No announcement yet.

The Wedding of River Song (3213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the end where River popped in to see Mum and Dad and you could tell they've grown closer over.. uh however long they have been doing this.

I like the episode. I now have to have a marathon of all 11's episodes.
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

You haven't been near any D-Mat guns lately, have you?
      Who told?!?..........RODAN! 4thDoctormad.gif
      sigpic
      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thdoctor View Post
        who told?!?..........rodan! [ATTACH=CONFIG]32227[/ATTACH]
        roflmao

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Question: How did "the time travelling robot operated by tiny people" manage to fake, atleast half of, a regeneration?

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron999 View Post
            Question: How did "the time travelling robot operated by tiny people" manage to fake, atleast half of, a regeneration?
            This has actually already been asked on this thread but I'm more than happy to answer it again: The robot was able to turn its legs in to a motorbike. I think a simple thing like a light show would be child's play by comparison to pull off.
            Last edited by Alan; 04 October 2011, 05:07 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              This has actually already been asked on this thread but I'm more than happy to answer it again: The robot was able to turn its legs in to a motorbike. I think a simple thing like a light show would be child's play by comparison to pull off.
              ^ This ^
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

A nice continuity nod:

31.13 The Big Bang:
                River: Did you dance? Well, you always dance at weddings.

32.13 The Wedding of River Song:
                Doctor: Look into my eye.

(the Doctor twirls around, "dancing", then tips his hat)

Don't think anyone's mentioned that yet.

EDIT: By the way, the sketch that Amy thought might be Rory--I think it's actually Jeff, isn't it?
                Last edited by Carter1994; 04 October 2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                  A nice continuity nod:

31.13 The Big Bang:
                  River: Did you dance? Well, you always dance at weddings.

32.13 The Wedding of River Song:
                  Doctor: Look into my eye.

(the Doctor twirls around, "dancing", then tips his hat)

Don't think anyone's mentioned that yet.

EDIT: By the way, the sketch that Amy thought might be Rory--I think it's actually Jeff, isn't it?
                  Having re-watched "The Eleventh Hour" recently, I think that sketch is Jeff. The hair is a little weird but the face is definitely him. Very observant.
                  sigpic

Comment

Amy isn't a very good wife to Rory is she?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                      Amy isn't a very good wife to Rory is she?
                      I wouldn't go so far as to say that. That incident with Jeff (and there wasn't anything inappropriate between them) in "The Eleventh Hour" took place over 2 years before they were married. Since then, Rory has lived as the Last Centurion and she sees him in a completely different way, especially given how she spoke about him to baby Melody in "A Good Man Goes to War."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        I wouldn't go so far as to say that. That incident with Jeff (and there wasn't anything inappropriate between them) in "The Eleventh Hour" took place over 2 years before they were married. Since then, Rory has lived as the Last Centurion and she sees him in a completely different way, especially given how she spoke about him to baby Melody in "A Good Man Goes to War."
                        Indeed. Amy is the sort of girl that enjoys teasing in a perfectly harmless way. At the end of the day you can tell from hers and rorys relationship now that she'd never do anything to lose him.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

She still treats him like he's one of those idiotic sitcom husbands.
                          sigpic

Comment

To be fair, Amy treats pretty much everyone (with the exception of maybe River) like that.

Comment

Those sitcom husbands wouldn't be able to fight off a group of Headless Monks with a gun and a sword while a battle-hardened Sontaran lay dying nearby. Amy's no fool. While she may enjoy teasing him she knows the difference between being mean-spirited and being playful. She doesn't take the fact that he guarded the Pandorica for 2,000 years for granted either. If she did, she wouldn't have held out hope of him rescuing her at Demon's Run or repeatedly acknowledging him as the true protector in her life--not the Doctor.

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                              To be fair, Amy treats pretty much everyone (with the exception of maybe River) like that.
                              Very true. I notice that her interactions with River in the past (especially in "The Time of Angels" and "Flesh and Stone") have always been different than with any other character. Some foreshadowing there perhaps?
                              sigpic

Comment

I lost all respect for Amy when she tried to get the Doctor into her bed on the night before her wedding. Rory wouldn't have tried that with Romana.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X