This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDM Comments on BSG's End

Ronald D. Moore told the Hollywood Reporter he and co-executive producer David Eick began thinking about BATTLESTAR GALACTICA's end midway through the second season.

Moore said, "We thought, if we don't start paying this off and really revealing those secrets, we'll be moving in the wrong direction and get to a place where it felt like we were jerking off the audience."

He went on to add that viewers will "get to see Earth" by the end of the show. Moore also noted they will try to wrap up most of the story lines. He said there were no plans for a feature film or miniseries, but then added "Never say never."

Moore did mention that he and David Eick were talking to Lucy Lawless about possibly reprising her role at D'Anna Biers. No word yet.

http://www.mania.com/54934.html
    Once a MARINE, Always a MARINE

God Bless, Protect, and Speed,

Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX

Irish by ancestry, American by birth, but MARINE by the grace of God.
    Fortitudine Vincit, In Deo Speramus, Semper Fidelis

SEMPERTOONS: http://www.sempertoons.com/
    SEMPERTOONS Store: www.cafepress.com/sempertoons

Originally posted by LoneReconEagle View Post
    Moore did mention that he and David Eick were talking to Lucy Lawless about possibly reprising her role at D'Anna Biers. No word yet.
    I really hope this happens- cause I desperately want a scene with all 12 cylons together.

Comment

Fine, fine, we'll see Earth, and possibly cylon!Xena...but will we see Romo Lampkin? Inquiring minds want to know.

(Inquisitive icon by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel)

Comment

I'm positive we'll see more of Lucy Lawless--she was at the Hollywood event as the moderater. They could have had anyone do that. When it was asked if she was gonna be on the show again, they avoided answering the question, but she mentioned "delicate contract negotiations" with a jestful tone. She'll be back. I know it.
        "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

I certainly hope so!

BSG always was a story with a beginning, a middle and an end.
          sigpic

Comment

I loved Lucy Lawless in BSG and really hope she comes back in the fourth season, and it would help wrap things up nicely if we have all the prominent characters at the beginning and end of the show.

Comment

I can't wait for this season, with only 20 episodes to reveal so much I can't help but think that every single episode will get you wanting for more.

Comment

I like the quote where he said "you will see Earth, some version of Earth, something that someone at least calls Earth".

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                  I can't wait for this season, with only 20 episodes to reveal so much I can't help but think that every single episode will get you wanting for more.
                  thought it was 22 ??
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    thought it was 22 ??
                    20 episodes + the 2 hour "Razor" = 22 Therefore there will only be the usual 20 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing View Post
                      I loved Lucy Lawless in BSG and really hope she comes back in the fourth season
                      I think she was out of place in the show and the whole documentary episode within a docu just never worked. the only reason she was on the series was because Eick lusted for her from her Xena days.
                      Once Eick took off to do Bionic Woman the realised keeping Xena around was pointless.
                      Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                      They had to fake the ratings
                      They had to fake the ratings.
                      Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                        I like the quote where he said "you will see Earth, some version of Earth, something that someone at least calls Earth".
                        Likes to keep us all guessing and theorizing, that's for sure.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Damn, they have totally lost the plot with the new-BSG, the shock jockey iraqtica plots, the jerry springer soap or way they let Helo off the hook and then one linered an explanation of the virus

Most fans would have been relieved to see Starbuck dead because it means we can finally put the Lee/Kara crap to bed. Unfortunately for RDM, since season 1 there has been a sharp decline in the quality of writing and the show has been show has been hemorrhaging viewers for a while

The hendrix/dylan season finale was incredibly stupid. Did they forget about the Cylon detector ? Or that Chief not Cylon Bommer was falling asleep during episode 33 ? It has lost all the great action, good drama and clever writing of the first seasons and the miniseries. These days the show has started to climb up its own butt and is taking itself WAY too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by X-3-0-2 View Post
                            Damn, they have totally lost the plot with the new-BSG, the shock jockey iraqtica plots, the jerry springer soap or way they let Helo off the hook and then one linered an explanation of the virus

Most fans would have been relieved to see Starbuck dead because it means we can finally put the Lee/Kara crap to bed. Unfortunately for RDM, since season 1 there has been a sharp decline in the quality of writing and the show has been show has been hemorrhaging viewers for a while

The hendrix/dylan season finale was incredibly stupid. Did they forget about the Cylon detector ? Or that Chief not Cylon Bommer was falling asleep during episode 33 ? It has lost all the great action, good drama and clever writing of the first seasons and the miniseries. These days the show has started to climb up its own butt and is taking itself WAY too seriously
                            You've made your point with that image all over the forums- do you need to keep posting it? I'm sure those on dial-up aren't very appreciative.....If you must display it everywhere, please put it in your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
                              I think she was out of place in the show and the whole documentary episode within a docu just never worked. the only reason she was on the series was because Eick lusted for her from her Xena days.
                              Once Eick took off to do Bionic Woman the realised keeping Xena around was pointless.
                              Or maybe she was just a good casting choice for the D'anna role...

Comment

Working...
                              X