Amy Pond and the fall of Arcadia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amy Pond and the fall of Arcadia

She mentions it in the opening moments of Vincent and the Doctor when she is listing all of the places the Doctor has taken her (following the events of Cold Blood where Rory was killed and absorbed into the crack). Now, whilst Arcadia could be the name of any thousand different colonies or planets, it is quite strange that this wasn't elaborated following on from the events of The Last Day, where Arcadia 'the safest place on Gallifrey' fell to the Daleks.

There's no way Amy and the Doctor could have visited this Arcadia between Cold Blood and Vincent and the Doctor...

... Or is there?

Thoughts below
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

According to the TARDIS wiki, the Arcadia that Amy and the 11th Doctor visit, is the same
    Arcadia that the 7th Doctor visited in the novel Deceit. and that the 6th Doctor tried to visit with Frobisher and Peri in a comic strip called Profits of Doom. It's a planet in Mutter's spiral. Though on what authority the TARDIS wiki say that I don't know.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadia_%28planet%29

Comment

Thanks for the info. Would've greened but it won't let me.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It's the thought that counts.

It sounds a nice place to visit. I'd like to have gone there with Frobisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          It's the thought that counts.

It sounds a nice place to visit. I'd like to have gone there with Frobisher.
          Frobisher!!! Such an awesome companion! I want more Big Finish Frobisher stuff!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

...I have no true comment... I just feel a need to join in with DW fans.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              ...I have no true comment... I just feel a need to join in with DW fans.
              That'd be the guilt.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

A penguin companion? What's next, a kangaroo?
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  A penguin companion? What's next, a kangaroo?
                  Psst... http://cleowho.tumblr.com/post/62506...bisher-and-six

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Oh god, that's perfect.
                    HAIL Frobisher!!!
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                    X