Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok series 6 my head wants to explode......Confused a bit.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the series gave us 2 options - the gangers, and the robot. Or Moffat's writing gave us a 3rd - some big reset button. (Ok, RTD gave us such history too).

The Teselectra was far from satisfying however. How did it appear to being regenerating... And, considering how wooden it had been in its previous appearances, it's hard to accept given the usual fluidity of the 11th Doctor in the scenes leading up to the shooting.

Fail, imo.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Well the series gave us 2 options - the gangers, and the robot. Or Moffat's writing gave us a 3rd - some big reset button. (Ok, RTD gave us such history too).

The Teselectra was far from satisfying however. How did it appear to being regenerating... And, considering how wooden it had been in its previous appearances, it's hard to accept given the usual fluidity of the 11th Doctor in the scenes leading up to the shooting.

Fail, imo.
      I hadn't thought of that...Did it show him "regenerating" the second time around? I don't remember...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        I hadn't thought of that...Did it show him "regenerating" the second time around? I don't remember...
        Even if it didn't (pretty sure it did though), the "second time around" was just a revisitation on the first time... it wasn't a different event... As in, the Doctor didn't go back in time and change the events, it was just that we witnessed them from a different perspective... Um... I think...

(I know the glowing pre-regenerative glow - and the fact the Teselectra shouldn't be able to mimick it, has been discussed elsewhere...)
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        and lots more!

Comment

i will admit i was slighty confused too but once i re watched evertyhing it all made sense. the only part that got me was the death scene
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Even if it didn't (pretty sure it did though), the "second time around" was just a revisitation on the first time... it wasn't a different event... As in, the Doctor didn't go back in time and change the events, it was just that we witnessed them from a different perspective... Um... I think...

(I know the glowing pre-regenerative glow - and the fact the Teselectra shouldn't be able to mimick it, has been discussed elsewhere...)

I think I missed that discussion... Would have loved to have joined in that one

The Tesselecta seems a rip off of the lame Eddie Murphy movie Meet Dave...... The movie had bad reviews so I never bothered to check it out.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Hang on how can episode 1 be the Tesselecta as well when it was the little girl inside the space suit that shoots the Doctor, In episode 1 a kid could not have drained the suits weapons system, and if the kid could escape the suit howcome River could not, as an adult wouldn't she be stronger then her kid self?

Comment

We only saw the girl in the suit in the warehouse, later...

For some reason, an adult River gets in the suit again, and is the one who shoots the Doctor...

(I say all this having only watched the finale 1 time... and the first (ImposAstro) maybe 2... so I'm happy to be overridden by someone who gives more of a damn )
                and lots more!

Comment

We only saw the girl in the suit in the warehouse, later...

For some reason, an adult River gets in the suit again, and is the one who shoots the Doctor...

(I say all this having only watched the finale 1 time... and the first (ImposAstro) maybe 2... so I'm happy to be overridden by someone who gives more of a damn )

Oh no you're fine... Just the whole kid in the suit, adult in the suit makes no sense if its grown up River that does the shooting. And I think kid River might have had help getting out of the suit. I doubt she did that all on her own. But alas we will never know.

Comment

Given that the Ponds exit screen left in 5 episodes, and this coming season is heading away from the whole Arc mess, I indeed don't think we will ever know...
                    and lots more!

Comment

Given that the Ponds exit screen left in 5 episodes, and this coming season is heading away from the whole Arc mess, I indeed don't think we will ever know...
                      Perhaps that's the magic
                      sigpic

Comment

Did you guys not watch the end of Closing Time?
                        It was made pretty clear that Madam Kovarian found River Song out of the suit then knocked her out and put her back into the suit to go to the beach and kill the Doctor...
                        Also, regarding the Tesselecta regenerating, it would be pretty easy to fake a light show like that, the suit probably had the ability to do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X