Communication stones issues and glitches in Subversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    Since pretty early in SG-1. I'm not sure about the MRI thing, but I know that SG team members get checked for entry marks on the back of the neck and in the throat to ensure they don't have a snake. I wouldn't be surprised if the MRI thing was also established in cannon, I just can't remember for sure.
    we know the To'Kra go through the mouth, I could see the Goa'Uld having changed tactics just to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
      Spoiler:
      the reason telford keeps passing off memories is because in reality, he has a Goa'Uld in his head
      Spoiler:
      Or better yet, he is a deep cover Tokra spy within the Lucian Alliance.
      sigpic
      Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        Since pretty early in SG-1. I'm not sure about the MRI thing, but I know that SG team members get checked for entry marks on the back of the neck and in the throat to ensure they don't have a snake. I wouldn't be surprised if the MRI thing was also established in cannon, I just can't remember for sure.
        I know they undergo medical checks when returning from off-world missions, which I assume would include checks for puncture marks including on the neck and back of the throat, but I don't recall ever seeing any evidence that every team member undergoes a MRI after every off-world mission. Would seem to be a fairly laborious task that would be negated by a simple check for entry wounds/marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
          Agreed, Telford knows how to fight and Rush doesn't, put jackie chan in an average guys body and he will kick most peoples asses in the world, even though the average guy would get murdered if he tried on his own.
          I call BS on this. How many "average guys" do you know who can do the splits vertically without tearing every muscle in their groin, or bend over backwards matrix style without throwing their backs out? How many guys do you know who can produce similar hand or foot speeds as Chan or any other trained fighter?

Muscle memory and training play massive parts in fighting effectively, so while Telford may KNOW how to fight and would probably be quite lethal in his own body, he's in a soft, malnourished body, which is still recovering from surgery, if the blood stain on his white shirt is anything to go by.

Despite your assertion, just because you know how to fight effectively, it doesn't mean you can do it in any body given to you.

Comment

we know the To'Kra go through the mouth, I could see the Goa'Uld having changed tactics just to survive.
            They started checking for that after 'In the Line of Duty'. By throat I mean inside the mouth, brain fart, lolz.

I really don't see why they would have stopped checking for Goa'uld just cause of the System Lords downfall, there's still the matter of the Trust who would love to get a foothold in SGC or Homeworld Command.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
              I know they undergo medical checks when returning from off-world missions, which I assume would include checks for puncture marks including on the neck and back of the throat, but I don't recall ever seeing any evidence that every team member undergoes a MRI after every off-world mission. Would seem to be a fairly laborious task that would be negated by a simple check for entry wounds/marks.
              Either way it's extremely unlikely anyone would be able to come through the gate with a symbiote and get through screening.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                Spoiler:
                Or better yet, he is a deep cover Tokra spy within the Lucian Alliance.
                Spoiler:
                I top secret double spy that is also being used to keep tabs on the SGC

Comment

They started checking pretty much at the start of season 1, I believe it is discussed at the tail end of the 2nd episode. Even if they didn't check as much as they used to...they had a belief that Telford was working for the LA...think they wouldn't scan him then? The better question is why would a symbiont be working for the LA? We all know how instinct it is for them to want to rise in power...being a undercover underling to a bunch of humans...

Comment

The only way Telford could possibly have a Goa'uld is if he received it on Earth from the Trust, through the mouth (no visible scar) and has not been offworld since being implanted. So it is possible, but improbable.

Perfecto!

Comment

They started checking pretty much at the start of season 1, I believe it is discussed at the tail end of the 2nd episode. Even if they didn't check as much as they used to...they had a belief that Telford was working for the LA...think they wouldn't scan him then? The better question is why would a symbiont be working for the LA? We all know how instinct it is for them to want to rise in power...being a undercover underling to a bunch of humans...
                      Think about it, the most powerful organization in the universe outside of earth is the lucian alliance. So you get into both organizations with Telford, hedging your bets that you will advance in one group or another. Rather brilliant actually.

Comment

They started checking pretty much at the start of season 1, I believe it is discussed at the tail end of the 2nd episode.
                        As far as I know they MRI'd Kawalsky after it became clear that he'd been taken as a host but that was it. Don't recall MRIs ever being used as a standard after mission test.

Even if they didn't check as much as they used to...they had a belief that Telford was working for the LA...think they wouldn't scan him then? The better question is why would a symbiont be working for the LA? We all know how instinct it is for them to want to rise in power...being a undercover underling to a bunch of humans...
                        Except they didn't have that belief until Rush had swapped bodies with him and had started out on his plan to infiltrate the LA. So again I have to ask when you think they'd have had time to do these tests?

Comment

Given that Caldwell managed to get goa'ulded while in command of the Daedalus, I don't see such a big issue with Telford being taken over. I just don't think it's likely.

As for the accent thing - it is possible that Rush does do a convincing US accent, but seeing as we hear the loaner's voice rather than the voice coming out of the loanee's mouth, we'll probably never know whether this is, in fact, an issue.

It took me out of the moment briefly when "Telford" rushed Young (pardon the pun), but then I remembered that Rush put up a half decent fight in Justice. And Young was taken off guard. And deserved it
                          sigpic

Comment

Why would they have ever needed to check Caldwell? All of his missions were either to Pegasus or Earth, two places where there are no Goa'uld.

Krazeh - Telford would have been given a full medical work up after he came back from working undercover. You send a guy out with aliens for an extended period of time he gets back and you suspect he might have let 30 some odd people die in an attack he knew about and your telling me you don't give him a once over?

Comment

On the accent thing, I think we'd hear the loaner's voice not the accent. Anyone who heard me on St Patrick's Day would have thought I was Irish. Despite what I think is a fairly broad Australian accent, a lot of people think I'm English. If Rush playing Telford spoke in his Scottish accent then sounds like a daft thing to do.

Comment

That is exactly what I was saying, I believe you have misread my statement and are agreeing by disagreeing. The VOICE would be the body owners voice because speaking voice is mainly a trigger of the bodies natural muscle reflexes. The ACCENT would be the body "loaners" so to speak.
                                Your explaination is still too difficult for me to understand. So I'll just say this and tell me if it's the same or not.

My opinion of the voice/accent issue is that when Rush is in Telford's body, he speaks and sounds like Rush internally, then the technology translates using the host's body and original accent to outsiders making it identical to Telford. We have the technology right now to mimic someone else using software. The stone's version of this software would be more advanced and could be implanted subconsciously like a buffer in the host's brain to do the voice overs.

The technique is not in question, but the fact is, Rush's body is not trained to successfully perform military fighting maneuvers. I can understand with how short the fight was being understandable.
                                You're giving too much credit to the fight. There was nothing in there that required any particular exercise to create the perfect muscle. A punch, a knee, a roll on the ground followed by a punch. Any ordinary person could have pulled that off. No one was KO'ed so neither of them packed any power.

Comment

Working...
                                X