuzz. I love Golden Oldies, I have ton of those Life CD's that have all the oldies from 1950's through about 1976, which I consider "oldies".
                            Originally posted by Cold Fuzz
                            I'll definitely be checking back tomorrow for the Federation Starship quiz.
                            I will be posting up a shiny new Federation Starship dedicated mini-Quiz this evening (Friday) when I get home from work.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              I'm with you there brother Fuzz. I love Golden Oldies, I have ton of those Life CD's that have all the oldies from 1950's through about 1976, which I consider "oldies".
                              I will be posting up a shiny new Federation Starship dedicated mini-Quiz this evening (Friday) when I get home from work.
                              My liking for oldies was always perplexing to other people since I'm considered "too young" to like oldies. But to me its hard to not like songs like Lollipop or Let the Good Times Roll.

I look forward to the quiz.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Federation Starship mini-Quiz

These questions are fairly difficult, so good luck. Please leave answers under a [spoiler tag], and I will post answers on Monday.

1) Riker most likely would have been killed if he accepted the Captaincy of which Starship ?

2) Data was scrutinized by his second in command when he once Captained which Starship ?

3) Which Federation Starship was named after a famous Dr. "I presume" ?

4) What Federation Starship was taken over after its Captain and First officer were brainwashed ?

5) What is the name of the Federation Hospital-ship we got a future glimpse of ?

6) What Federation Starship was once fitted with Trans-Warp engines and then refit with standard warp engines after they failed ?

7) What Federation Starship was once lost for 90 years only to be saved and put back into service ?
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X