This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadalus Class Ships Scalings

Here is some scaling of the Deadalus class ships. I have been browsing the scaling threads in form and have came to a conclusion that there is no really good scaling for the ship. So I decided to do a scaling of my own, actually there are a couple different scaling from different points of the same ship. For each of the scaling I will use two ways of scaling it; coping and pasting apts of the ships to compare it to other parts of the ship, and using the pixel counts of parts of the ship.

Note: I used pictures from the episode Camelot but I and not comparing the size of the ship to the other ships. I would think that the VFX guys would no mess up the proportions of the ship itself.

In the picture it shows Sam right next to the Odyssey. Sam is about 7ft tall in the space suit is 2.6667x smaller than the front of the ship; Carter = C, Front Height Small = S, Meters = M.

S = C*2.6667

S = 7*2.6667

S = 18.546 Feet

M = S*.3048

M = 5.6388

First I got the measurement of cater in the space suit which was 24 pixels and the front with 61 pixels. The front of the X-304 is 2.5416 times larger than Carter.

S = C*2.5416

S = 7*2.5416

S = 17.79 Feet

M = S*.3048

M = 5.4227

Here I’m taking the front of the ship to the total size of the 'head' of the ship. It's 12x the size of the front making it 148ft or 45.1104 meters; Front Bottom = B.

B = S*12

B = 18.546*12

B = 222.552 Feet

M = B*.3048

M = 67.834

I used the shot of the X-304 from the side at Camelot to do the bottom length of the ship. I got 110 pixels and Front Height Small of the ship and, I got 9 pixels for the front that. The front bottom of the ship is 12.2222 times larger than Front Height Small; Front Bottom = B.

B = S*12.2222

B = 17.79*12.2222

B = 217.43 Feet

M = B*.3048

M = 66.27266

Now in the third picture I'm taking the size of the 'head' of the ship to the length. It’s 8.8182x the length of the ship; Length =L

L = B*8.8182

L = 217.43*8.8182

L = 1917.341 Feet

M = L*.3048

M = 584.406

I am using pixels now, the front bottom is 28 pixels and the length of the entire ship is 248 pixels. The front bottom is 8.857x smaller than the length.

L = B*8.857

L = 217.43*8.857

L = 1925.778 Feet

M = L*.3048

M = 586.977

I took the length of the front bottom and took it to the back of the Odyssey. 1.3334x larger; H = Height

H = B*1.3334

H = 217.43*1.3334

H = 289.9212 feet

M = H*.3048

M = 88.367

For pixels the front bottom is 28 pixels and the Height of the entire ship is 36 pixels. Its 1.2857x larger

H = B*1.2857

H = 217.43*1.2857

H = 279.549 Feet

M = H*.3048

M = 85.206

For the width I took the height at the back and compared it to the width at the back. The bottom of the back is 4.0930x the height at the back; W = Width

W = H*4.0930

W = 279.549*4.0930

W = 1144.194 Feet

M = W*.3048

M = 348.750

The pixel width in the picture is 614 pixels and the height is 151 pixels. The width is 4.0662x larger than the height.

W = H*4.0662

W = 279.549*4.0662

W = 1136.702 Feet

M = W*.3048

M = 346.467

The scale of the Deadalus class ships from the information above:

With Pixels

Length = 1925.778 Feet, 586.977 Meters
    Width = 1136.702 Feet, 346.467 Meters
    Height = 279.549 Feet, 85.206 Meters

With coping and pasting existing parts of the ship

Length = 1917.341 Feet, 584.406 Meters
    Width = 1144.194 Feet, 348.750 Meters
    Height = 289.9212 Feet, 88.367 Meters

Next I will use scaling of the F-302 to find the scale...
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I still think that we are still of by a couple of dozen meters!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
      pps = power per second
      The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
      xfire = zpm
      [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
      http://m2kclan.com
      vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
      port: 3785
      P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
      halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
      Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by zpm!! View Post
        I still think that we are still of by a couple of dozen meters!
        make thad honderds
        a US carrier is 400 m so a 304 can never bi more bigger than thad
        sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
          make thad honderds
          And.... why not? If you're arguing that we could never be capable of building anything larger than that, then you forget to realize the ingenuity of humanity... plus we have alien tech to help us, though whether alien production methods are being used in these ships has yet to be shown.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by zpm!! View Post
            I still think that we are still off* by a couple of dozen meters!
            There have been many explainations in this. I used Sam Carter a measurable thing. Then there are different objections too. Why does a 304 only go into a hive ship 10.9 times. If you do the math it make the 304 about 1 kilometer as seen below, thats absurd.

Then in this pic it shows that the 304's go into a hive 11.66 times. Thats no differnet and out of the question, 943 meters.

And here the 304 is 18 times smaller than the hive. Now thats reasonable at 611 meters. I think that the specs in allies are wrong and the screenshot is correct.

sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Don't forget that Carter was floating in front of the Oddy in Flesh and Blood; she would look larger since she's closer to us.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Don't forget that Carter was floating in front of the Oddy in Flesh and Blood; she would look larger since she's closer to us.
                I've thought of that and just didn't know what to do. I'll use a pic of her entering the hanger, and then using the hanger to judge the rest of te ship
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

You do realize that the animators will from time to time, change the scale of the ships? To make them look better, or to make them fit alongside another 3D model of something?
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                    You do realize that the animators will from time to time, change the scale of the ships? To make them look better, or to make them fit alongside another 3D model of something?
                    Yes, I am aware of that, for example the scalings in Camelot were messed up so they could show all the ships in one pic. Another is that ships that I do the scaling from should match but they dont.
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      Yes, I am aware of that, for example the scalings in Camelot were messed up so they could show all the ships in one pic. Another is that ships that I do the scaling from should match but they dont.
                      Well you know, you could try and just email someone over at Rainmaker and ask them if they can give you the dimensions for the ship.
                      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Well you know, you could try and just email someone over at Rainmaker and ask them if they can give you the dimensions for the ship.
                        That would be great but they probably wont give me them, but I'll try it. Most likely they will just block my email or say no. They dont like to give the dimensions out.
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Yer I think people realised that when the Oddy appeared double the length of a ha'tak in 'flesh and blood' http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...tml/00707.html. It's just so earth don't look tiny and powerless, afterall we're the good guys, we can't have the tiny ships.....

Comment

That pic could also be taken in differently. For all we know the Oddy could be closer to the location of the camera than the ha'taks. But then again maybe not. They porbably just screwed up.
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
                              make thad honderds
                              Space Ships tend to be big... This is SciFi, not reality.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                              X