Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    Do you think i was pissing on my fence for kicks?

Loved Grimm!!! This and Person of Interest are my only new shows that I liked so far this fall!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      This could even be better than Once upon a Time. OUAT got me confused as to what the Woman is supposed to do about the curse on Storybrooke, so as a Pilot it failed me.

Blutbad was a nice change to the regular Werewolf. I just hope they wont use the German Names all the time, eventough they pronounce it right, it still goes on my nerve using a German term in the middle of a English conversation. As if it would have been that much of a difference if they translated it to Bloodbath.
      I'm tending towards your way of thinking with regards to OUAT. The jury is still out for me with that, even after the second episode, whereas I'm looking forward to this weeks episode of Grimm!

Foreign names in English shows and movies always make things sound more evil, enigmatic or exotic! What would Sci Fi be without Zarg or Zod for instance?!!!! We'll probably end up with more Grimm related German words in the show as a result I'm guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        I'm tending towards your way of thinking with regards to OUAT. The jury is still out for me with that, even after the second episode, whereas I'm looking forward to this weeks episode of Grimm!

Foreign names in English shows and movies always make things sound more evil, enigmatic or exotic! What would Sci Fi be without Zarg or Zod for instance?!!!! We'll probably end up with more Grimm related German words in the show as a result I'm guessing.
        Now after reading this, it actually sounds better.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I am really liking this series! It looks really promising and I am anxious to see what this show has to offer!!
          sigpic

Comment

Saw the first episode yesterday, looks like its going to be a pretty decent series.
            Cant wait to see more.
            sigpic

Comment

I had DVRed the pilot and watched it last night. I'm on the fence, but I'll definitely watch more. I have to admit that I've sort of ODed on serial killers/horrific murders/child abductions via watching too many episodes of "Criminal Minds", and the first half of the pilot felt very much like that to me.

But the second half was better, the not-so-big-not-so-bad wolf was a nice twist, and the main character and his cop partner were both engaging.

So far I like OUAT better, but that is a very different creature - apart from using fairy tales as source material, they really are completely different shows.

At least there are 2 new shows for me to try out!
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Mmmmmm. They were eating Voodoo donuts. Yummy!!!

That would explain why girlfriend isn't in the show much. She's standing in this line waiting for donuts.

Comment

Was good to see that not so bad wolf is back. Doing Pilates
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                    Was good to see that not so bad wolf is back. Doing Pilates
                    Definitely!!! I really like that character, he's so wonderfully 'normal' LOL!!!

I do like this show! The inventive take on 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' was great! I also like the fact that not all the 'monsters' are evil and that Nick is tasked to "kill the bad ones."

Currie Graham who played 'Papa Bear' was the bad guy in 'The Ark of Truth' who turned into the 'Terminator Replicator'! At least he was one of the good 'monsters' this time round!

Comment

Saw the first 20 minutes of Grimm online and was not impressed at all. Couldn't get interested in the characters and it just seemed like another dark sci-fi/fantasy take on the whole crime drama genre. OUAT is a much more fresh take IMO and while yes, we don't know what it is that Emma has to do to stop the curse yet, did we know everything about Lost or Battlestar Galactica from episode 1?
                      That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                        Saw the first 20 minutes of Grimm online and was not impressed at all. Couldn't get interested in the characters and it just seemed like another dark sci-fi/fantasy take on the whole crime drama genre. OUAT is a much more fresh take IMO and while yes, we don't know what it is that Emma has to do to stop the curse yet, did we know everything about Lost or Battlestar Galactica from episode 1?
                        Somehow I tend towards OUAT myself by now and completly agree with you that this is kind of a Fantasy Cop Series.

On Emma, I think it is so obvious that nobody considers it. Henry repeated dozens of times that she will bring back the happy endings and I think that is exactly what she needs to do. Like reuniting Gepetto and Pinochio for example, after all her Job is finding People.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

QUAT?

Anyway, Episode 2 was average. Seems we are going to learn things at a very slow pace, which i don't like. Cant see this show lasting very long IMO.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vashta_Nerada View Post
                            QUAT?

Anyway, Episode 2 was average. Seems we are going to learn things at a very slow pace, which i don't like. Cant see this show lasting very long IMO.
                            OUAT = Once Upon a Time (TV Series)
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

OH its a O, Thanks that makes sense now
                              sigpic

Comment

I Dvrd the first two, and it is ok so far. I hope they give the girlfriend more to do or have her move on, but I liked the wolf with the Pilates.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X