No announcement yet.

The Almost People (3206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innnnteresting. Largely I found these two episodes to have bored me to tears, but what a great ending on this one. I wonder how long Ganger Amy has replaced Real Amy? We started seeing Eyepatch Lady back in Day of the Moon, could it be that we haven't seen our Amy since way back then?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
      Same here. The episode left me slightly confused, same with "The Rebel Flesh". I rewatch is in order.
      Also, during "The Flesh Doctor's" slight freakout at the beginning of the episode, did anyone else hear Tom Bakers' voice, or was that just me?
      Didn't just hear Tom Baker's voice but David Tennant's too. Also getting some lines from previous Doctor's such as the line "One day we shall get back" from the VERY first Doctor Who story An Unearthly Child was a joy and a pleasure.

Love this show.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Innnnteresting. Largely I found these two episodes to have bored me to tears, but what a great ending on this one. I wonder how long Ganger Amy has replaced Real Amy? We started seeing Eyepatch Lady back in Day of the Moon, could it be that we haven't seen our Amy since way back then?
        I get the feeling Amy hasnt been Amy for awhile...
        Dunno when they would have switched though...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          The Doctor Who Confidential for this episode says that Amy first appeared in the last few minutes of this episode. Since the beginning of Season 32 we've been watching a 'Ganger.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Didn't just hear Tom Baker's voice but David Tennant's too. Also getting some lines from previous Doctor's such as the line "One day we shall get back" from the VERY first Doctor Who story An Unearthly Child was a joy and a pleasure.

Love this show.
            Missed that bit. Loved the return of the famous "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" line, although I would have prefered to hear an audio clip of Jon Pertwee saying it like we did with Tom Bakers' "would you like a jelly baby?". Was I the only one who didn't notice David Tennants voice during the first time watching the freakout?

Matt Smith has settled so nicely into the role, that I now feel that David Tennant never was the Doctor. Feels like Matt Smith has been doing it for years. Not sure if that is a positive thing or negative thing. Depends on the fans I guess.

EDIT: Just tracked down where the jelly baby audio is from. "The Robots Of Death", 29 January to 19 February 1977. First Classic Doctor Who serial I bought on DVD. It's the exact same audio!
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

It was alright.

But next episode looks so much better.

Spoiler:

Big ass Space battle.
              People with light sabers .

Doctor child coming along.
              An inter show alien appearing from Star trek,
              A gun battle.

What more could we ask for, no old enemies showing up will undoubtedly make it better but shamefully we have got the cybermen, not as bad as Daleks, but still way over use enemy and boring.

Last edited by knowles2; 28 May 2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                It was alright.

But next episode looks so much better.

Spoiler:
                Doctor child coming along.
                An inter show alien appearing from Star trek
                A gun battle.
                Did not see those things at all in the trailer. Your imagination maybe?

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

I think knowles meant this trailer (for next week's episode). Though I spotted at least one old enemy in there.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think knowles meant this trailer (for next week's episode). Though I spotted at least one old enemy in there.
                    Still not seeing the Star Trek alien or a baby that could be the Doctors' that knowles was talking about. I'm seeing Amy with her baby. Doesn't mean to say that is the Doctors' baby aswell. Rory could have easily "got there first" .

Comment

Ah. TBH I didn't click your spoiler tag to see the ones you'd highlighted, I just assumed you had quoted his entire post

Comment

Ah. TBH I didn't click your spoiler tag to see the ones you'd highlighted, I just assumed you had quoted his entire post
                        Spoiler tags are there to be clicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                          Still not seeing the Star Trek alien or a baby that could be the Doctors' that knowles was talking about. I'm seeing Amy with her baby. Doesn't mean to say that is the Doctors' baby aswell. Rory could have easily "got there first" .
                          Spoiler:
                          The Bolian (fat blue alien) says they are using the device on the Doctor child, so there seem to be only one child i the episode, Amy Child.

This video here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h74x2

The big fat blue alien is clearly a Bolian for star trek. Or I suppose he could be a Delvian on a visit from the Farscape universe. There been a lot of blue aliens in Scifi, but could not they choose a more original color.

An it seem we even got some Jedi/ Lord Sith showing up as well from the Star wars universe. They even got the cloaks and light Sabers .

which can be seen here An you see the shoot out in that video to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h7m4l

Last edited by knowles2; 28 May 2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            The Bolian (fat blue alien) says they are using the device on the Doctor child, so there seem to be only one child i the episode, Amy Child.
                            Spoiler:
                            He doesn't specifically say it's the Doctor's kid - just that he's heard rumours about who it is, and that it'd anger the Doctor. Could easily just be "The Doctor's companion's child?!", which the Doctor wouldn't exactly take lying down either.

Comment

I liked the episode, I liked the big twist but I found alot of contradictions. For example, The Doctor said the tardis energy made the gangers real people, why didn't it do the same for ganger Amy? Also, the whole time in this 2 parter, The Doctor has been going on about how the gangers have a right to live, how they're people too and then he just went and killed ganger Amy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                I'm guessing somewhere between The Big Bang and The Impossible Astronaut (or perhaps the 4(?) month gap between TIA and Day of the Moon.

Now I'm starting to wonder if the Doctor we saw die in TIA was the danger from this episode and the age thing was just a red herring - god could the guy in the Astronaut suit be the Doctor himself? Time to go back and see what shoes the older Doctor was wearing....

My head is about to go pop trying to work this out.

btw, does The Doctor have a Sonic Screwdriver manufacturing plant in his inside pocket?
                                Last edited by Ian-S; 28 May 2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X