No announcement yet.

Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough. I thought it was an age issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Dislike--I find her exceedingly unpleasant. Treating Mulgrew as hot has the exact same ick factor for me as if someone said the same about, say, Margaret Thatcher. Nooooo thank you.
      You know what they say, Captain in the ready room, Captain in........I can't finish this If we're talking about Mulgrew's sex appeal, that's subjective. Each to their own. I think she was certainly attractive, but I wasn't attracted to her.

I do think she is a pretty talented actress. While I have (some) issues with the character, if they'd written her to the actor's abilities, then it's likely she would have been better liked. There's a clip on youtube (I'd link it but I don't recall the ep) where her reaction to an alien's weird facial actions is priceless. It wouldn't have been scripted, but it's the little touches like that that seperate the wheat from the chaff. I've not seen her in much since she the show ended, but I think she deserves more gigs.
      sigpic

Comment

All the Star Trek series are on Netflix. I found Janeway attractive, but I have a thing for older women anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          I've not seen her in much since she the show ended, but I think she deserves more gigs.
          I think for a while she was doing plays. It was good to see her appearing on Warehouse 13.

Comment

Kate Mulgrew will be in tonight's Warehouse 13 episode, An Evil Within and I don't how many more she will be in during Season 4 besides that one.

Day and Times:
            Mon 7/30 9:00pm-10:00pm Syfy
            Mon 7/30 11:02pm-12:02am Syfy
            Sat 8/4 1:00am-2:00am Syfy

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

i liked Kate Mulgrew as Janeway. i thought Voyager was a very underrated show and Janeway an underrated character and captain.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                Kate Mulgrew will be in tonight's Warehouse 13 episode, An Evil Within and I don't how many more she will be in during Season 4 besides that one.

Day and Times:
                Mon 7/30 9:00pm-10:00pm Syfy
                Mon 7/30 11:02pm-12:02am Syfy
                Sat 8/4 1:00am-2:00am Syfy
                It was good to see her make an appearance again.

Comment

It looks like Kate Mulgrew will be back for the 2nd of half of Season 4 of Warehouse 13 which returns April 29 on SYFY at 10pm EST:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/25/wa...-trailer-date/

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

A little reminder that Kate Mulgrew will be on tonight's Warehouse 13 which is also online on SYFY's website and Hulu too.

Comment

Janeway was one of my favorite characters on Voyager.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Janeway was one of my favorite characters on Voyager.
                        She was one of my top 7

Kidding. She's one of those characters that I liked at the time, but when I look back at how she was written, I can't help but *headdesk* every now and then. Regardless, there are eps where I look at what Mulgrew did and I can't help but admire her coz she did a hell of a job
                        sigpic

Comment

She's my favorite Captain. Yep I said it! Sure, she was written to be a little bit ... insane ... but I liked that about her. You knew what the other Captains would do in pretty much any given situation, but not Janeway - she was a loose cannon.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                            She's my favorite Captain. Yep I said it! Sure, she was written to be a little bit ... insane ... but I liked that about her. You knew what the other Captains would do in pretty much any given situation, but not Janeway - she was a loose cannon.
                            I think the only Captain you can compare her (the character) with is Sisko. Both of them had less 'restrictions' than the others. As for the 'loose cannon' thing - i think in part that was due to some of the writers not paying much attention to what had happened in previous seasons. Such as "Janeway reacted this way here....so this should mould her action here"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              I think the only Captain you can compare her (the character) with is Sisko. Both of them had less 'restrictions' than the others. As for the 'loose cannon' thing - i think in part that was due to some of the writers not paying much attention to what had happened in previous seasons. Such as "Janeway reacted this way here....so this should mould her action here"
                              Janeway was a bit inconsistent but not as much as Archer. In one episode he yells at Trip for helping a slave girl, when he has done similar things in other episodes.

I liked how Janeway treated her crew which was almost like family (at least the senior staff).
                              sigpic

Comment

Janeway is probably my fave Star Trek character. I don't remember being at all bothered by inconsistency - I think that I though that was just "her". What I loved was that she was The Captain !!

I really never thought that a woman captain could be so amazingly good !

Comment

Working...
                                X