No announcement yet.

End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was Awesome! Just wish that it had been a 2 hour opener like it was for season one.

But, Wow! Loved the whole episode, it completely passed all my expectations in a minute. The transformation they had Ashley go through was incredible! But that doctor lady that was with her was seriously creeping me out. Cool how she heard Helen's voice and she woke up. I felt sorry for Ashley though when she started crying when she was being controlled.

Loved the darker Helen. She seemed to have way more edge to her, with good reason though. And loved her interactions with John, they seem to be spending a lot more time toegher.

Tesla was awesome once again. Love how he emptied Helen's entire wine cellar and then he wished that the wine affected him since John was there Also the little moment he had with Will and kept calling him "huggy bear" and "dr. expendable" It was so funny how naive Henry was with Kate, totally funny when she dropped the candy, the look on Henry's face was hilarious.

And did anyone see what appeared in Ashley's eye when the doctor lady first called out to her, it said "help me" i think. It kind of looked like Ashley.

This was an awesome beginning to season two. Next week needs to be here already!
    sigpic

Comment

the ep just ended. i don't have time to go into details (got to get up early for work), but the ep was WOW!!

well done, sanct ptb!!
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Awesome awesome awesome!!! I can't wait for the next episode. Funnily enough, I'm more excited about Sanctuary than SGU.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

i have to say great EP first time i have really felt for the characters i know they will get Ashley back at some point its just the nature of the show but as it stands right now it seems so hopeless.
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome, Awesome Episode.. the last 5 minutes was ace and Sad all in one go, i could really feel Helen's Anguish greatly played by Amanda.

5 stars XD
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Awesome season start!

My favorite moments were definitely the character scenes. Henry's confrontation with Bigfoot, Ashley's anguish when she couldn't attack Doc Psycho, the Helen/John angst (I wasn't asking you out on a date ), Helen's confrontation with Ashley (so powerful *applauds the amazing performance*).

Tesla was as brilliant as always, sarcastic, narcissistic, rude, and you gotta love him. I also liked the car chase sequence as well as the fight at the end. It was short but really well done. How Ashley started the attack, then teleported and executed the punch. *fangurls*

on the Martin Wood part.

For the not so great parts... I have no love for Kate Freemouth. One, I find her very irritating, and two she just doesn't strike me as real for the role. When she said she was a professional, my first thought was "Shouldn't you be in high school or something?" I hope she improves over time, I really do, but right now I'm just sorry that Helen wasn't the one to shoot her.
              Another thing I didn't like and hope to see less of (by less I mean none at all) is Will/Claire huggy-bear stuff. Just... ughhhhhh.... No. Seriously.

And something that isn't a gripe against the ep, but more of a personal preference, I wish Will would shut up once in a while and let Helen shoot people. Really. She can start with New Girl, then Doc Psycho, and then the sky is the limit.

All in all I'm really looking forward to ep 2.

p.s. If anyone wants them, over 300 screen caps

201 End of Nights part 1.zip
              sigpic

Comment

To be perfectly honest I was less them impressed. It was good and everthing but nothing wowed me and I think that is critical in a season premiere. It was just the team trying to catch up to the Cabal and one step behind mind you. The only part I was on the edge of my seat was when Druitt and Tesla were fighting Ashley.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The ep definitely left me wanting more. I can hardly wait til next week!

Kate... I can see the appeal, but Helen's reaction was perfect. Kate was being a smartass and they were talking about Helen's daughter's *life*. I guess I empathize too much. I didn't find it at all funny. Or that Henry would fall for that 'trick'. It was well-played and the words were funny, it just didn't 'feel' right to me. The stakes were too high. Helen had the right of it. I guess the whole 'destroying people's lives for profit and having no conscience about it - being flip about it... I don't like it. Maybe she'll get some depth. Maybe. I want to like her. I guess that's a start.

Loved the fight and Helen's reaction when John 'ported her out. Poor Helen.

The Crazy Doc...that was nutty and chilling. ( at bro-in-law's comment: "Must have had a sale on red hair dye.") She was every bit as creepy as the guy who experimented on Henry. Emilie did a really good job twitching in the water. When Ash woke up to 'hearing' Helen's voice.

at Tesla. Hope he has more to do. When he's there it would be nice to see him a bit more. Though they did a great job pulling all the hanging bits from Rev II forward.

