No announcement yet.

Ronon's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed Ronon's gun has substansially more power on "kill" than a p90 though. With good aim, its overall explosive force/heat I think would put it ahead of the p90's rapid firing.

Comment

i think he jumped a traveller
      *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
        i think he jumped a traveller
        agreed

Or travelers gave it to other people as they have indicated they have trading partners and ronan got it from them

Comment

yo yo yo i have the sound effect of ronan's gun loading up and of him shooting it.
          all you have to do is go to youtube and find videos of ronan shooting or loading up his gun.
          than go 2 http://www.downloadyoutubevideos.com/ and type the url address http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s&search_type= and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyy2n...eature=related.
          than download a program called flv to mp3 converter.

and also download wavepad so you can edit it

Comment

I am surprised that almost none of you actually know where his gun is from. He got it while he was on the run from the Wraith, and it is a gun made by the Travelers. They are one of the few known civilizations that are spacefaring and relatively advanced in that sense. It doesn't say where exactly or how exactly he got it, but it is the same as the Traveler's guns. He COULD of modified it a little bit, but even that is a completely unverified idea as well, since there hasnt been any episode in which a member of the Traveler's actually fires they're weapon. In Be All My Sins Remember'd, after Ronon, Teyla, "Todd" the wraith & Sheppard meet with the hive ships and negotiate a temporary "alliance", they run into Laryn's ship and when they come on board, the guards with Laryn have the exact same guns as Ronon; the same goes with any other episode featuring the travelers. I believe I have even seen it said officially on certain websites/blogs that they REALLY are the people that made Ronon's gun.

Like I said, he MAY have modified his own gun to some extent, since his has multiple setting's, different colors for different settings (opaque for stun, reddish orange for kill), not to mention he made the handle more comfortable

But overall: Ronon's gun = Traveler's technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Spl1988 View Post
              I am surprised that almost none of you actually know where his gun is from. He got it while he was on the run from the Wraith, and it is a gun made by the Travelers. They are one of the few known civilizations that are spacefaring and relatively advanced in that sense. It doesn't say where exactly or how exactly he got it, but it is the same as the Traveler's guns. He COULD of modified it a little bit, but even that is a completely unverified idea as well, since there hasnt been any episode in which a member of the Traveler's actually fires they're weapon. In Be All My Sins Remember'd, after Ronon, Teyla, "Todd" the wraith & Sheppard meet with the hive ships and negotiate a temporary "alliance", they run into Laryn's ship and when they come on board, the guards with Laryn have the exact same guns as Ronon; the same goes with any other episode featuring the travelers. I believe I have even seen it said officially on certain websites/blogs that they REALLY are the people that made Ronon's gun.

Like I said, he MAY have modified his own gun to some extent, since his has multiple setting's, different colors for different settings (opaque for stun, reddish orange for kill), not to mention he made the handle more comfortable

But overall: Ronon's gun = Traveler's technology.
              Yes and no. First of all, he said he doesn't understand science, so he didn't modify it himself.

Ronon's gun is better since his recharges itself. So that pretty much leaves one of two alternatives (that I've heard on here):

1.) He got his hands on an experimental upgrade of the gun that the Travelers were working on but have not mass produced.

2.) Both he and the Travelers got the technology from a more advanced third race. And the Travelers couldn't reproduce the tech as well.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

I'm forced to agree with the latter of the two possibilities. Remember, also that in Deadalus Variation there were those aliens who each had a similar type gun but it shot a green shot instead of a red shot. Perhaps in the actual reality, that race created them but were destroyed by the wraith 10,000ish years before the Atlantis Expedition. Since the travelers travel so much, they may have uncovered a cache of those weapons or a lab of some sort.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  Yes and no. First of all, he said he doesn't understand science, so he didn't modify it himself.

Ronon's gun is better since his recharges itself. So that pretty much leaves one of two alternatives (that I've heard on here):

1.) He got his hands on an experimental upgrade of the gun that the Travelers were working on but have not mass produced.

2.) Both he and the Travelers got the technology from a more advanced third race. And the Travelers couldn't reproduce the tech as well.
                  all valid points! Well said. Maybe they will clear this up before the end of season 5 or maybe in the movies?

Comment

Hi, I know this thread is very old but does anyone know where these can be found? Or any site recommendations as to who else might have them?

Thanks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                      Hi, I know this thread is very old but does anyone know where these can be found? Or any site recommendations as to who else might have them?

Thanks
                      You could just PM me hon

*huggles QH*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        You could just PM me hon

*huggles QH*
                        *faceplam* Oh gawd, I shoulda know...Super Lah to the rescue yet again!!!

Will do when I get home from work! *huggles back*

sigpic

Comment

As many people know already, Ronon's gun is an uber overpowered pulse laser pistol, that can kill or stun. Has anyone noticed that Ronon has never lost his gun ever nor has the power cell run out of juice. It seems likely that he would have lost that weapon a long time ago, considering all the times he has been caught by the wrath or other foes.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

I agree but what i think is the gun is not of his kind, as in the epidosed were he's taken back to his home planet. The weapons on his planet are some what of our kind just a bit more advanced and shot gunny. Meaning he must of got it when he was a runner.

The fact that the power cell never runs out is a mistory.
                            And for losing it he most have a tracker on it.
                            i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
                            i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
                            Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

Comment

Ronon's gun is possibly from Travelers. They use the same gun's and all other technologies are coloured in red.

Regarding the questions it's a plot whole if you ask me.

Comment

I'm still watching the Atlantis so i don't know about the traveler's so my info just came from what i now
                                i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
                                i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
                                Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

Comment

Working...
                                X