Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 non-fiction books

Hey guys,

I'm not sure whether this thread already exists but I couldn't read through all these pages So I'm hoping someone is out there to help me.

I'm thinking of buying some Stargate SG-1 books, but can't quite decide which ones. I came across the 'illustrated companion' ones and also the 'ultimate visual guide' and I'm wondering whether they are any good and worth buying. And does any one have an idea whether they will still print copies from the 'Stargate SG-1: a celebration of 10 years'?

Thanks!
    sigpic
    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

I recently bought the companions for SG-1 seasons 1-8 and Atlantis 1-4 (the beginning of my stargate material collection) and while not providing a great deal of extra info they are quite good. I intend to get all of the books (and comics, collectables, magazines etc) but have not read any of them yet.

As for "Stargate SG-1: a celebration of 10 years" I had a look and there are no copies to be found, but that doesn't mean someone isn't willing to part with theirs for a price.

Comment

I have the Companions for Stargate SG1 seasons 1-8 and 9 & 10.
      Along with the Stargate Atlantis companions for seasons 1-4. For some reason I haven't seen one for season 5.

As for the 'Stargate SG-1 : A celebration of 10 years' you could try E-Bay, Amazon, or Play.com.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        I have the Companions for Stargate SG1 seasons 1-8 and 9 & 10.
        Along with the Stargate Atlantis companions for seasons 1-4. For some reason I haven't seen one for season 5.

As for the 'Stargate SG-1 : A celebration of 10 years' you could try E-Bay, Amazon, or Play.com.
        The Atlantis Season 5 one was never published.

Comment

Thanks for the info
          sigpic
          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
            Thanks for the info
            You're Welcome Samfan.
            We're here to help. If we can.

I have a theory why the season 5 companion for Atlantis wasn't published.
            The company due to publish it, lost it's licence from MGM.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

On the subject, is the "Dialing Up" book, a season 1-5 guide, by Thomasina Gibson just a mash together of Gibsons other "Illustrated Guides" or something else?
              I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
              -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                Hey guys,

I'm not sure whether this thread already exists but I couldn't read through all these pages So I'm hoping someone is out there to help me.

I'm thinking of buying some Stargate SG-1 books, but can't quite decide which ones. I came across the 'illustrated companion' ones and also the 'ultimate visual guide' and I'm wondering whether they are any good and worth buying. And does any one have an idea whether they will still print copies from the 'Stargate SG-1: a celebration of 10 years'?

Thanks!
                I bought a book called "stepping through the stargate" which has chapters like essays written by actors from the show archaeologists, astronomers and published Scifi authors. It is an interesting read and examines the science behind the show,including things like real life wormhole theory and the possibility of creating a stargate. I got mine off ebay, and some sellers are asking big dollars for them but you should be able to get one for about $15.
                sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                  You're Welcome Samfan.
                  We're here to help. If we can.

I have a theory why the season 5 companion for Atlantis wasn't published.
                  The company due to publish it, lost it's licence from MGM.
                  I have heard from a few sources one mainly being someone who deals with sci fi related merchandise that MGM are really greedy with their licenses and try to push more money out of companies hence why there isn't heaps of merch for stargate as there is for other shows.

I am not saying this is accurate but you look at how long things are produced for it does make you wonder.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X