• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    To top it off...

River IS the eye patch lady.

ANNNNNND...

The good man she kills is not the Doctor.
    Where were they shown? I don't remember either... (though I agree, as most probable, about the second )

Comment

wat
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

1. When I saw the addition to the crop circle I thought 'River'.

2. When I saw some black girl getting out of the car I thought 'huh'?

3. When we find out her name is 'Mels' I thought 'AHA'.

4. Time vigilantes...not a bad idea.

5. They seemed to associate the TARDIS with Melody/River though.

6. And yet Melody/River still saves the Doctor.

Interesting...
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

To top it off...

ANNNNNND...

The good man she kills is not the Doctor.

WHERE did you hear this?

And that's it Moffat's screwed with the canon if River is Evil Eye Patch Lady.....
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

WHERE did you hear this?
            There was an ad that had some very very brief clips of upcoming episodes for the seasons. In on of the clips they showed River wearing an eyepatch.

It's something you have to be paying a lot of attention to to see it because of how brief it is.

If I am right I would appreciate some green.

If not, I'll give green to the people who disagreed with me.

Comment

I'd green you if I could. Yes, that is a scene from a future episode, but taken completely out of context. In fact, based on the background of the scene in question, it may very well not even be real (in the sense that it's not an actual, in-universe fact, rather than the idea that it's been faked).

Comment

River isn't/won't be Kovarian. Two obvious reasons:
                1) What possible reason could she have to manipulate her own childhood so that she'd end up in prison?
                2) We've already seen River Song--played by Alex Kingston!!--die in Forest of the Dead.

I will, of course, toss some green your way if I'm wrong. But I'm sure I won't be.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

There was an ad that had some very very brief clips of upcoming episodes for the seasons. In on of the clips they showed River wearing an eyepatch.

It's something you have to be paying a lot of attention to to see it because of how brief it is.

If I am right I would appreciate some green.

If not, I'll give green to the people who disagreed with me.
                  A bet?! You're on.

I don't think River is Kavorian either. If I'm wrong I'll gladly give you a green.

Comment

I've been away from these forums for a while, so I don't know whether this idea on the eyepatches has been posted yet.

Kovarian wears an eyepatch.
                    Spoiler:
                    Clips from the trailer show the Doctor, River and the viking looking guy also wear eyepatches throughout the season.
                    What if, the eyepatches have an image of a Silent on them? Then you always remember they exist.

Comment

You have that backwards. Images of the Silent, like the Silent themselves, induce amnesia upon looking away.

Comment

I just hope that poster in the other thread is wrong about River being Kovarian
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It seems fairly clear that River isn't actually Kovarian... she's simply wearing an eye-patch. Which doesn't make Long John Silver, either....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            wat
                            considering the source highly unlikely
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

5. They seemed to associate the TARDIS with Melody/River though.
                              Could that be because its where the TARDIS ends up after future Doctor is killed?

River is a child of the TARDIS in a sense, would it not make sense for the TARDIS to then summon her child, as it were, to take custody of her, now her stolen Time-Lord is dead?

N.C

Comment

Another thing that I realized is that those beings the Doctor fought in The Impossible Astronaut were not The Silence since the ship refereed to The Silence as a religious order.

Many sci - fi shows are fairly predictable for me. Doctor Who, at least in the modern era is not that predictable to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X