Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! I'm looking forward to a new podcast. Have been going through the old ones - again (especially now when I'm in bed ill they cheer me up). Apart from the "history" podcasts, the ones with philosophical topics are my favourite (Demolecularizing Your Soul, What Is Ascension?, Perceptions of Sci-Fi Fans)

Comment

I've been listening to these podcasts during my runs in the morning. Have to say that all you, three said about SGU was so TRUE!! You voiced my thoughts completely. Slow, plodding, lack of likeability, action, soapy... I agree with all. Also, the idea of doing all this in one season would have been awesome. I'm sorry it didn't go on as it really was getting good.

As for must see tv? For me, it was the last 3 years of Deep Space Nine. So now you know where I am .

Comment

Any chance we can get a new podcast for Christmas?! :-)

Comment

Probably not (nothing is recorded right now, due to traveling and the late-semester busyness) -- but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Now that the holiday break has arrived and life is calming down a bit (thankfully I'm not traveling for Christmas this year), we need to evaluate where things stand with the site and the podcast ...
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            (thankfully I'm not traveling for Christmas this year), we need to evaluate where things stand with the site and the podcast ...
            I don't read that statement with my positive glasses on....
            What are you saying? Maybe no more podcasts since maybe of little interests because no more new Stargate?

Comment

We need some hard hitting journalism! Need to cram these mics into the faces of the creators of stargate and get them to tell us more more more and force them into making a fourth series!

Comment

Originally posted by daxmaryrussel View Post
                I don't read that statement with my positive glasses on....
                What are you saying? Maybe no more podcasts since maybe of little interests because no more new Stargate?
                Nonono ... nothing like that. I've just had a really busy school semester and haven't had much time to give the site, so what needs to happen now is a plan for 2012 -- i.e. what sorts of content to focus on, what to podcast about, and how frequently. I'm also finishing my PhD thesis in the coming year, so it's actually somewhat fortuitous that we're in a season of Stargate history where we don't have new weekly episodes to keep up with. What little time I do have can be devoted to news and podcast and whatever else people want.

I will let you all know that we're in development on the next iteration of the site design, "GateWorld 2.5." It won't be a brand new design from the ground up, but a significant freshening of our current look and feel. It will also be entirely WordPress-driven, which will allow us to implement some new features down the road and will hopefully make the whole thing run more quickly and more stable.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

^^ sounds good to me, Darren!
                  Merry Christmas for you and your loved ones.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I hope you guys are able to post a podcast soon i mean the podcasts are the closest thing I get to anything stargate these days i need a dose or I might need to be admitted in to hospital

Comment

Hey guys, love the podcast. I think it would be an interesting idea to do some podcasts with individual characters from the 3 shows as the main discussion. For example one month we could talk about jack, the next month young ect. keep up the great work

Comment

I like that idea.

sigpic
                        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

I'd still love to see you guys do a series of podcasts covering the Stargate expanded universe. So much to talk about, video games, books, comics, rpg book, audio dramas. Heck you could do at least one show on everything that got canceled over the years! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by conorbourke View Post
                            Hey guys, love the podcast. I think it would be an interesting idea to do some podcasts with individual characters from the 3 shows as the main discussion. For example one month we could talk about jack, the next month young ect. keep up the great work
                            Sounds interesting
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi, a few month ago, I ask if it would be possible to have an interview with someone responsible of the SG franchise, to know their point of view on the end of SGU, etc.

I think you said you were working on it. Any news ?

Maybe it was done and I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Palomides View Post
                                Hi, a few month ago, I ask if it would be possible to have an interview with someone responsible of the SG franchise, to know their point of view on the end of SGU, etc.

I think you said you were working on it. Any news ?

Maybe it was done and I missed it.
                                -Hopes-

Comment

Working...
                                X