No announcement yet.

Pretense (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Skaara, The Nox, and the Tollan are back, 3 of our allies, one of whom won't give us any technology of theirs.

A better than average episode. Teal'c help saved the day and the Tollan homeworld from destruction.

So let's see. Skaara won't be back until the final episode of Season 6 (in my favorite SG-1 Episode), the Tollan until the middle of the 5th season. As for The Nox, we'll never see them again in the series.

Monday, we have a really funny episode with the late Dom DeLuise. I look forward to it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
      Skaara won't be back until the final episode of Season 6 (in my favorite SG-1 Episode),
      I'd never have guessed.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I have this love for court episodes. I don't care a whole lot about Skarra on trial. Yes that is important but I was more intrigued on seeing how the Tollan justice system works. It was strange and interesting at the same time seeing a justic system so weird compared to ours. That is what drove this episode is watching Daniel and Zipaccna battle one another in forms of law. Although Jack's lack of tact in this episode really irritated me. I also like Lya and Teal'c hiding an ion cannon. It was interesting seeing how a technological inferior species (Goauld)could trump one in stragety.

I don't find the Tollans arrogant as some people claim. Just confident in their technology and unwillingly to share out of fear of destruction.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. Wasn't expecting to see the Tollan again...but Shrodinger coming through meant only one thing.

2. Sort of liked the idea of triad and was good to see Skaara again!

3. "your argument is flawed...in oh so many ways"(though I've always misquoted it as "your theory is flawed...")

4. Forgot that the cannon didn't work first time around.

5. And Klorel is outta there...

Good ep!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I have this love for court episodes.
            OT:
            Spoiler:
            There's a very interesting law review article about the system of justice as portrayed in Star Trek. If you're interested, I can try to find the cite

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
              5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. Wasn't expecting to see the Tollan again...but Shrodinger coming through meant only one thing.

2. Sort of liked the idea of triad and was good to see Skaara again!

3. "your argument is flawed...in oh so many ways"(though I've always misquoted it as "your theory is flawed...")

4. Forgot that the cannon didn't work first time around.

5. And Klorel is outta there...

Good ep!
              1. Obviously...
              2. Agreed
              3. Loved that quote.
              4. ...But Teal'c is awesome...
              5. And Skaara's smile is back as well... The removal of Klorel from both Skaara, and the planet, to an unknown destination at the time, leaves/left it open for his return...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I was just glad to see the Nox and Tollan again. So often, we meet promising people and never see them again. (I'm bummed we didn't see a continuing partnership with the Orbonn, the ones who use the nanites in their brains.) It's wonderful to see Lya, and even though Narim is kinda weird, I like the Tollan, too.

Sharing Tollan technology destroyed two whole worlds and changed Tollan society to its core. I can forgive their refusal to share again. Also, Tollans like Narim and Omac eventually suffer greatly to protect Earth. This knowledge helps me forgive their smug attitude. They're not trying to condenscend. Nor are they alone in seeming arrogant to us. Tok'ra anyone? Anyway, the Tollan are okay IMHO.

Comment

I like this episode not only did we see the Tollan and the Nox, but also Skaara. The only thing I don't like about this episode is Narim he gives me the creeps.
                  My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Chiming in slightly late with...

I LOL'ed at how the Jaffa kept marching around in a serious-looking way even though they didn't have anything to do. (I guess it turned out they were doing something, but they didn't have to be walking like that to do it...) On the other hand I'm not sure what else I could picture them doing.

Comment

Originally posted by syncline View Post
                      Chiming in slightly late with...

I LOL'ed at how the Jaffa kept marching around in a serious-looking way even though they didn't have anything to do. (I guess it turned out they were doing something, but they didn't have to be walking like that to do it...) On the other hand I'm not sure what else I could picture them doing.
                      lol... I think that's their casual walk. That's how they roll...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I've always wondered, what their military cadence is..

Comment

Originally posted by Starscape91 View Post
                          I like this episode not only did we see the Tollan and the Nox, but also Skaara. The only thing I don't like about this episode is Narim he gives me the creeps.
                          How about when he morphs as the husband of Dr. Weir in SGA?!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                            How about when he morphs as the husband of Dr. Weir in SGA?!
                            Truly creepy. Never once did he appear in SGA without me thinking, how strange that Dr. Weir married Narim. Bad casting.

Comment

Really good episode!
                              So glad Skaara " got his body back "
                              I just love The Nox ^^

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                                As for The Nox, we'll never see them again in the series.
                                Still sad about that, to this day. I love SG-1 but it could have been greatly improved with better use of strong elements like the Nox, Tollan, the Skaara character, etc. They just got really obsessed with the Tokra and Asgard and focused exclusively on those two, to the exclusion of everything else. The early seasons of SG-1 had this mysterious sense of wonderment about these varied races, their history, and our place in the universe. The Nox alone could have provided so much fascinating material.

Comment

Working...
                                X