stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    And yet in Xenogenesis by the same authors, he is absolutely well written. Easily one of my favorite portrayals of Rodney in the novels. But then again, I never liked Blood Ties anyway.
    What is Xenogenesis?

Originally posted by Hagazussa View Post
    Is not Blood Ties a earlier book than Xenogenesis? Perhaps it took the author a little time to get the feel for the character.
    About your theory ... I have all SG-1 and SGA-novels and I have to say that it could be a wise decision not to republish some of the older books. Especially "Siren Song" was absolutely horrible.

Don't know what this Xenogenesis could be, the complete list of Fandy-SGA-novels (in order of the date they were published) is:

1. Rising
    2. Reliquary
    3. The Chosen
    4. Halcyon
    5. Exogenesis
    6. Entanglement
    7. Casualties of War
    8. Blood Ties
    9. Mirror, Mirror
    10. Nightfall
    11. Angelus
    12. Dead End
    13. Hunt and Run
    14. Death Game
    15. Brimstone
    16. Homecoming
    17. The Lost

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I have not read Xenogenesis so I would not know anything about it, but I have heard the title before, however it might be a completely different series which have a book by that title for all I know.

Comment

Sorry, meant Exogenesis. Xenogenesis is a comic from the Aliens/vs/Predator franchise.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well I just finished Bromstone. Was a solid novel but didn't think it was particularly amazing. Characters were well written and it had some interesting ideas in the story and I like to see different sides of the Ancients but I didn't particularly like this version. Nice use of a short chapters, kept the novel moving. Didn't see the point in Cumby though. Don't know why he came on the mission as he served absolutely no purpose other than to dial the Gate at the end.

But yeah, was a good novel just not my favorite. Really looking forward to The Lost though.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone! I just thought I'd stop in and say hello.

Comment

How's life with Jo Graham?
              sigpic

Comment

Just received my copy of The Lost. Will start reading shortly.
                sigpic

Comment

How's life with Jo Graham?
                  Good! Right now I'm working on our SG-1 novel, Moebius Squared. The Lost just came out, so that's very exciting. I'm also working on revisions to The Avengers, so a lot going on!

Comment

Avengers is the last Legacy book, right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Avengers is the last Legacy book, right?
                      Here is the schedule per Fandy's website:

The STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy Series:

Book 1: Homecoming - October 2010
                      Book 2: The Lost - February 2011
                      Book 3: Allegiance - June 2011
                      Book 4: Avengers - October 2011
                      Book 5: The Secret - Spring 2012
                      Book 6: The Inheritors - Summer 2012

http://www.stargatenovels.com/

Comment

Thanks. I'd completely forgotten about those last 2. In wonder, Jo, in Avengers does... *The Lost spoiler*

Spoiler:
                        Does the Avenger have anything to do with the book?
                        sigpic

Comment

I have just finished The Lost. Once again, it's an extremely addictive novel and I had trouble putting it down. Flowed very well and was very easy to read. It felt right in every way, felt like it was a natural expansion of Stargate Atlantis.

Spoiler:
                          I'm very impressed that they didn't recover Rodney, that the Genii are being used more as I felt they were very underused and Sam coming back with the Hammond really made me smile. Also...is it me or was their insinuations John and Teyla had sex?

I also smiled and smirked quite a few times at some of the comments being made. In some ways I did still feel that The Lost was once again a setup novel but I can see why. Really enjoyed it and once again, am now eagerly awaiting the next novel.

I take it Legacy will be released one after the other but no breaks for stand alone novels? I'd really prefer it that way at the moment. And is everyone on schedule with them?
                          sigpic

Comment

I have just finished The Lost. Once again, it's an extremely addictive novel and I had trouble putting it down. Flowed very well and was very easy to read. It felt right in every way, felt like it was a natural expansion of Stargate Atlantis.
                            I totally agree. I purchased the ebook Saturday morning and finished it Sunday evening. I couldn't step away from it for long.

Spoiler:
                            I'm very impressed that they didn't recover Rodney, that the Genii are being used more as I felt they were very underused and Sam coming back with the Hammond really made me smile. Also...is it me or was their insinuations John and Teyla had sex?

The Lost Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            The whole situation with Rodney was very interesting! As for 'Quicksilver' I actually thought it was the wraith scientist from the 'Allies' episode that was recovered. I was excited when I read the first chapter because it led me to believe it was him. But the twist later on about his identity was a bit of a shocker. It made me '' a few times. I think something did happen between John and Teyla. I also thought the genii weren't as annoying in this book as in Homecoming. But I'm not really a fan of them anyway.
                            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                              I totally agree. I purchased the ebook Saturday morning and finished it Sunday evening. I couldn't step away from it for long.
                              It took me almost a week to read it because I tend to spend 20 minutes analyzing every 10 minutes of reading - almost paralysis by analysis.

Spoiler:

The underlying theme of 'worth' is/was fun to explore (i.e., self-identity and self-worth and relative worth to others), both for the in-story characters and how it applies to my own life.

I was thinking Quicksilver was that Wraith you mentioned too, partly because he was in Atlantis and partly because I didn't imagine the writers would dare! I didn't figure it out until page 95 and have never been so surprised reading a book before.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                                It took me almost a week to read it because I tend to spend 20 minutes analyzing every 10 minutes of reading - almost paralysis by analysis.

Spoiler:

The underlying theme of 'worth' is/was fun to explore (i.e., self-identity and self-worth and relative worth to others), both for the in-story characters and how it applies to my own life.

I was thinking Quicksilver was that Wraith you mentioned too, partly because he was in Atlantis and partly because I didn't imagine the writers would dare! I didn't figure it out until page 95 and have never been so surprised reading a book before.
                                Spoiler:
                                I squee'd in the first chapter. But later on I was like, 'hey! a wait a minute.' I'm trying to picture Quicksilver in my mind but I keep giggling!
                                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Working...
                                X