No announcement yet.

Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River's reaction to hearing that was the first time the Doctor had kissed her kinda made me sad, it seemed to hit her pretty hard!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      River's reaction to hearing that was the first time the Doctor had kissed her kinda made me sad, it seemed to hit her pretty hard!
      she's edging closerr to 'silence in the library
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This was a pretty awesome episode... though the impatient part of me is screaming that I want closure NOW!

So... Amy is having some sort of quantum pregnancy... the bigger question to me isn't if the little girl is Amy's daughter but what is up with Amy's pregnancy. Put me firmly in the "it isn't The Doctor's child unless it was artificial" camp, because after this episode I really believe that Amy is truly in love with Rory and only see's The Doctor as a friend.

The little girl regenerated. My off the wall theory on that? It is a brief future regeneration of The Doctor himself. I don't really have anything to support that but it was the second thought that jumped into my mind after it could be Amy and Rory's child influenced by Rory's 2000's years waiting. I think some people who believe it is Amy's child are putting too much emphasis on the Amy aspect and not enough on the Rory aspect. I mean he still has, though buried, the memories of living for 2000 years- and I don't think that conversation with The Doctor about it was just thrown in there to fill time.

Rory is one of my favorite sci-fi characters right now, because he is seemingly just a normal guy. He isn't a soldier, or a super smart scientist, or anything like that. Just a guy along for the ride with the woman he loves and another guy he is starting to become a good friend with.

That said, I really think he is going to be the one that ultimately plays some big part in all of this.

Comment

I'm just going to throw this out there: what if Amy's pregnancy is a result of Silence meddling in order to create their own Time Lord?

Consider:
          • due to the nature of the Silence, the Doctor wouldn't have to remember any medical procedure
          • the Silence held Amy, in their homebrew TARDIS for some amount of time and we don't yet know why
          • the TARDIS was flashing between positive and negative....the TARDIS is also alive, and may be affected by the Silence in ways as yet unknown
          • the 'homemade' TARDIS in The Lodger last year wouldn't work until it had a proper pilot, vis a vis the Doctor, but then he was too much for it. Perhaps a Time Lord 'diluted' with human DNA would do the trick

This has been Wild Theory #23492
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm going to skip theorising. My head will hurt too much.

Awesome, awesome, episode was awesome, awesome.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I'm just going to throw this out there: what if Amy's pregnancy is a result of Silence meddling in order to create their own Time Lord?

Consider:
              • due to the nature of the Silence, the Doctor wouldn't have to remember any medical procedure
              • the Silence held Amy, in their homebrew TARDIS for some amount of time and we don't yet know why
              • the TARDIS was flashing between positive and negative....the TARDIS is also alive, and may be affected by the Silence in ways as yet unknown
              • the 'homemade' TARDIS in The Lodger last year wouldn't work until it had a proper pilot, vis a vis the Doctor, but then he was too much for it. Perhaps a Time Lord 'diluted' with human DNA would do the trick

I like your theory Digi. Here's a corollary to it: How about if the Silence mentally conditioned the little girl to kill the Doctor?
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the Silence because we still don't know why they were trying to destroy the entire universe in the S5 finale.

First, before I go into a bunch of theorizing, let me just say that I am SO happy about how they treated Rory's memories of 2,000 years. Because it allows him to have this weird character trait if he has the burden of remembering things every once in a while without having to completely redo his character because he is now a 2,000 year old man. If they'd just had him flat remember, I would have been complaining to no end because he would be a completely different character, wiser than any other human on the planet, certainly not your average joe hanging around a flat watching TV.

Like everyone else, my mind is blown, and as everyone pointed out there are a lot of unanswered questions, but let me try to put a few pieces together:

Theorizing

First of all, do the Silence have time-traveling abilities? I'm not sure we can make that assumption, and this is one of the most burning questions for me. I'm very confused about their technological ability. It was stated that they are parasites, and they needed to convince humans to go to the Moon just so they could gain the technology for a spacesuit, and yet they added all their own technology to make it a completely closed and self-sustaining unit--photosynthesis and everything. What? Could they really be capable of building their own Time Engine, or is that Lodger time engine something that they 'leeched' from another race?

Clearly the girl is very important to the Silence. As a Timelord, or at least someone with regeneration powers, could she be the one that they 'leech' the Lodger Tardis and time-travel technology from?

