This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was SG1 filmed?

Was it at Vancouver studios, like Atlantis and Universe?

bridge studios, vancouver, so yes

sigpic
    Sig made by squirrely1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

As in the surrounding woods of Vancouver, B.C. as well.

Comment

Yep Vancouver

Comment

On Canada's west coast it might be added.

Oh, and the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
          My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
            On Canada's west coast it might be added.

Oh, and the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
            Here's Teal'c getting ready for the downhill event on Whistler/Blackcomb mountain!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...hp?pos=-129958

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson View Post
              As in the surrounding woods of Vancouver, B.C. as well.
              and the north pole for the third movie
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                and the north pole for the third movie
                They certainly got around, didn't they?

Comment

you learn more each day.I only relised recently that Stargate was made in Canada.The impression I got when I started to watch it is that it was recorded in LA.
                  No I never read the credits until recently. I was in Vancover once for a cuple of days nice place.

Comment

Is every Stargate filmed in Canada?
                    SGA is cool.

Cancellation is not

Comment

Originally posted by ellabooray View Post
                      No just the majority
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

ok
                        i just see a lot of posts saying
                        im sick of canadian forests being used on the sets

do u have a favourite stargate series?
                        SGA is cool.

Cancellation is not

Comment

Originally posted by ellabooray View Post
                          All except the original 1994 movie. That was filmed in LA and Arizona.

A lot of Sci Fi and other shows and movies are filmed in and around Vancouver. I think there is an element of 'Canadian forest' overload as a result! It was even joked about in a show called 'Reaper' where a couple of the characters commented that the forest they were in looked very familiar as seen on TV shows all the time!

More recent shows I've noticed tend to film more tightly so you don't get too much of the background. They pick more locations that look like a generic US city area like alley ways, building fronts, etc rather than whole streets with the mountains visible at the end of them. They also pick out areas with other trees that are not pine and cedar trees, so that helps.

I have to say though, it is nice when Vancouver actually stars as itself in some shows I've seen.

Comment

I just watched season 4 and was amazed they showed a city scape that looked nothing like Colorado Springs in the background when Daniel was about to jump in The Light. Then, I was impressed at a couple scenes in Prodigy that did look like the Air Force Academy, but the commentary said they flew out there for it (still not sure if they were joking, but I think it was the hallway scene that sold Colorado Springs for me before I was a die hard fan).

One thing about Colorado Springs is that Pike's Peak looms everywhere you go. Your memory of the Wendy's drive-thru is laced with an awareness of where it is relative to you. It would have sold Colorado Springs to have included it here and there, although it might be hard to get the lighting right if they were to cut to Vancouver outdoors because CS is at such high elevation. Even though a camera can only show so much of an angle, the feel of Colorado Springs isn't limited in that way and Pike's Peak in most outdoor shots would have been consistent with the feel of Colorado Springs.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Stargate has always been filmed in and around Vancouver, using the same old forests and the same old sand pit.

However the reason the earlier series had allot more varied environments while series 8, 9 & 10 where mostly all the same Forest is due to the fact that Vancouver has apparently had loads of development's over the last 13 years. And allot of the locations and forests they filmed at in the early series have since been developed on, and turned into industrial estates.

The sand pit they had used for desert worlds like the Tok'ra homeworld, has apparently almost gone, as has that more open and rocky forest they use to use, and the Alpha site location have both gone.
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X