No announcement yet.

Disappointed in Farscape so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 3 had this Tough Soldier Crichton that I enjoyed. The twinned episodes were pretty well done as well but Season 4 wasn't so good. I could pretend that the twinning never happened and Crichton just died in Season 3.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Aww what happened to the OP Was reading their thoughts about S2 and suddenly it ended.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydek View Post
        Aww what happened to the OP Was reading their thoughts about S2 and suddenly it ended.
        He's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to be missed.

I just finished season 4, so now I can talk about the entire series.

The first half of season 4 was my least favorite; and the 2nd half of season 4 was my favorite. I REALLY liked the "We are Screwed Trilogy" at the end. Fun stuff.

Sukoza and Norenti added a lot for me. At first, Norenti didn't do much, but then she wore on me. By the last episode, I absolutely adored her. Sukoza's brilliant mind (and smokin' hot body) more than replaced Zhann for me.

There were so many possibilities with the threat of an Earth attack looming. Too bad they rushed it.

I would give this show an 8 out of 10. It climbed a bit from my initial comments. I have a feeling I will enjoy this more the 2nd time around. Without having subtitles, I usually miss things on the first go, especially people speaking with accents.
        - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Scorpius plays a VERY large role in the coming seasons. Nerve and Hidden memory aren't even his best episodes, so you've got a lot to look forward to.

My only advice now would be don't let the beginning of season 2 drag your spirits down again. There's a couple potential duds in there very early on, but it gets absolutely awesome about midway through and the 3 parter near the end is probably some of the best episodes the show ever produced.
          BTW, you were spot on with your insight here. Scorpi made the show for me. He was an awesome antagonist and very creepy on many levels. I still can't believe my girl Sukoza was hot for him in the end. Yuk!

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            Have fun. Don't you think this thread needs a new name?
            It sure seems so!

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
              He's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to be missed.

I just finished season 4, so now I can talk about the entire series.

The first half of season 4 was my least favorite; and the 2nd half of season 4 was my favorite. I REALLY liked the "We are Screwed Trilogy" at the end. Fun stuff.

Sukoza and Norenti added a lot for me. At first, Norenti didn't do much, but then she wore on me. By the last episode, I absolutely adored her. Sukoza's brilliant mind (and smokin' hot body) more than replaced Zhann for me.

There were so many possibilities with the threat of an Earth attack looming. Too bad they rushed it.

I would give this show an 8 out of 10. It climbed a bit from my initial comments. I have a feeling I will enjoy this more the 2nd time around. Without having subtitles, I usually miss things on the first go, especially people speaking with accents.
              You're rewatching? But you haven't mentioned that you've watched the movie that wrapped up the series -- The Peacekeeper Wars.
              Last edited by RamonaThePest; 04 June 2012, 06:10 PM. Reason: ipad makes for typing errors
              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                You're rewatching? But you haven't mentioned that you've watched the movie that wrapped up the series -- The Peacekeeper Wars.
                Sorry for the confusion.....no, I'm not rewatching yet. you are right, I have to watch the Peacekeeper Wars first which I just got in the mail. I'll probably watch that this weekend.

Spoilers Alert********

It seemed to me the Scarrens were no longer a threat to attack Earth. In fact, it seemed like no one could now attack Earth thanks to the wormhole to Earth being destroyed. (I didn't know there was only one! hmmmm)

I guess the Peacekeepers are fighting someone though, so I guess it's probably Scarrens. I'm betting John and the gang side with the ......gulp.....Peacekeepers!

Let's see if I am right.

Comment

I've found that logic or continuity in storyline does not always apply with Farscape. Usually, that is a huge turnoff for me and would normally ruin a science fiction show/movie for me. But Farscape is just pure fun!

Comment

To me some of the story lines were rushed or seem to discontinue because I believe the writers and producers thought they had at least another season to wrap all of the major story arcs. When SyFy pulled the plug (without notice), especially when they had announced at least a season 5 (if not 6), it threw a wrench into the works. The PKW mini-series was great, and finished one major story arc, but so many others were left dangling.

I for the life of me will never understand why this series was not picked up by another network or production studio.

Comment

Well, I just finished the Peacekeeper Wars, and I must say - I loved that mini-series.

Spoilers******

I was bummed that my girl Sukoza was a traitor and bummed to see you know who was killed, but despite those two setbacks, the ending concept was FANTASTIC.

Aeryn was HUGE again in this show. Her acting was the finest, and I really have grown to appreciate those skills more and more. I am grateful for SCORPIUS for making this show interesting to me. When he took over being the main antagonist (replacing Craiss), the show took off for me.

I have a feeling the 2nd time I watch this show I will appreciate it even more.

BTW, did they ever mention what primitive planet the Sabaceans were taken from? I'm guessing Earth, but I don't recall them saying so.

Do you think JOTHEE hooks up with Chiana? Those two seemed much more of a match than D'Argo and C.

Comment

Claudia Black and Ben Browder are amazing actors. Check Ms. Black's performance in Stargate Continuum.

As to where the Sebaceans are from -- you have to watch 'The Peacekeeper Wars - far be it fom me to spoil it for you.

I am too skeeved out over Chiana doing both the dad and son to agree with you about her and Jothee, but i did feel like Dargo was too old and too good for Chiana. That doesn't mean I don't love Chiana but she needs a like-minded "swinging" partner. Dargo was destined for either heartache or a return to prison for killing someody over Chi.

Comment

You want to find out whether Farscape is for you?
                          Simple test: watch Crackers Don't Matter. If you hate it, Farscape isn't for you.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
                            Well, I just finished the Peacekeeper Wars, and I must say - I loved that mini-series.

Spoilers******

I was bummed that my girl Sukoza was a traitor and bummed to see you know who was killed, but despite those two setbacks, the ending concept was FANTASTIC.

Aeryn was HUGE again in this show. Her acting was the finest, and I really have grown to appreciate those skills more and more. I am grateful for SCORPIUS for making this show interesting to me. When he took over being the main antagonist (replacing Craiss), the show took off for me.

I have a feeling the 2nd time I watch this show I will appreciate it even more.

BTW, did they ever mention what primitive planet the Sabaceans were taken from? I'm guessing Earth, but I don't recall them saying so.

Do you think JOTHEE hooks up with Chiana? Those two seemed much more of a match than D'Argo and C.
                            It was Earth
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              It was Earth
                              Thanks, I thought so. What episode was that quoted from? I don't recall hearing Earth being mentioned in the PKW. If not there, where or what episode was that said? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                                You want to find out whether Farscape is for you?
                                Simple test: watch Crackers Don't Matter. If you hate it, Farscape isn't for you.
                                Interesting out of the 88 episodes you chose this one as the benchmark. Why so?

Comment

Working...
                                X