Clearly they were also interested in Amy, and said that she was part of their plans. I can see two theories regarding this, but I think #1 makes a lot more sense: 1) They were bringing to fruition in Amy this weird quantum pregnancy that evidently exists and doesn't exist at the same time according to Tardis sensors, or 2) After loosing the child, Amy was the next best thing for their purposes because of similar genetics?

Another clue that this episode gave us was the reveal that the Silence are capable of "post-hypnotic suggestion". I think most of us presumed in the Impossible Astronaut that, when the Silent told Amy to "tell the Doctor what he must know, and what he must never know" that he was talking about the older Doctor dying on the beach, and that Amy displaced that command to 'tell the Doctor' with the fact she was pregnant. Now, however, I believe that is exactly what the Silent wanted her to tell the Doctor.

Now given that in the White House restroom scene, the Silent didn't specifically didn't tell Amy to tell the Doctor that she was pregnant, than either they'd already impregnated her at that point (so back in 2011??) rather than when she was captured toward the end of the episode, if indeed the Silence are actually responsible for her pregnancy, or they'd already given her the post-hypnotic suggestion that she was pregnant even if she wasn't.

So, the bottom line:
                It seems like the Silence have been setting up and cultivating Amy's pregnancy and the raising of this little girl. Which makes sense--that's what they do: they manipulate other species for their own benefit. But why? Is it so that the child will advance their technology to the point where they can explode the Tardis? What is their 'Silence Will Fall' endgame and why would they want to destroy the universe?

On the completely ridiculous side, I like to think that the Silence are serving the Master and that the little girl is his reincarnation. Yes, you heard me. The Master is planning to be birthed from the Doctor's companion. I mean, "the sound of drums" and "silence will fall"? Too perfect.

......Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  I like your theory Digi. Here's a corollary to it: How about if the Silence mentally conditioned the little girl to kill the Doctor?
                  Not bad at all!
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just also want to point out, that the Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of the episode was a more modern Jeep. The Wagoneer is pretty accurate for 1969, but the Wrangler wasn't introduced until the 80's. I assume it was supposed to be a government issue Willy's of that era, but it was clearly a Jeep.

Doesn't really affect anything, and I'm not the type of person who is upset by unintentional anachronisms, but it was pretty obvious.

Comment

I take back my last post, apparently it was a modified CJ. Still out of place for a government vehicle.

Comment

Just occurred to me, and sorry if this has been suggested already, but could the little girl be River?

It's just that there was that whole scene in the opening episode where she says that the Doctor appeared to her when she was younger (but I know - it's a bit of a jump) and knew everything about her (next episode with the girl in, maybe?).

It only occurred to me when I remembered Moffat saying that River's identity would be revealed this series, I'm guessing all or most of it in episode 7 (before it retires until autumn).
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

the 'homemade' TARDIS in The Lodger last year wouldn't work until it had a proper pilot, vis a vis the Doctor, but then he was too much for it. Perhaps a Time Lord 'diluted' with human DNA would do the trick

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          Both excellent ideas. Early (ish) morning theory: maybe it isn't the genetic make-up that's the problem, but the knowledge and experience. The Doctor has nine hundred years of intense, varied memories that could cause some kind of overload, whereas the little girl would have substantially fewer, closer to a blank slate.

I really should let myself wake up properly before posting...
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                            ......Brilliant
                            Thanks! We'll see how it actually plays out.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking, too! Not too wild of a theory, in my opinion.

the TARDIS was flashing between positive and negative....the TARDIS is also alive, and may be affected by the Silence in ways as yet unknown
                            Neat idea! I have to say I am extremely amused by the idea of the TARDIS scanning the pregnancy, then forgetting it found Amy was pregnant the minute it stopped scanning, and then discovering it, and forgetting it, etc. LOL
                            Last edited by sparklegem; 30 April 2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Why does everyone think River is moving closer to the Library, each time we see her, from our perspective, she's moving further away from the Library...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                                Why does everyone think River is moving closer to the Library, each time we see her, from our perspective, she's moving further away from the Library...
                                Because she isn't dead. It's been established that every time the Doctor meets River, it's an earlier version of her, and vice versa. She's due to die in Forest of the Dead, something she's expecting and dreading because of what it means for the Doctor. Personally I don't think it is quite that simple, rather that their back to front time lines are more of a trend than an absolute, or else synchronising their diaries would be much simpler.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X