No announcement yet.

The Changeling (619)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting concept for an episode, a well-written story as well, but this lacks the SG-1 feeling for me. So I don't revisit this episode often.

Comment

not one of my fav episodes. i don't watch it often either
      sigpic

Comment

Excellent episode for Teal'c, and great seeing Daniel again, but so sad.
        sigpic

Comment

i havent watched the episode but can someone tell me how 2 jaffa can survive on 1 symbiote. do they cut it in half?
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

T was soooooo weird with Dr. Apophis.

[QUOTE=asdf1239;11363104Can someone tell me how 2 jaffa can survive on 1 symbiote. do they cut it in half?[/QUOTE]

No. They let it be in one Jaffa and then they transfer it to another. Like the phone game with feedbacks all the time.

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
            Can someone tell me how 2 jaffa can survive on 1 symbiote. do they cut it in half?
            No. One Jaffa has it at once and then he transfers it to another every couple hours. Like the phone game with infinite feedbacks.

Got it?
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 July 2010, 03:21 AM. Reason: Use your edit button.:)
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Loved this one, and not only for Daniel Jackson. I'm liking CJ more and more as a writer, the Bra'tac/Teal'c symbiote goof notwithstanding.
              sigpic

Comment

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE YOUR FATE SHOL'VA

I lol'd so hard when I saw that

Comment

Cool episode, I like how they brought back Daniel and he was the only one real in Teal'c dream helping him.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode.One of the best ones in this season,IMHO

Comment

I didn't relate to well to this episode......
                      And at the end Daniel Jackson tells him "everyone has gone home." Have you ever heard of a hospital patient being left all alone with no medical staff all night? Especially at the SGC?!!
                      Last edited by Dave2; 18 December 2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Daniel was talking about Jack's friends (SG1, Hammond, etc.)
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I guess it's worth noting that despite the dispute Shanks had over his role etc., DeLuise and he et al still managed to bring him in occasionally in Season 6. It feels like the whole environment of the SG1 characters, writers, producers etc. was far and away superior to the cut throat world of Holywood. And it's true that seeing another side of Christopher Judge was valuable. Neat people everybody.......I have seen some behind-the-scenes videos and was amazed that RDA is the same off the show as he is on the show.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Daniel was talking about Jack's friends (SG1, Hammond, etc.)

Comment

Take note everybody that the name on the fire engine is a town in British Columbia and NOT in Colorado (!!).
                            And of course we all know that Jonas comes from a country named Kelowna named for another town in British Columbia. Hurray for B.C. !!!

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                            I guess it's worth noting that despite the dispute Shanks had over his role etc., DeLuise and he et al still managed to bring him in occasionally in Season 6. It feels like the whole environment of the SG1 characters, writers, producers etc. was far and away superior to the cut throat world of Holywood. And it's true that seeing another side of Christopher Judge was valuable. Neat people everybody.......I have seen some behind-the-scenes videos and was amazed that RDA is the same off the show as he is on the show.

Comment

A weird episode that doesn't really come together until the end. Seeing Daniel again, of course, makes it stand out in the season. Chris Judge does well here, but he is a much more natural actor when he is portraying Teal'c - maybe it's just because we are not used to seeing him acting as an American human, but it consistantly feels very odd.

Having Apophis in the episode was a bit pointless, and he wasn't used very well. I'd forgotten how ridiculous he always looked! I was VERY pleased to see the gorgeous Musetta Vander again, though

The tretonin is an important plotline for the show, and I'd forgotten that this episode officially introduces it to the Jaffa. It was a direction I was always pleased that the show took, because it was an obvious point of discussion from the very start: how long will Teal'c be able keep his symbiote before it matures? Not to mention the security risk of having a Goa'uld larvae in the SGC all that time!

RATING: 7 out of 10
                              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I stuck a VHS into my Hallls of Res machine...

1. Not long before this ep aired(certainly while S6 aired over here) I went to my first con and CJ was there. I asked him about this ep that I'd heard hardly anything about, and he just said "watch it".

2. So, I watched it...and the first thing that struck me was the difference between "T" and Teal'c.

3. Then the ep just seemed like a dream Teal'c was having...even though Jaffa weren't meant to have dreams.

4. And then...Teal'c's symbiote dissapears...

5. Finally we find out what's going on...and they bring back this tretonin stuff...and the rest...as far as the rebel Jaffa is concerned, is history.

Still, possibly the wierdest SG1 ep of all time!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X