No announcement yet.

The Hive (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did sheppard not manage to get caught in the crossfire.
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
      how did sheppard not manage to get caught in the crossfire.
      the almighty plot shield
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Sheppy presumed dead yet again, and saving the day, yet again. Got to love it
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, indeed. Loved McKay on the enzyme, and the concept of human traitors who serve the Wraith is also intriguing.
          sigpic

Comment

What about they wanted to use that tention for a new strategy against the wraith?
            Spoiler:
            Never really happened except maybe Todd joining them because of the Hoffan drug but that is why to lame.

Not convincing that being super-human thanks to this enzyme had no serious side-effects. Yes, their rationality got affected but what about their bodies. This enzyme seems to work like adrenalin, so imagine what happens to your body if you have such high doses of it continously. The body just can't take it, it falls apart. Otherwise we would have adrenalin in our bodies all the time if we could take it.
            Also Beckett says "It strengthens the human body temporarily and ensures that the heart continues to beat." So it seems to me, it strengthens the metabolism not the muscles or reflexes. So this whole story about being super-human is just plain silly. And if the enzyme would really make you so strong, you could easily escape a feeding wraith. And I'm sure the wraiths don't want that.

And this escaping scene with Sheppard and Ford. Come on, how long took it the male wraith to react not to mention the other drones. And isn't that supposed to be the heart of the hive, I would expect a lot more wraiths there. And the enzyme makes you stronger and more resistant than the wraiths? Aren't the wraiths the one who produce the enzyme? And sure Ford is almost dying like the others but manages to escape, get some enzyme and their weapons. That is Giga-Ford. I really hated what they did with Ford. Ford should be in the team not Ronon.

And Shep can deceive a queen, sure he can. He just forgot he has no wraith DNA like Teyla.
            Last edited by Skie; 21 March 2011, 01:20 AM.
            Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

I also thought the super human thing was a bit weird considering its intended use by the Wraith. However, Ford did say they refined it, so possibly the enzyme they were taking was more potent. I enjoyed the episode and seeing Rodney go bonkers was hilarious . I am going to miss Ford, I quite liked his character and now that his role is pretty much completed I am sad to see him go. The Wraith fighting with one another is a kin to the Goa'uld story lines where if they just worked together they would have a much easier time, but for out sake they can't get along.

Great special effects and the clown's were a highlight of my day.
              At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

I loved the scene with the knives,

Spoiler:
                especially Ronon pulling out from all over the place. "How many do you need?

The clowns routine also amused me.

I love it!
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Yeah, indeed. Loved McKay on the enzyme
                  I loved the scene, although it cemented my belief that it just turned you into a toddler on a sugar-high.
                  Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    I loved the scene with the knives,

Spoiler:
                    especially Ronon pulling out from all over the place. "How many do you need?

That and the airport line is the best
                    sigpic

Comment

But it does make me wonder, how he can do anything without cutting himself with all those knives in his hair and about his bod.

Comment

Watching this on the rewatch now, erm, when Mckay comes back from the planet he was held on apparently they recieve his IDC, yet no sign of his wrist thingy..

Wraith worshipper mmmm shes hot

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                          Carl Binder wrote it. His first Atlantis script was "Aurora", which was my only "meh" episode ever, but he later on wrote classics like "Before I Sleep" and "Letters From Pegasus". I think he's shaping up to give Martin Gero some good competition!

True, I was expecting a little more intrigue involving the mysteries of the wraith and Sheppard and Teyla's "relation" to them, but I loved the episode because

A) I was just so happy to see a new Atlantis.
                          B) It was pretty awesome anyway.
                          C) Hilarious.
                          D) It had some good plot stuff in it.
                          E) I was overjoyed to see a new Atlantis.
                          Wasn't Aurora written after season 1 episodes?
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                            Watching this on the rewatch now, erm, when Mckay comes back from the planet he was held on apparently they recieve his IDC, yet no sign of his wrist thingy..

Wraith worshipper mmmm shes hot
                            Maybe he has it in a pouch rather than on the wrist.

Comment

Yeah maybe, lets be fair the sfx guys have been sloppy so far with IDC's coming in before we hear the woosh of the gate etc.. lol

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hive-epiphany/
                                THE HIVE (211)

A powerful pay-off to the intriguing Lost Boys, The Hive is Atlantis at its best – with plenty of twists and turns, great character moments, and spectacular visual effects. And, as an added bonus, we develop another aspect of wraith mythology with the wraith worshipers, humans who serve and revere the life-sucking aliens. More is made of the divisions inherent within the enemy, something Sheppard exploits at episode’s end to save a human civilization from a mass culling.

David Hewlett, as always, is firing on all cylinders, this time delivering a performance that shows a side of Rodney we’ve never seen before – intense, overwhelmed, physically and mentally tortured. As for Ford, he goes out in a blaze of glory, redeeming himself by distracting the enemy so that his friends can make good their escape. Or does he? Sheppard thinks it very likely that their resilient comrade found a way off the hive ship before it was destroyed. I’d like to think so too, that Ford is still out there, harvesting wraith and fighting the good fight. But the fact that we don’t see the character again after this episode would suggest otherwise. Still, as we always say whenever someone gets killed off: “This is science fiction. Anything is possible!”.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X