Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    So the Silence is also a religious order. Bloody hell there's a lot of those about this series.......

A religious sect who believe that the Universe ends when a question is asked..

Well what if the question really is
    Spoiler:
    "what is the Doctor's name"

Why should he be more important then any other Timelord from Galifrey? I find that a bit egotistical to think he and only he could have such power over the whole universe where there were other Timelords who had done far more powerful things like Rassilon and such. And yet we know his name so why is there no drama when you mention the name Rassilon out loud?
    Yeah, Im more curious about The Silence now.
    I reckon that The Silence is controlling Kovarian and her army through post hypnotic suggestion, because they are kind of like a religious group, what with the popeal mainframe, and did the soldiers in the Angels episode have the same symbols on their gear?
    Im curious about this question too, I understand what you mean by the Doctors name. We know other Time Lords names but nothing has happened. Could be why he always refers to himself as just the Doctor...
    Who knows?

Comment

Question: what does the Doctor say nearly at the end when River is in the hospital bed? something like "First rule: the Doctor lies"?
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
        Question: what does the Doctor say nearly at the end when River is in the hospital bed? something like "First rule: the Doctor lies"?
        his exact words may be "Rule 1: the doctor lies" but essentially yes
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          He says "Rule one, The Doctor lies"
          Maybe hes lieing about his past too?
          Wonder what he means when he says that...

Argh, beaten to it! Darn you Stargatefan234

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Anyone got any ideas on the fish custard or tuxedo? The TARDIS voice interactive program pointed this out, as I thought it would have been a cure but he still died, so I'm wondering when that will be explained because bit strange that with 32 minutes left to live, he'd rush off to do something.
            Not sure about the fish custard, but looking at your quote made me wonder... Maybe he went off to get married to future-River? I mean it would be a good excuse as any for the tux...

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            In the Season 25 stories Remembrance of the Daleks and Silver Nemesis, there were hints that the Doctor was far more than just another Time Lord...that he might have had a bigger part to play in Gallifreyan history and also particularly during The Dark Times and The Time of Chaos.

If indeed the question is "Doctor who?" then the answers: the Doctor's secrets, his history and his very name might be terrible enough for him to want to keep as hidden and as buried as possible.
            So something other than the role he played in the Time War? (I haven't seen much of Classic Who, so sorry if that's coming out as an obvious answer. Mostly a good bit of Tom Baker's seasons.)

"Doctor who?" would give the title of the show an irony I'm sure Moffat wouldn't want to pass up on Also, the Doctor DID ask it when he came out of the TARDIS when crazy!River was about to kill him... I'm sure that's not a coincidence. Or, it would be an awfully large one.
            Call me Lucy!

Proud Teslen + River/Doctor + Janto + Peter/Olivia + Conby Shipper!

Sanctuary, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Fringe, Warehouse 13, and Primeval fangirl!

Please read my writing! Seeing what I had fun writing enjoyed by others is what makes my work worth it.
            ff.net||blog||figment

Comment

If The Silence is an order not a species, Kovarian could simply be a member of the order?

Would the Master know the Doctor's real name?

A name is important (c.f. "The Shakespeare Code"). The Doctor has gone to continual and expressive lengths to ensure he doesn't use his real name. Even to the extent of noting the importance of Rover knowing it.

But, since River knows it, the woman who "killed" the Doctor (and then ensured he got better ), doesn't that mean the most obvious "oldest question" HAS already been answered?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Yeah, Im more curious about The Silence now.
                I reckon that The Silence is controlling Kovarian and her army through post hypnotic suggestion, because they are kind of like a religious group, what with the popeal mainframe, and did the soldiers in the Angels episode have the same symbols on their gear?
                Im curious about this question too, I understand what you mean by the Doctors name. We know other Time Lords names but nothing has happened. Could be why he always refers to himself as just the Doctor...
                Who knows?
                Not all of them we don't, the outcasts/rebels such as The Doctor, The Master and The Rani's names are unknown as they gave them up and took on those titles when they rebelled. It's possible The Doctor's name is something powerful but he is not the only Time Lord whose name we do not know.
                sigpic

Comment

Still waiting to see the eppy (BBCA is a week later?). *sigh*

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  Okay, watched it again and got some of my thoughts in order now.
                  • Finally finding out that the person who taught River to fly the TARDIS while the Doctor was 'busy that day' was the TARDIS...brilliant and wonderful.
                  thank you! THANK YOU!! This confirms my suspicions from months and months ago. The only other entity besides the Doctor even nearly considered *the best* would be the TARDIS, from my understanding.