Suse

Next week looks awesome!
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    So... you liked it?

When she said how they opened the gate and pushed her (Ashely) through. It rememined me of CoTG when Jack pushed Sam though the gate.
                    YES, YES, YES, YES! (LOL, what gave it away?! )

Oh, and I forgot about that part, but you're right, that's the first thing that I thought of as well.

I also liked how they used what looks like the same font from the original Stargate movie to show were each scene was taking place. "Giza, Egypt" looked especially familiar!

Oh! And one other bit I remember catching. I can't remember which scene it was in, but at one moment, you could very, very distinctly hear the three-chord progression in the music that was used very frequently in SG-1 scenes. (Me thinks that Joel Goldsmith has been reusing some scores! )
                    Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 10 October 2009, 11:35 AM.
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      Awesome season start!

My favorite moments were definitely the character scenes. Henry's confrontation with Bigfoot, Ashley's anguish when she couldn't attack Doc Psycho, the Helen/John angst (I wasn't asking you out on a date ), Helen's confrontation with Ashley (so powerful *applauds the amazing performance*).

p.s. If anyone wants them, over 300 screen caps

201 End of Nights part 1.zip
                      Haha, I loved this bit! Thanks for the screen caps!
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

can anyone say YAY to less green screen?!!! as much as i admire them for their hard work and ability to utilize for what they did not have, and i know it was a money issue, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE the realistic approach! makes it more real for me!

I also have to say that the emotion from ashley when she couldnt attack psycho doc was amazing!

Comment

that definetely was pretty special, though that does not look like any part of essex ive been to, but obviously it wasn't and i'm not expecting them to fly over here for not even a minute of tv

Comment

I loved Tesla *****ing about Biggy not taking the meds! So awesome LOL

John and Helen: I'm not asking for a date LOL

The wine line was perfect!

DarkHelen!

EU was great, specially the scene where she hears Helen and then at the end when she's having fun beating the crap out of daddy lol

Cant wait for the next ep. I was like NOOOO the ep is ending?! It ends on such a high note. And the trailer for the next ep! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH 1 WHOLE WEEK!

The Kate character can be cool, but in this ep the chick seemed a bit stiff. And the way Henry falls for it is really lame.

Comment

Great episode can't wait for next week. I liked the Martin Wood name drop just a pity we didn't get to meet this "Martin". So anyone want to guess out of the people at the end which one was "Martin"? The Jello mention in the infirmary was great.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                Wow. That was epic!!

One of the scenes I saw being filmed was in this ep! It was the one where they were in Henry's lab and he was talking about triangulating the signals. Ryan messed up that line a couple times. It was a mouth full.

Amanda was also in that leather outfit for part of the visit, so I assume that the other shot we saw filmed will be in the next episode. Too cool!
                                Wasn't it great to see that in a final form? Officially my favourite Sanctuary scene ever, just because we were there!

Thought it was a fabulous opener overall. I'm torn because I would have loved it to be 2 hours like the season 1 premiere and yet this way we can string out our 13 episodes a little longer.

Loved all the little inside things like the dual reference to Vancouver and Essex, having 3 Canadian locations mentioned, asking if it was Martin Wood's house (that one made me choke on my popcorn ), the jello reference, etc.

Thought everyone did a fabulous job. Loved AT's anger and anguish in particular. Poor EU, I can imagine filming those scenes in the tank must have been difficult. I thought she did a wonderful job overall. CH was great in his dual roles (loved the Helen/John scene in the moonlight). Loved RD as Will commenting on Helen's behaviour and RR did a lovely, touching turn with Bigfoot.

I also enjoyed the guest stars. I thought the Kate character was funny and it was particularly striking in contrast to everyone else's anguish in the ep. Loved Ms. Chula as the Cabal doctor. If I recall, she was honoured at the Leos this year for her acting (not for this role) and I can see why AT respects her so much. She was cheerfully creepy! And Tesla was fabulous again! Love his little off-the-cuff comments like "Dr. Expendable"!

Can't wait for episode 2!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X