This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty please; no spoilers

After such a long wait, and avoiding spoilers as much as possible, I'd hate to logon this time next week to find out everything from 411 before I watch it on the 20th; I doubt I'm the only one! So pretty, pretty please to all our US friends, think of your poor delayed cousins across the pond
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Could probably watch it on Scifi.com later that night. Granted, it's not as high quality, but you wouldn't feel left out then.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
      Could probably watch it on Scifi.com later that night. Granted, it's not as high quality, but you wouldn't feel left out then.
      Nah, Sci Fi are a bunch of jerks who limit their online content to US-only.

Not that they're the only ones guilty of it (I'm looking at you, BBC), but still.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Nah, Sci Fi are a bunch of jerks who limit their online content to US-only.

Not that they're the only ones guilty of it (I'm looking at you, BBC), but still.
        that's not a big problem
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

It'll be up on hulu the next day but IIRC hulu is not available outside the United States. Oh well.

Comment

g.o.d. Stick it.

It's a big problem that your country is so isolationist that you refuse to accept that other countries even exist. The internet is for everyone and you have 2 major coporate groups trying to make it an American only place. So sory but it is actually a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
              g.o.d. Stick it.

It's a big problem that your country is so isolationist that you refuse to accept that other countries even exist. The internet is for everyone and you have 2 major coporate groups trying to make it an American only place. So sory but it is actually a big problem.
              I think you missed his point entirely. I took it that he was saying there are ways around it. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure that its a license agreement issue. They likely don't own the right to show the material outside of the USA.

Comment

God created the heavens and the earth in six days. On the seventh day he said "eff it, I'm going to download some teevee shows off of bittorrent for the next few millenia."
                I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                  g.o.d. Stick it.

I think you kind of missed his point bud, I certainly didn't take it that way. I'm pretty sure he meant it's not difficult to set up a proxy workaround for roadblocks erected by Sci Fi and the Beeb.

Chill out a little; cordial disagreement is one thing, telling another user to "stick it" is another entirely.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just a little pet peeve but saying "use a proxy" is about as useful as a doctor simply saying "use some medicine".

Good luck finding a fast, public proxy that'll allow streaming content.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I think you kind of missed his point bud, I certainly didn't take it that way. I'm pretty sure he meant it's not difficult to set up a proxy workaround for roadblocks erected by Sci Fi and the Beeb.

Chill out a little; cordial disagreement is one thing, telling another user to "stick it" is another entirely.
                      exactly, that was my point. I saw BSG webisodes on Scifi chanell website, on Amazon and some shows on Hulu. It's very easy
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

For entirely rational reasons, I will not be downloading this.

In general though, just ***spoiler*** your spoilers so everybody is happy

Note to all UK folk; the much talked about P2P monitoring>warning>prosecution is now in full effect with larger ISPs. I kid thee not, in all 100% seriousness, this is now happening. I further kid thee not when I say lists have been compiled with IP addresses, postal addresses, and what was downloaded. I can't say anymore sorry, other than to say one of my best mates works for a very well known ISP and has literally had their list in his hand. 100% no BS.

In fact, I might post this up elsewhere...

Comment

You uh don't have to download it to watch it. Like I said, it'll probably be available for streaming, which isn't illegal in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                            You uh don't have to download it to watch it. Like I said, it'll probably be available for streaming, which isn't illegal in the slightest.
                            Well that's not my reason for wanting to watch it on TV

Btw, stuff like TVU and SopCast is probably gonna be confirmed as illegal, as you're sharing content when you watch. Hulu etc is fine to watch here; for now!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                              Well that's not my reason for wanting to watch it on TV

Btw, stuff like TVU and SopCast is probably gonna be confirmed as illegal, as you're sharing content when you watch. Hulu etc is fine to watch here; for now!
                              No... you're just streaming a resource someone else is providing. The person who is providing it is the one who's doing something illegal.

Comment

Working...
                              X