Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
    Another question-

Are you planning to eventually go back and update your SG-1 expansion with this new info? Satellites getting knocked out, Antarctic weapon gone, etc?
    This will all be dealt with in the "Crossroads" two-parter.

I'm also curious as to how you're going to fit in the Atlantis expansion with the SG-1 one. If I remember correctly, Atlantis was hardly (if at all) mentioned in seasons 11-15.
    It was mentioned off and on, and there were a few crossover episodes. The two are already linked up, don't worry.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It was great, though you made 1 kinds big mistake. You said that the Apollo took the ZPM from the Traveler's ship and that McKay took it also. Thats the only thing I found wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
        It was great, though you made 1 kinds big mistake. You said that the Apollo took the ZPM from the Traveler's ship and that McKay took it also. Thats the only thing I found wrong with it.
        ...the Apollo didn't take the ZPM... unless I'm remember what I wrote wrong. I'll go back and double check, I guess, hold on.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Admittedly, I didn't like your versions of "Ark of Truth" and "Ghost in the Machine". For the first, I feel that the Replicator fight in the original was much more exciting than Mitchell chasing one Replicator. And, then there's Adria switching sides. It's revealed in "Flesh & Blood" that she is complicent with the Ori, not a pawn like the Priors. As for "Ghost in the Machine" it always felt to me like the "Torment of Tentalus" of Stargate Atlantis, because of Weir making a reference to there being several other advanced races in the Pegasus Galaxy hiding from the Wraith.

Therefore, I didn't have much hope for "Enemy at the Gate". It is, after all, a lot more difficult to make a good rewrite then to make a good original. But I must say that this rewrite far surpasses the original in every way. I'd ask for permission to use your version of the episode in my continuation if not for the references to your continuation of SG-1 and the fact that I don't want any 90-minute episodes between "Rising" and "Showdown/Retribution" (I haven't decided which of the titles to use yet), the big finale of Season 8.

Comment

Nice going s09119, has a nice, epic scope to it.

Although was nice to bring back the Travellers Aurora...only to destroy it.
            (One day someone will realise that handing their cool, awesome spaceship over to Atlantis is NOT a good idea! )
            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
              Admittedly, I didn't like your versions of "Ark of Truth" and "Ghost in the Machine". For the first, I feel that the Replicator fight in the original was much more exciting than Mitchell chasing one Replicator. And, then there's Adria switching sides. It's revealed in "Flesh & Blood" that she is complicent with the Ori, not a pawn like the Priors. As for "Ghost in the Machine" it always felt to me like the "Torment of Tentalus" of Stargate Atlantis, because of Weir making a reference to there being several other advanced races in the Pegasus Galaxy hiding from the Wraith.
              To each his own, of course. And I liked the basic premise of "Ghost in the Machine," and only rewrote it to avoid having Weir essentially killed off.

Therefore, I didn't have much hope for "Enemy at the Gate". It is, after all, a lot more difficult to make a good rewrite then to make a good original. But I must say that this rewrite far surpasses the original in every way. I'd ask for permission to use your version of the episode in my continuation if not for the references to your continuation of SG-1 and the fact that I don't want any 90-minute episodes between "Rising" and "Showdown/Retribution" (I haven't decided which of the titles to use yet), the big finale of Season 8.
              Thank you. Honestly, though, this was the easiest episode to write for me in some time, and I think that was because I've become so used to SG-1 that it's almost boring to write for those characters now, whereas the team on Atlantis is fresh and facing all sorts of new adventures.

By the way, if it helps at all, I think "Retribution" has a much more-dramatic feel to it, if you're going for that angle. "Showdown" doesn't have the same impact.

Comment

Excellent work.
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Great episode. Much, much better then the real one!
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Great job. I really liked it. I have one question though. Where did Atlantis get its second ZPM from? (You stated in the episode that Atlantis had 2 ZPMs prior to the episode.)

Dr. D
                    God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                    Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
                      Great job. I really liked it. I have one question though. Where did Atlantis get its second ZPM from? (You stated in the episode that Atlantis had 2 ZPMs prior to the episode.)

Dr. D
                      I wasn't sure how many they actually had in that episode, all I know is that they didn't have 3, so I guessed. Can we find evidence that they only had 1? Was it stated before and I missed it?

Comment

I found the profusion of ZPMs ridiculous. It just degrades Ancient technology when it takes that many to defeat one super hive. Which should really have only one ZPM, I doubt Todd needed more to make his project work, the rest would have been hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          I found the profusion of ZPMs ridiculous. It just degrades Ancient technology when it takes that many to defeat one super hive. Which should really have only one ZPM, I doubt Todd needed more to make his project work, the rest would have been hidden.
                          The thought that one ZPM could boost a hive to insane levels of power enough to run through every defense we could throw at it was stupid in my opinion. Besides, only three were tied into the ship, since the fourth was plugged into the stargate.

As for the profusion of ZPMs... nothing was changed from the original episode, since the two extras on Atlantis were really just to get it to Earth in time.

Comment

S09 What did yu change t the OG pst (SG1)?

Comment

Sorry this keyboard does not like the o key (need to get a new 1)

Comment

On the subject of Universe, I must say I was quite pleased with "Air, Pt. 3". Very well done episode. (Though I do question why the senator's wife was told about the program.)
                                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                                X