This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube- "Movie not loaded"

YouTube videos will not load for me. I get a black rectangle with no buttons under it, and it would even give that little orb that shows you how far along into the vid you are. It works fine in FireFox, but not with my normal browser, and that's the one I use most often. When I right click on the black rectangle, it says "Movie not Loaded."

I looked around and I read that if you write "https" in the address bar, it'll fix it, but you have to do that for every vid, and I don't want to, plus but I get a silly security window every time I change pages or ask for a video.

Any ideas?

I caught the same weirdness using the latest FireFox earlier ,Rocky.

All I did was clear the cache cookies and browser and do a reboot.Works fine now.

In laymanspeak : Yt threw a hissy.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      I caught the same weirdness using the latest FireFox earlier ,Rocky.

All I did was clear the cache cookies and browser and do a reboot.Works fine now.

In laymanspeak : Yt threw a hissy.

Thanks, but, um, how do I do that?

Comment

Depends on which OS and Browser you use.

Try the simplest method first : shut down your computer ,restart everything from scratch ,then go to YT and reload whatever you couldn't access earlier.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 March 2011, 04:24 PM. Reason: Typo zatting...
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          Thanks, but, um, how do I do that?
          Unfortunately all browsers are different so you need to specify what you are using (and version if you know it)
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

You can try using CCleaner, a free program. It will clean up all of the cookies, cache, etc for all the browsers on your PC as well as other things such as the recycle bin. If you run it when a browser is open it will let you know it can't clean the cookies, etc. when it's open with the expectation of IE it will clean that if even if it's open. It even has a registry cleaner and you can try running that too to see if it helps. There's no need to back up the registry when you fix the selected issues unless you want to.
            Last edited by planet_tv; 17 March 2011, 12:23 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
            X