No announcement yet.

Revelations, Part 1 (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one that's gonna be henry's 'doctor'....like kratos said, he was in memento, he played Tarek Soloman, the leader of hte 'followers of horus' that remembered the planet's goa'uld laced past.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I can´t really describe what I think. I have only two brilliant scenes in my head - James and John, having so far the best dialogue on Sanctuary and Will´s scene with James and their talk about his skills and how Will´s skill was presented (also the best so far for me).

Peter Wingfield and Chris Heyerdahl were amazing

That´s all - I think this describes how great was this episode for me.

P.S. I hope that Ryan will be in Credits next year.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

So, before I give my thoughts about this weeks ep, I need to get something i need to do first:
        Dear guy who makes the promo's for Sci-Fi channel shows: Stop ruining the surprises. This is a problem you have on all the shows on Sci-Fi: "Guess what, Carson is alive and well and helping the team next week, so I guess they cure him in the first five minutes" and "Here's a shot of Sam with a metal arm, so I bet it's the Repli-Carter that Goa'uld captured" and now...
        Spoiler:
        Shots of Tesla would show that he is in next weeks episode too!
        I know it's your job to make us want to watch it, but could you save SOME surprises? (i better not find out who the last Cylon is by watcing an add for the next week's episode, buddy!)
        Sorry. It bothers me!
        So, great episode. Like the slowly expanding cast, hoping Watson isn't in the employ of the Cabal.
        Speaking of the Cabal, what is their deal? They spend time finding and enslaving Abnormals, and now they want to destroy them? And the method of destruction? A nicer version of the Rage virus from 28DL? Some of the dialog from next week's ep. (yeah, yeah, sometimes it helps...errr) seems to have Boss lady giving a 'human first' kinda speech you normally get in the X-men universe.
        So, while I'm riffing on Abnormals; did they become common knowledge again? The casual way Magnus and others discuss the attacks, makes it sound like it's just another segment of normal society, not "mutants" emerging from their hidey-holes to attack "normals". They almost make it sound like everyone knows they are there, like if this virus made left handed people attack righties.
        Lastly, the virus: "Lazuras"? Hmmm, the guy who came back from the dead. Most viruses that are named after him cause either: a) dead or dying people to regenerate/animate into healthy people; or b)cause dead people to seek out brains. Could this whole thing be a sham? I know some people on this forum think they are trying to get the vamps back, but I don't think they'd want another power-group to contend with.

Just some thoughts.
        C-ya next week!

Comment

Originally posted by tze View Post

I really enjoyed this episode but I have a screaming headache so I'm going to watch it again tomorrow when I can concentrate more, I missed some of the dialogue. There was a lot of exposition in this ep but it didn't seem slow to me. Lots of character bits and one liners
          i'm having some serious issues with not being able to understand their dialog. if i wasn't going to rewatch this ep for pleasure, i'd do it just to know half of what they said. and i think it's the scifi channel doing it, because i have a bit of probs with atlantis too (but more with sanctuary). it just comes off muffled.

so leaving the down note behind, i thought the ep was wicked!

as others have said, lots of set up dialog (which when i can understand it, was good), and lots of great scenes between the characters.

to whoever suggested a series about the adventures of 'the five', i'd SO watch that, but only if they chose the exact same actors we're seeing on sanct! (show title ideas: Helen's Five, or The Five, or ?... )

a few observations and/or questions -

i'd like to see some mother/daughter affection, as in physical forms of affection. that's the way my mom and i are together, so i'd like to see that with helen and ashley. especially when helen ok'ed ash and henry to go into the cabal fortress; that was a perfect opportunity to see helen and ashley hug.

what did helen say to watson just before she went into the observation room to help bigfoot? something about her blood helping to cure him? this was one of the scenes where i couldn't hear the dialog 100 percent.

i enjoyed this episode greatly and can't wait for part two!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            What do you think the chances are that Australia will get it?? Have you seen the line up for next this years new programs??? I'm not surprised but bitterly disappointed!

I haven't seen the new ep yet but if I had to make a guess on who could possibly be the mole in the Sanctuary then I would say it could be John or...and I have no idea why this popped up in my head...but what about Sophie? She was kinda psychic right? Maybe she can read what's happening there and relay it to the Cabal...willingly or not!
            Of course the other choice could be Tesla...maybe he and the Cabal are working together now to make the army of vampires a reality.

To the bolded part. If anything we will get it on the sci fi Channel on Austar in about 2 years.. by that time it will most likely be out on DVD and everyone who want's to watch it will already have. hence the lost of rating on the sci fi channel and the need for repetes for a whole year >_<

On the episode: I thought it ws a really good epsiode. am i the only one who thinks Helen has another "Power" and i think She and the rest of the five know what it is but she hasn't needed to use it... i dunno.

