Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a pondery that i would welcome input on.

we have seen 4 very distinct anchient "ages" of desighn, the gates (MW) are almost goauld like with the scribed panels, atlantis is very angular, as is the arctures generator and the satalite weapon, then there is the almost organic repositories, and the very stone looking dakara weapon controll board ant the time loop device. what order or what stages of the ancient inhapitance of the milkyway do you think each fits into. its a bit off topic but may point to what sort of styles we may see in SGU

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
      lol

no but come on guys, instead of moaning about having less of a technology focus give us some ideas about some technology.

while you may not have a big interest in stargates technology but I absolutly love the technology in stargate and the technobabble that comes with it, but thats cause im the kinda person who has an interest in that sort of thing (he says looking up the mathematics behind zero-point energy)

so come on! try to be positive about the technology and pass some ideas around, I want to hear imaginations humming away!
      now youve done it... youve got me started!! would you like new applications for existing tech (of the stargate series) or do you want something completly new?.

i love the tech too (as you know youve been in loads of threads with me)

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
        now youve done it... youve got me started!! would you like new applications for existing tech (of the stargate series) or do you want something completly new?.

i love the tech too (as you know youve been in loads of threads with me)
        anything and everything is welcome!

but in the title for the thread I did say what "new" technology you would like say so it is leaning more for that then applications of the old stuff.

but still feel free to stick up some applications of old stuff if you think it may benifit the new series somehow.

Stargate Tech Fans Unite!!

lol
        Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

anything and everything is welcome!

but in the title for the thread I did say what "new" technology you would like say so it is leaning more for that then applications of the old stuff.

but still feel free to stick up some applications of old stuff if you think it may benifit the new series somehow.

Stargate Tech Fans Unite!!

lol
          very well my good sir i give you this.

phase shifting attack pods, launched much like a missile but a little larger, bypass shields and travel into the centre of an ememy ship (usually where engineering access ducts ((jefferies tubes are))) they rephase and open where they release 10 or more drones (depending on the size of the pod) programmed to seek out key systems

hows that for a start

Comment

phase shifting attack pods, launched much like a missile but a little larger, bypass shields and travel into the centre of an ememy ship (usually where engineering access ducts ((jefferies tubes are))) they rephase and open where they release 10 or more drones (depending on the size of the pod) programmed to seek out key systems

hows that for a start
            LOL, given what you dreamed up toby1 I think you have too much time on your hands!!

I think if one was to deploy a phase shifting weapon, one might as well just deploy an explosive one so that if it phased back in the middle of a ship, it would then blow up taking the enemy with it. However, your weapon would be great if one wanted to disable and capture.

We have seen something akin to phaseshifting in SGA when Shep used the hyperdrive to lead a damaged ship through a planet by catching it within the 304 shields prior to using the hyperdrive for a short jump (forget the ep but was fairly recently). It thus seems to me a potential basis for phase shifting might be a short range "tactical" use of hyperdrive physics.
            ---------------------
            sigpic
            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

an automatic belly-button inverter, so there will be no "outies" on the show.

Comment

hows that for a start
                Perfect!, sounds like something I said in some other thread:

Transphasic missiles
                How about a slight varient like your one - Transphasic Cluster Bomb!

launched into ship then - BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! ship crippled or destroyed!

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                  LOL, given what you dreamed up toby1 I think you have too much time on your hands!!

I think if one was to deploy a phase shifting weapon, one might as well just deploy an explosive one so that if it phased back in the middle of a ship, it would then blow up taking the enemy with it. However, your weapon would be great if one wanted to disable and capture.

We have seen something akin to phaseshifting in SGA when Shep used the hyperdrive to lead a damaged ship through a planet by catching it within the 304 shields prior to using the hyperdrive for a short jump (forget the ep but was fairly recently). It thus seems to me a potential basis for phase shifting might be a short range "tactical" use of hyperdrive physics.
                  sg1 also use a hyperspace window to phase something, if you recall it is a naquadah rich asteroid anubis throws at eath, its where the inspirtion came from.

