Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The season 1 BD release is just beautiful, nary a flaw in the print anywhere. Plus, it includes both the original version and the George Lucas'd version, so you can watch whichever version you're inclined to.
    That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The HD-DVD version did not come with both.

My only real annoyance is that I'll be done season 1 long before season 2 (never mind 3) ever hits shelves, so I'll be watching them in considerably crappier versions soon. And then back to BR for the films (got that the day it came out ), and then downgrading to my DVDs for TNG. Oh dear. Ha!
    Amazon still has it at the pre-order price (I think). I think I'll get it before they change their minds. Any word on when 2 & 3 would come out?

P.S. I'd be very careful about a BD TNG. See, they filmed that on tape rather than film, and tape is completely incapable of storing HD quality images or sound. That being said, they can do some WONDERFUL enhancements these days. I dislike Enterprise, but that show was filmed with HD cameras (pretty sure it was the only one), and should a BD of that be forthcoming, it would be the real McCoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
      That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The HD-DVD version did not come with both.
      Yep, I was pretty thrilled. I'm a bit of a purist, so I prefer the original versions, but it's nice to pop on a remastered every once in a while, even if (IMO) the CGI model they used for the Enterprise sucks.

Amazon still has it at the pre-order price (I think). I think I'll get it before they change their minds. Any word on when 2 & 3 would come out?
      I wish. Unfortunately, with season 1 and the TOS film collection having come out so recently, I doubt season 2 and 3 releases are forthcoming any time soon. There's not even rumours of release dates at this point, just nothing at all. They'll come I'm certain, just don't know when.

P.S. I'd be very careful about a BD TNG. See, they filmed that on tape rather than film, and tape is completely incapable of storing HD quality images or sound. That being said, they can do some WONDERFUL enhancements these days. I dislike Enterprise, but that show was filmed with HD cameras (pretty sure it was the only one), and should a BD of that be forthcoming, it would be the real McCoy.
      Not a problem....I'm not rebuying TNG

My Trek DVD collection is a bit patchwork. TOS season 1 on BD, seasons 2 and 3 were acquired....otherwise (just to tide me over till BD releases), TAS on DVD, TOS films on BD, TNG on DVD, no DS9 yet (still too expensive).

In any case, I'm not likely to rebuy what I already have on DVD on BD, is what I was getting at
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yep, I was pretty thrilled. I'm a bit of a purist, so I prefer the original versions, but it's nice to pop on a remastered every once in a while, even if (IMO) the CGI model they used for the Enterprise sucks.
        I LOVED the redone effects for "The Doomsday Machine," and "The Ultimate Computer." They do some cool tricks with the CG model, like the Okudas (a husband and wife pair that have worked with Star Trek since Star Trek IV, I believe) can be seen through the windows in some of the close up shots.

I wish. Unfortunately, with season 1 and the TOS film collection having come out so recently, I doubt season 2 and 3 releases are forthcoming any time soon. There's not even rumours of release dates at this point, just nothing at all. They'll come I'm certain, just don't know when.
        Only reason I ask is that there is an advertisement for Season 1 BD at the beginning of the BD movies, and at the very end of the promo, they show the season 2 and 3 BD box sets.

Not a problem....I'm not rebuying TNG

My Trek DVD collection is a bit patchwork. TOS season 1 on BD, seasons 2 and 3 were acquired....otherwise (just to tide me over till BD releases), TAS on DVD, TOS on BD, TNG on DVD, no DS9 yet (still too expensive).

In any case, I'm not likely to rebuy what I already have on DVD on BD, is what I was getting at
        Can totally understand. I hesitate to re-buy my HD-DVD set on BD, but should my player ever break, I'll be screwed!!! (not really, they have standard DVD on the other side of each disk)

Comment

I LOVED the redone effects for "The Doomsday Machine," and "The Ultimate Computer." They do some cool tricks with the CG model, like the Okudas (a husband and wife pair that have worked with Star Trek since Star Trek IV, I believe) can be seen through the windows in some of the close up shots.
          Yeah I've noticed little things like that, it's just that the Enterprise looks so terrible it really takes away from the immersion of it all. I think it's a combination of a bland CGI model, and that the CGI team got lazy with the shadowing--which looks just frickin awful.

