No announcement yet.

Ji Yeon (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the whole episode is a doube red herring. We're meant to think that Jin survived and we're seeing his flash-forwards, only to learn that he died. Red herring. In fact, I think that move itself is a red herring.

You can't escape the date of death on the coffin: September 22, 2004. (What is the 1980 date on the left?!) That means he is NOT one of the Oceanic Six, and is in fact part of the island cover-up (everybody but 8 died in the crash).

Jin could in truth be alive or dead. He could have remained behind on the island (perhaps by choice, in order to get Sun off under still unknown circumstances). In that case, Sun is grieving the fact that they are apart and she may never see him again. Or he could have been killed at some point before Sun left, so that her grieving for him is about his death.

Remember, Boone probably has a grave marker saying "09-22-2004" as well. And he didn't die on that day.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      You can't escape the date of death on the coffin: September 22, 2004. (What is the 1980 date on the left?!) That means he is NOT one of the Oceanic Six, and is in fact part of the island cover-up (everybody but 8 died in the crash).
      The 1980 date is for Sun's date of birth. It must be a a place/marker where they would both be buried.

Comment

The writers have set things up nicely for them selves, they can either kill Jin and say "Hey, we prepared you all for this!" or they can keep him alive and say that it was all part of the cover up. My personal guess is that Jin is still alive but part of some bargain that got Sun of the island involves Jin never getting to leave, thus being as good as dead to Sun. I also thing that the grave scene was staged by Sun and Hurley in order to cover for Sun´s crying out for Jin.

I have to say that the flashbacks/flashforwards completely fooled me, so congratz to the writers there.

Micheal... I really hope he´s the one in the coffin, that guy just deserves an unattented funeral.

Comment

I hope that Jin doesn't die he is one of my favourite characters. But it is possible he does die but it would have to be on the island or the boat. As I cannot see Jin being the one in the coffin over in the States, nor can I see Jin not being there for his wife. So it either means he dies on the Island or he died when they got back. Now the one thing which made me wonder was the date on the grave stone it said the date the plane crashed, therefore Jin cannot have escaped the island. As if he died off the island that would have been the date on his grave, combined with the fact that he was one of the oceanic six...

So I suppose in retrospect he coudl be dead, in the sense he was in the one in the coffin and as such no one knew him and didn't come to the funeral. But Jack said he wasn't a friend and I think Jin would be classed as a friend to Jack after all they have been through a lot. So my best bet is that JIn never escaped the island but could be alive on the island with the rest of the survivors who didn't get off. Either that or he died trying to get Sun off the island but that too wouldn't make no sense due to the fact that it still wouldn't solve how SUn got off if he died.

Therefore my beleif is that Jin is alive, he isn't one of the oceanic six. Sun and Hurley are at the grave stone pretending that he's dead. Now there is another thing did they actually say he was dead?

I can't remember hearing either of them say that. Other than SUn saying I wish you were here now. Wish may refer to him still being on the island itself. So I don't think he died at all, my bet is that the final member of the oceanic six is none other than Rose. She has cancer, if not for the island she would be dead. She didn't go with Locke setting up a possible factor that she leaves the island. So she leaves, dies and is the one in the coffin which no one attends the funeral. That what I think anyway.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
            That is actually a question I have. Is the future we are shown set in stone?
            No, in fact I am certain the future will change. Because one we keep seeing in the future is they got off that island in very strange circumstances and were bribe, forces to keep their mouths shut.

In Desmond visions I square we sure Clare and gang getting on a very official looking rescue helicopters, and not the one the freighter crew has.

I think Desmond done something which change the future, and it that future that we are seeing at the moment. Of course the future cannot be change something(time traveling jack) will have to self correct the future and Desmond vision will happen as it been seen, think of all the future events as just red herrings, it will not be like that when the series ends, virtually guaranteed.

No down to the episode. Brilliant, the twist at the end court me off guard. And was nice. Sun moment at the grave was very heart warming, and if she would faking it then she did a bloody good job at.

I believe Jin is dead and was most likely killed by ben and syid. The simply reason he and sun would do all they could to rescue the remaining survivors on the island, possible using her dad company resources or hurley money if he still got it.

And given his job before arriving to the island was beating the **** out of people, I am sure he would not have no trouble gaining Intel to get back to the island and rescue his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Jin could in truth be alive or dead. He could have remained behind on the island (perhaps by choice, in order to get Sun off under still unknown circumstances). In that case, Sun is grieving the fact that they are apart and she may never see him again. Or he could have been killed at some point before Sun left, so that her grieving for him is about his death.

Remember, Boone probably has a grave marker saying "09-22-2004" as well. And he didn't die on that day.
              I think Jin is alive too. Why show the date on the coffin if he dies for real? Wasn't there a guy in both Jack's and Hurley's flash forward trying to get info on the rest of the survivors on the island?

Comment

Be very careful watching ads and even occasionally listening to producer's comments, for they can be misleading, particularly if they are preserving a twist at the end of an episode.

The tombstone is not necessarily the death of Jin. In fact, the date on the tombstone proves that Jin is NOT an Oceanic 6, his official 'death' is the same day of the plane crash.

Sun would've been just as devastated at Jin being left behind on the island, permanently seperated from him. After all, she did call out for him during the throes of her pregnancy, which makes more sense if he is alive out there. The Oceanic 6 are sticking like glue to the story that the other 68 survivors died, even amongst themselves, Kate noted that Jack almost sounded like he believed it.