The reason why the Doctor never said anything prior, was probably because he was dumbfounded as to not living out that part of his future yet, thus he couldn't have known. And River does like her mysteries to stay unspoiled for the most part...

Comment

ok, the robot justice folks....they said that the doctor was a war criminal and that he stole a tardis.....but I thought his backstory was that he was a 'lone' survivor of a great war between timelords and the daleks....did they change that in canon? or could that be a result of someone mucking with the timeline.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

bbbc america is NOT a week behind. It's hours behind. Let's kill Hitler aired last night

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        ok, the robot justice folks....they said that the doctor was a war criminal and that he stole a tardis.....but I thought his backstory was that he was a 'lone' survivor of a great war between timelords and the daleks....did they change that in canon? or could that be a result of someone mucking with the timeline.
                        Actually, when it showed that piece of info on the screen inside Robo-Pond, it showed a picture of the TARDIS, not the Doctor and Not River/Melody.

That jumped out at me, i believe it showed the TARDIS and underneath was written STOLEN.

Do they consider the TARDIS as some sort of war criminal for something we have yet to see or do they hold the TARDIS responsible for something to do with Melodies part timelord birth circumstance?

Also, the Time-War is a myth among the higher species, it went completely unnoticed to the lesser races.

So they wouldnt have known of the Time-War and the Doctors past per se, just what Kovarian and the alliance called what they planned to put inside the Pandorica.

"An ageless and timeless thing" "One day it would appear and tear your world down"

etc etc

N.C

Comment

Actually, he is both. He started his adventures by stealing a Tardis (or being stolen by a Tardis according to her Either way, she referred to him as her thief) and our eye patch lady point out that the Doctor is a war criminal and they are in fact in war against him, hence the use of Melody against him.

But he is also the last survivor of the Time War.

So both are canon. This series though seems to be focusing more on the former's crimes than the latter's martyrdom.
                          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                          sigpic

Comment

That was an interesting episode.

I really liked each part and scene individually. However, as an episode, it almost felt like alot was cut and overall rushed.

Thoughts, predictions, etc.

1) Rivers and the Doctors, definitely not opposing linear. Timey whiney wibbly wobbley.

2) iirc, River did not go into archeology until after she earned her pardon (It was during the two part weeping angels episodes where I believe the Doctor addressed her as "Doctor Song" and she went "Oh? So I'm a Doctor? Spoilers!') and since this is the very first time they meet, and she pops up later on in the season (if not in the next season) then they meet again post hospital.

3) I read on another forum that what some thought he whispered to Melody, to tell "River" was "I just got back from marrying you". Which would explain so much, from her initial response "I'm sure she knows", the tuxedo, earlier conversations at Amy's and Rory's wedding, and the sudden change of mind for her to save him when she realizes she *is* River and asking if he is worth it.

4) I will say though, that would be the fastest wedding ever. Anyone actually time the screen time from the start of little Amelia saying 32 minutes left to live to the change of scenes, and then how long before he was saved after his tux appearance? Quick to get changed and married in about minutes maybe?

5) I love the fact of the flirting looks they give each other when trying to one-up another.

6) Rory had all the best lines in this episode. ignoring the much loved lines spoken to hitler, alot of his dialogue stood out to me rather than the rest of the cast.

Comment

what if the fish fingers and custard DID cure the doctor....but when he showed back up in the tux he'd been poisoned again?

sigpic

Comment

what if the fish fingers and custard DID cure the doctor....but when he showed back up in the tux he'd been poisoned again?
                                I think the fish fingers and custard thing was more of something to rally him. A memory back before he went wrong as he feels with Amelia. Amy used it as the thing to prove that he could trust them back at the beginning of the series when they met him after his death.
                                So to me its not so much the meal of fish fingers and custard itself that brought the Doctor back, but more the memory that went with it that kept him fighting on.
                                If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X