No announcement yet.

The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly want Louis to direct Avengers, after doing Hulk and Clash I think he can do something as big as The Avengers.

Comment

After doing Hulk, I wouldn't want him to do it. It's like I have said before, Incredible Hulk just seemed like a dumbed down, actioned up version of Hulk (although to be fair, the Hulk ending was like WTF? with me) but I've seen some trailers for Clash of the Titans, it looks interesting and something I may end up seeing so I'm going to hold off judgement on him doing Avengers until I do catch Titans.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah if Clash of the Titans is good then I will fully support him to direct, I really hope it isn't a CGI action fest. I though The Incredible Hulk was an excellent comic book adaptation, maybe my favorite. But as a movie it did have some flaws I suppose.

Comment

I, for one, hope it IS a CGI action-fest. Some comic book movies have the seriousness of The Dark Knight and it works well in a grim and gritty fashion. Others demand a high level of action; and some that demand said action and lack it to make room for 'characterization' end up like Superman Returns.
          My concern is that, with all these big name actors in it demanding their time to shine, there won't be much room for the necessary action that follows having Thor and Iron Man et al in the same movie. Remember Halle Berry complaining about her 'lack' of screen time in the X-Movies?
          This movie will have to be impressive in juggling the ego of each and every big name actor involved as well as keeping the action spectacular and, hopefully, frequent. I don't think it's impossible, but we'll see.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yeah they are definitely going to have to find a delicate balance between all of the characters and the action/plot. This movie definitely has potential to be absolutely incredible, but it also has the potential of being a complete disaster. Let's hope for the former.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              I, for one, hope it IS a CGI action-fest. Some comic book movies have the seriousness of The Dark Knight and it works well in a grim and gritty fashion. Others demand a high level of action; and some that demand said action and lack it to make room for 'characterization' end up like Superman Returns.
              My concern is that, with all these big name actors in it demanding their time to shine, there won't be much room for the necessary action that follows having Thor and Iron Man et al in the same movie. Remember Halle Berry complaining about her 'lack' of screen time in the X-Movies?
              This movie will have to be impressive in juggling the ego of each and every big name actor involved as well as keeping the action spectacular and, hopefully, frequent. I don't think it's impossible, but we'll see.
              I'd have no sympathy for Halle if she had complain Hugh Jackman was getting too much screen time. She wasn't the only one underused. I think that if you added up all of the time Cyclops was on screen in X1, you'd get about the same amount of time of his role in X3.

I just hope they get any other oscar winners in these movies, not worth the complaining.

sigpic

Comment

VIDEO: Edward Norton and Tim Blake Nelson on Avengers ...and More!

Questions asked regarding the Avengers during a sit down with actor Edward Norton, along with director and co-star Tim Blake Nelson, for their new film LEAVES OF GRASS

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16352

Comment

IESB Exclusive: Leading Contender in Line to Direct THE AVENGERS... !!!NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!

THE AVENGERS will be the culmination of everything Marvel Entertainment has been working towards, bringing together their biggest and brightest superheroes on the big screen including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.

Director Louis Leterrier has thrown his hat into the ring as wanting to bring Earth's mightiest heroes together under one tentpole but we are hearing it will not be his cross to bear. Leterrier mentioned a short list of directors recently that Marvel was looking at, he didn't know who else was on the list but IESB has found out one other member.

The same sources that spilled the beans to IESB about Spider-Man 4 being put on an indefinite hold back in December, have revealed that another leading contender on that short list to direct THE AVENGERS film is none other than Joss Whedon.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ures&Itemid=73

They may say that this aint a april fools, but we'll see!

Comment

The would be cool. Serenity was great so, I think he could pull off the Avengers if this turns out legit.

Perfecto!

Comment

I would like Joss Whedon, but I'm going to wait and see if it is a joke or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        IESB Exclusive: Leading Contender in Line to Direct THE AVENGERS... !!!NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!

THE AVENGERS will be the culmination of everything Marvel Entertainment has been working towards, bringing together their biggest and brightest superheroes on the big screen including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.

Director Louis Leterrier has thrown his hat into the ring as wanting to bring Earth's mightiest heroes together under one tentpole but we are hearing it will not be his cross to bear. Leterrier mentioned a short list of directors recently that Marvel was looking at, he didn't know who else was on the list but IESB has found out one other member.

The same sources that spilled the beans to IESB about Spider-Man 4 being put on an indefinite hold back in December, have revealed that another leading contender on that short list to direct THE AVENGERS film is none other than Joss Whedon.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ures&Itemid=73

They may say that this aint a april fools, but we'll see!
                        I think it's an unofficial April Fools Day rule that you can't say "not an april fools" when you are talking out your arse. So with that in mind, it could be true however I try to believe any news that comes out on April 1st.

sigpic

Comment

Marvel Confirms Joss Whedon on Avengers Director Short List

On April's Fools Day, IESB reported that occasional actor, and creator and head writer of the television programs Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, and Astonishing X-Men in Marvel Comics, Joss Whedon, is on the list of guys to direct Marvel's hero clash, The Avengers. LA Times, wondering if it were true, got word from Marvel insider that it was true.

"After some checking, insiders at Marvel Studios say no director has been signed yet but that Whedon was on the short-list and conversations took place. This could be promising, Whedonites."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16595

Comment

I certainly wouldn't mind Whedon directing it. I enjoy his directing style, but I seriously doubt he gets the job.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

It's possible he could do it. He's got a history with comic books (other than "oh, I was a big fan growing up") and was lined up to do Wonder Woman before he gave up on the project because of differences with the Studio.

sigpic

Comment

Joss Whedon To Direct Marvel's The Avengers

It was reported and confirmed by Marvel, that actor & writer of Astonishing X-Men in Marvel Comics, Joss Whedon was on a list of guys to direct Marvel ultimate clash, Avengers. Well now, Deadline reports that Joss may be in final negotiations to helm the film.

From Deadline:
                                I'm told Marvel Studios is in final negotiations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer series architect Joss Whedon to direct Marvel Studios' The Avengers. That's the fast-tracked film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=17000

Comment

Working...
                                X