This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Smartest Race

Out of what you would call the main races Eg: Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld,wraith,ori,asgard,ancients and replecators etc.witch one is has the most advanced technology.
    The ori have better technology than the Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld and asgard hens the way they kicked our buts at the super gate. The ori and the ancients were once one race but the ori were more religious and the antcients were more scientific whitch split them apart so i recon the ori have less advanced technology then the ancients. Our technology is not as advanced as the wraith the wraith having technology as advanced as the ancients, and we can still give them a run for there money. So we should be able to give the ori a run for there money. but as you can see at the super gate we obviously don't. If im right the show ****ed up if im wrong (most likely am) were did i go wrong
    Supreme Commander Thor

the smartest race are the Ascended Beings. Then the Ancients and the Ori (Ancient/alterans were perhaps more advanced). The next ones are the Asgards, after them Wraith (they defeated the Ancients only because they were superior in numbers).

then the Nox, Furlings, Tollans

then goa'uld (Anubis was more advanced. And I believe he was advanced than Tollans).

we are more advanced than the jaffas (they are only soldiers who serve goa'uld)

but we now have the entire asgard knowledge. But it doesn't mean we are andvanced as the Asgard
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Humans have advanced faster then any other race, in 10 years we went from no idea about life outside earth to surpassing the Asgard. Thus i believe the humans are the smartest race.
      "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

humans are probably the best learners, but the smartest races are ancients and replicators, both ahead of the asgard, the ori are smart but dont use as much technology now than the ancients did thousands of years ago. and i sort of disqualify them and the ancients seeing as they are ascended anyway, so the replicators are smartest.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

I agree with g.o.d that the Asended beings are the race in terms of knowledge. In terms of technology I would say the replicators because they can change form to build whatever they need to get the task done.
          Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

well the acended have the most knowledge and understanding for the universe. I dont know if I would say that the replicators are smart I mean look how they fight they go stragiht at the enemy no tactical manuvers or something like that . The ancinets are the ones that are smartest (was smartes)
            sigpic

Comment

Much like g.o.d.:

- Ascended Beings
              - Alterans/Ancients/Lanteans
              - Ori
              - Asgard
              - Nox
              - Wraith
              - Tollan/Tok'ra
              - Tau'ri/Goa'uld (with the Asgard knowledge, we're at about this level. But we have no idea how to properly use any of this stuff, and most of this tech is hidden away from the general population. So I'd only rate us as high as the Goa'uld)
              - Jaffa
              - Replicators (They have no real intelligence save replication, and can only cause the damage they do due to their resistance to energy weapons and fast multiplication.)
              Last edited by s09119; 10 July 2007, 12:39 PM. Reason: "THEIR LEVEL" sounded like I meant the Asgard's.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Earth technology was given to them WE didnt make it therefore it doesnt really count

And the only time we surpassed the asgard was when they sucided and gave us all there tech

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
                  Earth technology was given to them WE didnt make it therefore it doesnt really count

And the only time we surpassed the asgard was when they sucided and gave us all there tech
                  but we understand it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                    but we understand it
                    Not really. We understand what we had before, but not ALL the Asgard technology in the database. Not even close.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Not really. We understand what we had before, but not ALL the Asgard technology in the database. Not even close.
                      I did not mean all the stuff we got in unending. I mean the things we already had before that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme_Commander_Thor View Post
                        Out of what you would call the main races Eg: Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld,wraith,ori,asgard,ancients and replecators etc.witch one is has the most advanced technology.
                        The ori have better technology than the Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld and asgard hens the way they kicked our buts at the super gate. The ori and the ancients were once one race but the ori were more religious and the antcients were more scientific whitch split them apart so i recon the ori have less advanced technology then the ancients. Our technology is not as advanced as the wraith the wraith having technology as advanced as the ancients, and we can still give them a run for there money. So we should be able to give the ori a run for there money. but as you can see at the super gate we obviously don't. If im right the show ****ed up if im wrong (most likely am) were did i go wrong
                        I would say the Ascended.

After that, I'd say the Replicators and Ancients at the #2 spot, here... since we're talking strictly technology.

4th would be the Asgard, and then the Ori in 5th and Wraith 6th, Goa'uld 7th, Tau'ri 8th and Jaffa last.

Reasoning:

The Ascended know most everything about everything in the 'lower' universe, and thus are capable of creating the most advanced stuff.

The Replicators and Ancients are both at the #2 spot, because they are both practically the same in terms of technology. They use the same types of materials to do the same types of stuff. Only difference being that the Replicators also have the innate ability to transform replicator blocks into anything they want, so they can more easily construct what they can conceive, but the technology is probably about the same or just slightly more advanced. So maybe Replicators #2 and Ancients #3?

Asgard is probably the clear #4 over the Ori and Wraith. Why? Because Asgard ships are more capable (see Unending, where just one Asgard laser gun took out a pair of Ori ships, and the Ori ships couldn't break through the shields very easily), and the Ori -- as in the followers, not the ascended -- get all their technology handed down to them via the ascended. Without that input, the followers of the Ori -- not the ascended ones -- are basically a medieval society, right? Hardly advanced on it's own.

Wraith are probably behind the Ori just because of all that the ascended have given the Ori followers, they can build stargates, supergates, big honkin' space ships, etc. The wraith can use the stargates and can make tough A.I.-like viruses, and make bigger honkin' space ships. But they haven't mastered galactic hyperdrives, they can't make it to other galaxies yet. And we don't know much else about their technology than that.

Goa'uld are about the level of the Wraith, they aren't as good at making viruses or making big honkin' ships, although Anubis did have a really badass mothership... and the major advancements they have are mostly one-time deals, when they find ancient technology lying around. Anubis was the only one to really re-create anything more advanced on a grand scale, and that's only because he was half-ascended.

Tau'ri and then Jaffa is pretty self-explanatory, and was already addressed.
                        "The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Stargate

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." - Voltaire

Comment

MAJOR RACES:
                          Ascended Beings
                          Alterans/Lantean
                          MW Replicators
                          Asurans
                          Asgard
                          MW Ori

Proof:
                          Ascended Beings, well I can't imagine many arguments.

Lanteans, well Alteran tech defeated the Replicators fairly easily. Nothing seen could take on a fully operational CityShip or Aurora.

MW Replicators, sure an Ori Cruiser or an O'Neill could vaporize a Replicator Warship, but in an all out War, neither would stand a chance.

Asurans, even if they could develop ARGs, they'd wind up as dead as the MW Replicators. Asurans don't Replicate. 7 bugs could take down the entire Asuran world. But a few of their CityShips & Auroras would take down the Asgard fleet in its prime.

Asgard, the Asgard's 2007 tech included time manipulation tech, shields that absorbed numerous Ori bombardments, and Beam tech that was 2nd only to the Lantean's. An O'Neill with the upgrades would be more than a match for a small fleet of Ori Battle Cruisers.

MW Ori have overpowered every MW superpower.
                          Last edited by Ripple in Space; 10 July 2007, 01:14 PM.
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

the white plant people > everyone else
                            sigpic
                            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                              the white plant people > everyone else
                              LOL "One False Step" for the win!

Comment

Working...
                              X