Ashley: "What's he doing here?!"
            John: "I am your father."
            Ashley: "Yeah well start acting like one, they don't kidnap their daughters when they want some quality time!"

heheh

Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

*dies of thunk* Oh Peter Wingfield... *fans self* Loved him as Methos, even loved him as Tanith, and now, Dr. Watson. It's that little smirk he has that is so endearing. *picks self off the floor* Ok, I'm sure there was more to this episode than him. LOL

Lots of fun to be had in this episode. I suspect that the Cabal wants the five to go after the blood so they can get their hands on it to enhance the virus thingy they made. They probably knew Druitt was poking around out there and would infect the Sanctuary thus forcing the five to act.

Oh, and I thought it was very interesting that the invisible man passed on his traits both to his daughter and granddaughter. That makes Ashley's genome very interesting. I can't help but wonder if she has more abilities than she knows or if Helen is keeping them in check somehow.

I hate two-parters! I want more now!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                what did helen say to watson just before she went into the observation room to help bigfoot? something about her blood helping to cure him? this was one of the scenes where i couldn't hear the dialog 100 percent.
                I think Helen said something like if she injected herself with Bigfoot's infected blood, then her body could spike in antigen production because of the source blood, and those antigens are what she thinks will cure Bigfoot.

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                On the episode: I thought it ws a really good epsiode. am i the only one who thinks Helen has another "Power" and i think She and the rest of the five know what it is but she hasn't needed to use it... i dunno.
                That's an interested thought, I wonder if the tests in the labyrinth will reveal a power Helen may not even be aware she has, since right now I think she, Watson and Druitt believe she was only given longevity.

I can see ways to test Druitt's teleportation, Watson's mind/deductive abilities, Tesla's command of electricity, and Griffin's invisibility. But as Will pointed out, longevity is a kinda hard thing to test for except for still being around to be tested.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  I think Helen said something like if she injected herself with Bigfoot's infected blood, then her body could spike in antigen production because of the source blood, and those antigens are what she thinks will cure Bigfoot.

That's an interested thought, I wonder if the tests in the labyrinth will reveal a power Helen may not even be aware she has, since right now I think she, Watson and Druitt believe she was only given longevity.

I can see ways to test Druitt's teleportation, Watson's mind/deductive abilities, Tesla's command of electricity, and Griffin's invisibility. But as Will pointed out, longevity is a kinda hard thing to test for except for still being around to be tested.

Exactly! Thats what I thought. Also from the looks in that scene I think they know something about a possible other Power for Helen.

o0o0o0o0!!
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    ashley and henry getting caught was very predicitble
                    i think that was the biggest down part, them making a silly decision to facilitate the plot for part 2
                    I agree...and what's even worse is that you could almost see that Helen didn't want them to do this and yet she allowed them to go...surely Helen should have known better.
                    Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                    I'm hoping it's not Watson either, but I'm thinking that it's the invisible girl. She allowed herself to be caught by Druitt and Will. I'll even take a guess and say that her mother isn't dead either.
                    I will so be totally peeved if they make Watson into the bad dude.
                    I was thinking that maybe it's not the invisible girl, Clara, but her mother or grandfather perhaps?!
                    *whats scary is that before I saw the ep Nubbins, I had this name going through my head...Sophie...and then she popped up in Sanctuary. Then there was another name...to which I told my daughter and said that if it pops up on Sanctuary then I shall scream...well it was close...real close...the name that kept bouncing around in my head was Clare...not Clara but that's just too freaky...here's a though...maybe the concept of abnormals isn't so far fetched! *
                    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    a few observations and/or questions -

i'd like to see some mother/daughter affection, as in physical forms of affection. that's the way my mom and i are together, so i'd like to see that with helen and ashley. especially when helen ok'ed ash and henry to go into the cabal fortress; that was a perfect opportunity to see helen and ashley hug.
                    sally
                    I couldn't agree with you more...wasted opportunity there for some real mother/daughter relationship development. I was waiting for it but dang it...it just fizzled!
                    I really wish they had gone that route...that would have been awesome to watch. I wonder if that's what they end up doing in the end anyway.

I'm confused over the longevity thing...ok so Helen has the longevity and gave it to Druitt when she shared her blood with him. Tesla lives long because of his vampirism...Griffin is supposedly dead...but with scifi who knows if this is to be true...but what about Watson. He looks fabulous for a guy of 160. And if it has something to do with hjis stuff he wears, woud that explain his youthful-ish looks!?
                    Ooh...and I wonder what Ashley has? Helen did mention something along the lines of Ashely being at risk "in theory"...so I wonder!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

*comes in late in the discussion*

My "thoughts" about the episode

I totally loved this episode...certainly about getting the five back together..sadly enough that wasn't entirely possible. I do love it when John just comes to Helens sanctuary and knocks on the door...

