Closing Time (3212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
    GAH! Young people! I've been watching a few fan reviews of "Closing Time" and I am amazed at how many young fans think that the Cybermats were called "cyber rats" and that they are brand new characters. No sense of Who history.
    Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I think if I heard anyone calling them cyber-rats I'd kick them in the shins.
    Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, and then tell them that the pain they just felt must have been caused by CYBERMATS!
    Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

I haven't read the forums elsewhere, but yeah -- no sense of D.WHO history. Or, maybe they've just never seen any Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2) eppies yet.
    I think the biggest difference between the latest Cybermats and the ones during Tom Baker's era is that the teeth don't look like a cartoon of felt glued onto the mouth. Plus, they now light up red in their underspines like Cylons (of the newest BSG series). =)
    If I may speak on behalf of some of the 'newbies' to Dr Who, a simple mistake of calling them cyber-rats over cybermats isn't that bad when you consider that they look like rats and the woman at the shop referred to it as a mouse. And as for no sense of Who history- it's a very long history that has been changed around a tad over the years (thanks in part to RTD) and it can be very hard getting a hold of all of the old Who eps and finding time to watch them all.
    I know none of you were being rude or mean to us new-vians (whovians, new-vians... get it... oh ) and it's nice to have threads with people who have sene the old eps and can recall when old characters make appearances.
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

oops in all that I forgot to write a review lol. Great ep, I love the chemistry between Craig and the Doctor and now that Craig is a dad the humour level was so high it was hilarious. Stormy/Alfie was great but I kept thinking that he was going to have something to do with the cybermen, the way he kept talking about humans as peasants for example.

This was a great ep for Matt Smith because it really showed off his comedy and tragedy side and how quickly he can swap between them.
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Cybermat: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/ind...ducts_id=66667

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*takes breath*EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

I could never get that. My cat would attack it and it would scare the crap out of my dog.

sigpic

Comment

I'm new here...but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Has anyone noticed the changing jackets? All season long the Doctor has been switching between jackets...his normal one, and the western long coat. The long coat would seem to be the older doctor who is slated to die in Utah. Just like the ganger and the shoes...Moffat could be playing switcheroo between the doctors. Also...what if Kovarian isn't River, but Amy? The old Amy who hates the doctor? Somehow regenerated or altered in someway? Thus...Old Amy steals young Amy's daughter for the purpose of killing the man she hates for leaving her behind.

Also...what if the Doctor who dies is actually a Ganger? And what if that Ganger built the machine in last season's The Lodger?

Just things to think about.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
                I'm new here...but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Has anyone noticed the changing jackets? All season long the Doctor has been switching between jackets...his normal one, and the western long coat. The long coat would seem to be the older doctor who is slated to die in Utah. Just like the ganger and the shoes...Moffat could be playing switcheroo between the doctors. Also...what if Kovarian isn't River, but Amy? The old Amy who hates the doctor? Somehow regenerated or altered in someway? Thus...Old Amy steals young Amy's daughter for the purpose of killing the man she hates for leaving her behind.

Also...what if the Doctor who dies is actually a Ganger? And what if that Ganger built the machine in last season's The Lodger?

Thanks for your time.
                The events and underground architecture we saw in "Day of the Moon" pretty much indicate that the TARDIS-like machine we saw in "The Lodger" last season was likely something that belonged to the Silence.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I could never get that. My cat would attack it and it would scare the crap out of my dog.
                  Such is the order of animals. The cat attacks the Cybermat...the Cybermat scares the dog...the dog chases the cat...and the cycle repeats.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post

Thanks for your time.

i had been pondering the switcheroo of the two doctors and somehow that would allow for appearance of the Dr. dying in Utah and yet, the Dr. lives on.

something along Aslan in chronicles.

teehee!!
                    Last edited by aintright; 29 September 2011, 05:42 PM.
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!
                    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I've been thinking about how the universe was rebooted.. could a version of the Doctor have crossed over into the new universe? He did go through the crack in the wall.. ceasing to exist in that universe.. but things can't just disappear.. everything has to go somewhere

Comment

I've been wondering if they may not still be in the realm of the Dream Lord and that none of this is even happening.
                        sigpic
                        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          I've been thinking about how the universe was rebooted.. could a version of the Doctor have crossed over into the new universe? He did go through the crack in the wall.. ceasing to exist in that universe.. but things can't just disappear.. everything has to go somewhere
                          I think that if there were issues about how the universe was rebooted, they'd have dealt with them by now. But then again, with Moffat, I think he's got one final rabbit to pull out of his hat.

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                          I've been wondering if they may not still be in the realm of the Dream Lord and that none of this is even happening.
                          I doubt that. I don't think that Moffat would pull a Bob Newhart on us and write off the entire 6th season as a dream.
                          sigpic

Comment

I dunno, we didn't even meet the real Amy until half way through the series...

I see also they have a picture of the Doctor on the BBC site now with the eye patch... I still think that's a way to stop you forgetting the Silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              I dunno, we didn't even meet the real Amy until half way through the series...

I see also they have a picture of the Doctor on the BBC site now with the eye patch... I still think that's a way to stop you forgetting the Silence.
                              Actually, that's what I was thinking about the eye patch.
                              sigpic

Comment

Me as well. Not sure quite how they work, but it seems to make sense given the prequel clip, at least one trailer and the publicity shots we've seen.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X