Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    The Doctor, now aged 1,103
    Just thought of something: how do we know the Doctor's age at Lake Silencio, because he "accidentally" mentioned it. Rule #1 folks, rule #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
      Just thought of something: how do we know the Doctor's age at Lake Silencio, because he "accidentally" mentioned it. Rule #1 folks, rule #1.
      Very good point. It's also possible that he wanted them to know how old he really is as a hint about what's going on. I'm sure the 1103-year-old Doctor has a plan so he wasn't too keen on revealing too much information to Amy & Rory so that he wouldn't unravel events.
      sigpic

Comment

Of course he's lying about his own age, the Doctor has no idea how old he truly is, he was claiming to be 900+ years old back in his 6th incarnation.
        sigpic
        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
          Of course he's lying about his own age, the Doctor has no idea how old he truly is, he was claiming to be 900+ years old back in his 6th incarnation.
          How can he not know how old he is?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            How can he not know how old he is?
            He's lost count.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Exactly, when you have lived hundreds if not thousands of years and spent centuries traveling through time it wouldn't be too hard to lose count.
              sigpic

Comment

Which is weird, because you would think that doing so would have caused the Doctor to regenerate.
                You'd think that, but why bother keeping to something so basic as all that regeneration energy causing a regeneration when they can pointless strip River of all her future regenerations. What makes it pointless, the fact we see River die in such a method that not even the Doctor would be able to regenerate.

So unless it's used as a future plot point (giving Doctor more regenerations, or used to explain his Lake Silencio survival) then it's just unnecessary drama.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                As they explained in the episode, the posion The Doctor had blocked is regenerations. River had to use up all her regenerations to break through the block.
                I don't remember that being mentioned at all.

As for the "problem" as you call it...explanations don't need to be in your face you know. Just a bit of common sense and some call back to past examples of regeneration as you have done are all that's needed.
                I know everything doesn't need to explained right off the bat but I can't help feel that explanations are going to be lost this season because it just seems to cooler to just do stuff like the TARDIS exploding and not explaining why. I know there is a few episodes left so I do hope for some sense of closure.

Seventh was writing in a journal at the start of the Doctor Who Movie which was dated 900 years. So unless it was a brand new journal starting at year 900 and the Doctor has went through 5 regenerations (including the one used to create his hand copy) within a 9 year period, it's unlikely he's that young.

sigpic

Comment

Well, we know that each of his bodies can live for hundreds of years, and that his original body "died" of old age so it stands to reason that he is much, much older than 900 years of age.
                  sigpic

Comment

He's lost count.
                    Remembering your age gets tricky even for some humans later in life, and even if the Doctor was nine hundred years old without being a time traveller he could be forgiven for getting the decade or even century of his age wrong. Now throw in that since he is a time traveller, he has to count every day he personally experiences because he can't exactly rely on the date or even time of wherever he's landed this week - and at nine hundred that is over three hundred thousand days.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Can I be honest without getting abused?

I thought this was a good episode, but could have been a whole lot better...

I stand by what my thoughts are on what the Doctor saw in his room. It was his alter ego the Valeyard, his darker self.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        Remembering your age gets tricky even for some humans later in life, and even if the Doctor was nine hundred years old without being a time traveller he could be forgiven for getting the decade or even century of his age wrong. Now throw in that since he is a time traveller, he has to count every day he personally experiences because he can't exactly rely on the date or even time of wherever he's landed this week - and at nine hundred that is over three hundred thousand days.
                        Yep. Especially with the Doctor having such a chaotic life and a lot more things to worry about (and no Romana travelling with him to remind him of his age) it's bound to get so bad he's gonna be 900 years old...again.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I just had a thought about a doppelganger Doctor.
                          Would it have regenerations?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Can I be honest without getting abused?

I thought this was a good episode, but could have been a whole lot better...

I stand by what my thoughts are on what the Doctor saw in his room. It was his alter ego the Valeyard, his darker self.
                            I doubt it would be the Valeyard,

The rooms were suposed to bring out everyones fears by breaking apart the thing they have the most faith in.
                            It isn't himself that the Doctor has the most faith in though. It's the TARDIS. I think the room showed him the TARDIS letting him down in some way. Or even being the cause of Universal destruction (that would certainly explain the cloister bell)
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              It isn't himself that the Doctor has the most faith in though. It's the TARDIS.
                              Having re-watched this episode today, this is one factor I'm surprised more people haven't raised - if the Doctor has a room it's because he has a "faith" on which to rely when his fear is presented. Now I know we deliberately weren't shown the subject of his fear, but did they elucidate what his faith is in?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                                Having re-watched this episode today, this is one factor I'm surprised more people haven't raised - if the Doctor has a room it's because he has a "faith" on which to rely when his fear is presented. Now I know we deliberately weren't shown the subject of his fear, but did they elucidate what his faith is in?
                                In The Curse of Fenric, whilst under attack by the vampire-like Haemovores that can only be driven off by faith, the Doctor recited the names of his companions. His faith is in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X