It's cool to see him, in a way, friendly. I like the change and I hope this has future romance between him and Helen
                      A few minutes later I loved the banter between Ashley/John and all because he's her father...it totally made me giggle!

Then later on when Will is sitting together with John and Watson...and he's like..."so cool I'm sitting with John the ripper and Sherlock Holmes on the couch...talking" I found it very cool as well. I love the history of this series! I'm missing that now with SGA...while SG1 had tihs awesome mythology as well

Then later on when they are going to find that daughter of Griffin, I kind of find it a weird scene, but I understand...I do hope she will be a good help and not just an annoying teen or so...

I hate it that bigfoot got sick, I sure hope they don't kill him off, that would be horrible...I like the cast as it is now! I don't want too many changes to it in S2......but we just have to wait till next week to find out...

As for the Kabal, I really like their sneaky evilness! They are a good enemy, but I sure hope that the people from the Sanctuary win this...and that the abnormals will be save for the time being.

I know I still haven't touched/talked about lots of subjects...but these ones I found the most prominent in the episode.I can't wait till next week, this was a good "set-up" episode...let everything come to a conclusion next week...a happy conclusion hopefully!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more...wasted opportunity there for some real mother/daughter relationship development. I was waiting for it but dang it...it just fizzled!
                        I thought the scene between Helen and Ashley worked really well, even if there was no hug, especially with the looks they share after Helen just says 'Ashley'. I think their relationship is still kinda tense because of Druitt, and here he walks back into their lives talking about doomsday and there's again no time for Helen to talk to Ashley about her father.

Instead she has to send her into harm's way again, and this time Ashley doesn't leave with a peck on the cheek and a quip for her mom, but I think with a seriousness like she has something to prove. I think this was a moment where Helen couldn't treat Ashley like a daughter, hence no hug, but like a soldier under her command, and I think the pain on her face when Ashley leaves speaks to how much it hurts her to do that, especially with so much still unresolved between them.

That being said, I'd love to see a hug between them when they're reunited, whether Helen rescues Ashley or maybe Ashley saves Helen.

I really wish they had gone that route...that would have been awesome to watch. I wonder if that's what they end up doing in the end anyway.
                        I think that is why they're going after the source blood, so they can get the antigens more efficiently rather than relying on the small amounts The Five have in their blood.

sigpic

Comment

I thought the scene between Helen and Ashley worked really well, even if there was no hug, especially with the looks they share after Helen just says 'Ashley'. I think their relationship is still kinda tense because of Druitt, and here he walks back into their lives talking about doomsday and there's again no time for Helen to talk to Ashley about her father.

Instead she has to send her into harm's way again, and this time Ashley doesn't leave with a peck on the cheek and a quip for her mom, but I think with a seriousness like she has something to prove. I think this was a moment where Helen couldn't treat Ashley like a daughter, hence no hug, but like a soldier under her command, and I think the pain on her face when Ashley leaves speaks to how much it hurts her to do that, especially with so much still unresolved between them.

That being said, I'd love to see a hug between them when they're reunited, whether Helen rescues Ashley or maybe Ashley saves Helen.
                          That's kind of what I was thinking--but you said it better than I would have.
                          But I do think there needs to be a hug in the end.

on a side note--I can't believe I didn't recognize "Tanith"--I knew I knew the actor but from where? Bad SG1 fan.

Comment

Ok question for the brits...

During the autopsy Helen Says:
                            "Body is that of a male abnormal, odobenus rosmarus sapien. A genetic mélange of human and walrus."

and Watson replys:
                            "Koo-koo-ka-choo"

Now... funny..not funny haha but funny smirk.

But I was watching a poker tournamment (dont ask) and the presenters are brits. One makes a joke, coincidently about a walrus (but as a nickname cos the guys nome was Whalroos), and the other responds: "Koo-koo-ka-choo!"

So does that have a "meaning"?

Edit:
                            Ok I got it its a Beatles song LOL

Comment

*whats scary is that before I saw the ep Nubbins, I had this name going through my head...Sophie...and then she popped up in Sanctuary. Then there was another name...to which I told my daughter and said that if it pops up on Sanctuary then I shall scream...well it was close...real close...the name that kept bouncing around in my head was Clare...not Clara but that's just too freaky...here's a though...maybe the concept of abnormals isn't so far fetched! *
                              Got any feelings on the lottery numbers?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                That's kind of what I was thinking--but you said it better than I would have.
                                But I do think there needs to be a hug in the end.

on a side note--I can't believe I didn't recognize "Tanith"--I knew I knew the actor but from where? Bad SG1 fan
                                Not that bad. I had to read your comment a couple of times before I understood it...and remembered Tanith again.

I thought he was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X