If Jin is alive, it's an interesting parallel between the Sun/Hurley scene and Naomi's briefing by Abaddon (her boss) ; "what if i encounter the survivors?" "there were no survivors of Oceanic Flight 815" "yes but what if..."

Also, Aaron can NOT be an Oceanic 6 ; he doesn't fit into Jack's story of "8 of us survived the crash but 2 died" because he wasn't born yet on the day of the crash. Plus, officially the world doesn't know Aaron's true identity because it is widely believed that he is Kate's son.

It is highly unlikely that Ben has assumed a passenger's identity and thus is part of the Oceanic 6 because of the sheer amount of media attention on them. Then again, Ben is an excellent liar and he has the resources to pull it off (although i doubt he would give his enemies a way to reach him like that).

In all, it seems more likely that the last member of the Oceanic 6 has yet to be revealed.

More intriguing were the developments on the boat. I picked from the end of Season 3 that Michael would be on the freighter, but there was no way i ever expected him to be undercover. His flashbacks are going to be Awesome.

How odd that the girl threw herself overboard, wrapped in chains no less. I wonder if there's some significance to that.

Also very cool was that Grant Bowler is the Captain. A third Aussie at last !

Comment

many also claimed that boone sharon eko even nikki & paulo etc. were alive, or would be brought back to life or what not, and this never happened

folks just face it : jin's dead. I wish I were wrong, but from what's been shown so far imo there's hardly anything to suggest this. now since nothing's set in stone (those flash-forwards were one possible future) this may change, but technically he is dead, and he was the one in that coffin. it's that simple, really

I'd also hoped that Michael would be the one in the coffin btw

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    many also claimed that boone sharon eko even nikki & paulo etc. were alive, or would be brought back to life or what not, and this never happened

folks just face it : jin's dead. I wish I were wrong, but from what's been shown so far imo there's hardly anything to suggest this. now since nothing's set in stone (those flash-forwards were one possible future) this may change, but technically he is dead, and he was the one in that coffin. it's that simple, really

I'd also hoped that Michael would be the one in the coffin btw
                    Its not that simple at all, all it showed was a tombstone saying jin died when the plane crashed for all we know he couldnt get off the island and thats why sun is so upset, the tombstone would have been necessary to go along with the 'only 8 survived' story, i mean if hes stuck on the island and sun is back in korea he may aswel be dead as she cant see him or contact him and shes having a baby on her own.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      No, in fact I am certain the future will change. Because one we keep seeing in the future is they got off that island in very strange circumstances and were bribe, forces to keep their mouths shut.
                      That is the future. It will not change. They've stated this multiple times. More importantly the future you're seeing isn't the end of the series by a long shot.

Here's a very basic outline of the final 3 seasons that Damon Lindelof gave in a NY Post interview:
                      Spoiler:

"Season 4 is about who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about what happens when they get back."

Comment

yeaaaaaaah, those people have soooooo been known to tell the truth., no they have been so honest in the past , they been on the record admitting they lied about stuff, so their nothing that makes me want to believe them now.

Why have they bought in time travel and such if they not gonna used it in a meaningful way.

I still think their will be more plot twists and that the producer.

And if they did reveal that the future we seeing now is all faked and everything will change, it would take away the drama of seeing Sun cry. Whiles telling everyone it set in stone it keeps the drama their, even it they have to lie to maintain the surprise. you decided what they would do, because I was them I know what I would, I would be lieing to my teeth maintain that until the very end.

"Season 4 is about who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about what happens when they get back."

Their nothing in the above which says the future is set in stone. What if they need to get back to the island the change the past to make the future better for them all.

what ever happen their nothing in the above statement which would rule out that these flashforwards all meaning nothing through change in time line.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006
                          Its not that simple at all, all it showed was a tombstone saying jin died when the plane crashed for all we know he couldnt get off the island and thats why sun is so upset, the tombstone would have been necessary to go along with the 'only 8 survived' story, i mean if hes stuck on the island and sun is back in korea he may aswel be dead as she cant see him or contact him and shes having a baby on her own.
                          yeah well by the look on her face, hers certainly was no less than the expression of a grieving widow, unless she's a very good actor (the character I mean, not the actor :-)

Comment

i just watched this episode and i was like does jin die? i'm quite confused
                            i though the name of the baby girl was cute
                            sigpic
                            Class of 2004-2009!!

Comment

yeah well by the look on her face, hers certainly was no less than the expression of a grieving widow, unless she's a very good actor (the character I mean, not the actor :-)
                              she could be crying due to the fact that she quite possibly will never see the man she loves again if hes stuck on the island, hes as good as dead (if he isnt already that is)

Comment

folks just face it : jin's dead. I wish I were wrong, but from what's been shown so far imo there's hardly anything to suggest this.
                                Why does he have an official D.O.D. of 9-22-2004? He's "officially" dead, which means there isn't much more evidence that he's really dead than that the rest of the non-Oceanic 6 survivors are really dead back on the island. The only evidence is Sun crying, which I think is evenly balanced out by Sun calling out for him in the hospital.

now since nothing's set in stone (those flash-forwards were one possible future) this may change, but technically he is dead, and he was the one in that coffin. it's that simple, really
                                The flash-forwards are part of the story of LOST, just as much as the flash-backs are. It's not one possible future -- that's just not how this story is being told. If it were one possible future and the point of Seasons 4, 5, and 6 was to avert it, it would be pointless to tell those future stories.

There's absolutely nothing to indicate that Jin was in the coffin. The evidence is actually against it, since the guy is well-liked by everyone and already had a headstone in the ground by the time Ji Yeon was born -- probably long before Jack breaks down, grows a beard, and wants to go baack.
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X