Only reason I ask is that there is an advertisement for Season 1 BD at the beginning of the BD movies, and at the very end of the promo, they show the season 2 and 3 BD box sets.
          Yeah, there's a little paper card promo thingy in the Season 1 BD release with a picture of them too. No release there either =/

Can totally understand. I hesitate to re-buy my HD-DVD set on BD, but should my player ever break, I'll be screwed!!! (not really, they have standard DVD on the other side of each disk)
          Loud and clear.

I have a pretty sizable DVD collection....when I'm in the stores and see something that would be good on BD, a lot of the time I grab it and then think, "nah, I already have this on DVD".
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just got done watching Voyager Episode 34 - Death wish

Such a good episode, one of the best involving the Q. One of my favorites in the series.

It brings up so many ethical questions.

Comment

The Orginal Series "By Any Other Name"

TNG "Ethics"
              Last edited by AnnieS; 25 May 2009, 12:06 PM.
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I re-watched the "Lwaxana"-episodes I just loved her character when I was little
                Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Watched the TNG Series Finale, All Good Things...

"The Sky's The Limit."
                  sigpic
                  Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Star Trek TNG "The Outcast"

Star Trek DS9 "A Man Alone"
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I'm curious, which three have you not seen? I could tell you which ones I like best, if you're interested...
                      Actually 4.

Where Silence Has Lease
                      The Ensigns of Command
                      Allegiance
                      Phantasms

I'm not sure whether or not I want to watch 'Ensigns', but we'll see.
                      I basically watched 'all' of TNG as a kid when it first aired. Every week religiously I was watching an episode and, to this day, remember almost all of the ones I saw clearly. Reruns are such nostalgia to see how they live up to your golden childhood sci-fi memories, and most of the episodes still do stand up. The few I didn't watch were because I missed a Saturday or two a year over the course of 7 years of TNG. Once I get caught up on all of TNG, I'll hit the few episodes of DS9 and VOY I've never seen before.
                      As for your faves, fire away.
                      Last edited by nx01a; 26 May 2009, 02:16 PM.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I went to see the new Trek movie for the 8th time today. I'm going to see it at the IMAX tomorrow

Comment

...wow.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            ...wow.
                            ...I have a thing for Chris Pine

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              Actually 4.

Where Silence Has Lease
                              The Ensigns of Command
                              Allegiance
                              Phantasms

I'm not sure whether or not I want to watch 'Ensigns', but we'll see.
                              I basically watched 'all' of TNG as a kid when it first aired. Every week religiously I was watching an episode and, to this day, remember almost all of the ones I saw clearly. Reruns are such nostalgia to see how they live up to your golden childhood sci-fi memories, and most of the episodes still do stand up. The few I didn't watch were because I missed a Saturday or two a year over the course of 7 years of TNG. Once I get caught up on all of TNG, I'll hit the few episodes of DS9 and VOY I've never seen before.
                              As for your faves, fire away.
                              Hmmmmm...

Out of that list, I would have to say Ensigns of Command is the best. The A and B plots are both entertaining, tie in well together, and both have really good climaxes.

After that would be Allegiance or Phantasms. Last would definitely be Where Silence Has Lease. Aside from the appearance of the Yamato and some interesting Picard dialogue, I feel that one doesn't have much to offer.

Do you know the DS9 and VOY that you are missing?

Comment

I feel like I'm talking about gaps in my X-Men collection...
                                I have to go through the episode list and see which ones I've missed, but I know I missed the DS9 episode where Bashir prematurely aged... and the VOY episodes where The Doctor goes to see his creator, and the introduction of the Delta Fyler, respectively.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X