next up boys and girls we have we have rapid deployment carrier alas ships, you have a very large ship with a good hyperdrive and medium shields (it wont be in a fight for long) i should point out that it has two of each critical system. you have a large ship think of it as a one giang hanger inside on the unner hulls you have row upon row of racks, each rack houses 3 or 4 302 fighters in rapid release clamps, the ship jumpt to where it is needed and opens up, well to be exact it splits alll the way down the central axis, once seperated the two halves rotate through 90 degrees so the internal racks are facing out (or down if you preffer) the 302s are released in one one big wave, this is perfectly safe as there is a clear path in frone of every 302, it will litteraly drop a swarm of 302s, once complete the two carrier halfs will jump to safe space and dock back to being one ship again, it can jump back again when it is safr where the main hanger door at the prow will open allowind for the 302s to redock, they will be conveed by automated systems back to the hanger racks and once all aboardd the ship will pressurise and the pilots can spend some time in the small but functional bunk and recreational areas untill they transport to a more hospitable 304 for debreafing

whadda ya think

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    an automatic belly-button inverter, so there will be no "outies" on the show.
                    thats a pretty hard bit of kit to build, itd be easier building a zpm outa a coathanger, a pencil and a rubber band (gcguyver could do it)

Comment

sg1 also use a hyperspace window to phase something, if you recall it is a naquadah rich asteroid anubis throws at eath, its where the inspirtion came from.

next up boys and girls we have we have rapid deployment carrier alas ships, you have a very large ship with a good hyperdrive and medium shields (it wont be in a fight for long) i should point out that it has two of each critical system. you have a large ship think of it as a one giang hanger inside on the unner hulls you have row upon row of racks, each rack houses 3 or 4 302 fighters in rapid release clamps, the ship jumpt to where it is needed and opens up, well to be exact it splits alll the way down the central axis, once seperated the two halves rotate through 90 degrees so the internal racks are facing out (or down if you preffer) the 302s are released in one one big wave, this is perfectly safe as there is a clear path in frone of every 302, it will litteraly drop a swarm of 302s, once complete the two carrier halfs will jump to safe space and dock back to being one ship again, it can jump back again when it is safr where the main hanger door at the prow will open allowind for the 302s to redock, they will be conveed by automated systems back to the hanger racks and once all aboardd the ship will pressurise and the pilots can spend some time in the small but functional bunk and recreational areas untill they transport to a more hospitable 304 for debreafing

whadda ya think
                      Interesting idea!

I take it this would be used as some kind of advanced attack before the others ships such as 304's showed up or have them deployed behind the rest of the fleet during a battle so that they don't get in the way.

Comment

Interesting idea!

I take it this would be used as some kind of advanced attack before the others ships such as 304's showed up or have them deployed behind the rest of the fleet during a battle so that they don't get in the way.
                        advanced attack, planitary blockade or capital ship fighter support, it would also make a good mid range explorer (jumps drops fighters, they scout to max range using asgard enhanced sensors, reembark, move on)

Comment

Good aint I?

Comment

Good aint I?
                            that you, a man after my own heart!

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of mind control technology appearing at least once somewhere alongthe line - so long as its different from anythng else we've come acoss in the franchise before.

Comment

that you, a man after my own heart!

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of mind control technology appearing at least once somewhere alongthe line - so long as its different from anythng else we've come acoss in the franchise before.
                              what about the mind tap anubis uses on thor, perhaps "we" can reprograt to feed in rather than extract, use it to create someting like post hypnotic suggestion like the secret assasin that martoof became

Comment

what about the mind tap anubis uses on thor, perhaps "we" can reprograt to feed in rather than extract, use it to create someting like post hypnotic suggestion like the secret assasin that martoof became
                                yeah that could work for us, but I mean like with possible new races we might encounter what kind of mind control technology would they possibly have?

(but they could have it in the way you suggested, through some kind of probe that is implanted into the brain and feeds information into it, secretly controlling them.

(that could actually work as an episode concept...... hmmmmm....)

Possible Concept;

Team visits a planet that has similer technology to what we may have in 30 years time thanks to the tech we've found through the gate.

They trade with us = food + supplies for information about what the ship has found during itsjourney etc.

they stay the night and one of the team is implanted with the probe, so that once back on the ship, they start to sabotage it without even realising it as they attempt to deliver the ship to the people on the planet.

possible maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X