Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good:

I loved this ep, I was a little shocked when they took a hose to Magnus,
    Amanda Tapping was actually 10 stars, the reaction, and the fear in her face was very noticeable.

Also liked when Will touched her and she was terrified, they really spooking it.
    Mention Ashley was great, saying she wanted to end the longevity because she could not live without her daughter.

I noticed some pain in the face of Helen when Will said that Druitt had died, her reaction was unmistakable ... I also anticipate a certain romance in the air, a priori amanda said she (Helen) would have some thing with jonh .. maybe yes maybe not ... (I hope so)

The final scene very good, a vision of her office is not beautiful?
    she looked at the picture of Ashley, and noted that it will stay that way in an attempt to end the longevity.

bad:

the only thing I can say is that I wish I could see John enter the room or so and she gave him a hug ... 'd really be exciting to observe this moment romantic

note: Is not a show when Mr. Damien Kindler writes the episodes are so good, well written, structured ... well he can explore the characters especially Helen who this season is more... receptive.

Amanda is something you could not do?absolutely brilliant, it's just a matter of time before she surprised me again.

I look forward to the episode "Veritas" will be a total revolution .... kisses

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      When he said "We had a child."
      I was like WTF?! And then "Kate and I." And I'm like oh thank GOD!
      And then WTF?! Kate?!
      Same here! I thought exactly the same xD
      But I guess I would have been less chocked if it was a Helen/Will child ...LOL
      I agree with the others, if Will and Kate got together was because they were alone, and I'm sure Will already began to changed of what he was on the ep, looking more like Kate.

BTW, I have to say that I'm not going to forget the shower scene. Holy crap, Amanda was gorgeous. I was so afraid of what could happen when I saw the guys riping her clothes, I had read the spoilers before but, the scene was so intense, I couldn't stop worry how far it could have go. I was literally stuck in place, and when the scene ended, I was having tear in my eyes! Amanda really impressed me, I've heard the podcast, she said it was the hardest thing she never been asked to do... I can understand! Wood added that everybody was uncomfortable watching her in this state. Damn, Amanda is the grestest actress I know, BRAVO, BRAVO!
      Amanda tu es la meilleure! I really think it. ^^

Comment

A very good episode, with only two draw-backs:
        1. The title was a bit of a give-away if someone knows what pavor nocturnus is.
        2. This episode should have followed "Eulogy" instead of "Hero" as it would have been much more poignant.

Comment

I'm not quite as enamoured of this episode as some where. It was very good but there were a few things that bothered me:

1 - Helen's reaction to first finding herself in the ruined Sanctuary. We all know she takes everything in her stride, but even Helen Magnus would have been more affected by seeing her life's work in ruins. I was expecting much more shock and fear, even if it was just an initial reaction before she pulled herself together. I thought that was a slight mis-step in directing and/or writing.

2 - The fact that Helen was essentially looking to kill herself was all but brushed over. I thought the idea of her looking for a cure to her abnormality was such a big plot point that it deserved more build up than the 'oh I was searching for a way to stop living' quick explanation that it got. It would have been so much more powerful if hints had been dropped before, if we'd had Helen saying explicitly in previous episodes that she was tired of out living everyone, hinting at her planning something like this or even saying the she was researching a personal matter. It felt like a wasted opportunity. It may have worked better though if this episode had directly followed Eulogy.

3 - It would have been nice to have some info on what happened to Tesla. I'm not a fangirl of his but I couldn't help but wonder what he would have done in the situation - fought or hidden away?

4 - The bloody split screen. I actually quite like the effect but it was way overused in this episode. In some situations it was well utilised (showing simultaneously what Helen and Will were doing) and in some it felt utterly gratuitous. Less is more me thinks.

It was a well shot and well acted episode. It was interesting to see the possible future with the zombie apocalypse...sorry, I mean cannibals.

I loved the notion that we eventually discovered it was all Helen's fault, that she was patient zero. Very powerful stuff. I loved the notion that the first people she calls for are Will and Henry - her boys The Will/Kate stuff was a bit WTF but, as others have pointed out, made sense in the extreme circumstances. It was heartbreaking to here what happened to all the others.

As I said, a very good episode but a few things that stopped it being great in my eyes.
          sigpic
          by Kaaatie

Comment

My quick take:

The good:

Quite a harrowing time for Helen, especially early on. Helen overpowered was quite terrible to see. I thought it was quite powerful. But she was fighting the whole time.

Wonderful to see the idea that she wants a cure for her longevity after Ashley. ETA: I agree with doylefan that this felt brushed over too quickly. Helen's comment was made maybe a bit too lightly? But then again, by that time in the ep, she believes it's been 10 years since Ashley died..
            Hmmm... I'm not sure how you could have addressed the issue in this episode w/out beating the audience over the head.

A Magnus & Will episode. (I wonder if after the success of Requiem tptb decided to do another on to capitalize on them working together).

(No Kate).

Even though you knew it was somehow going to be reset, just mysterious enough re: the final resolution.

Helen's coat.

The bad:

Zombies. Really? But I'll forgive them.

Will's hair extensions.
            Last edited by jckfan55; 07 November 2009, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Great episode! At the end, it really reminded me of SG-1's "Absolute Power" with Daniel and Shifu. For some reason, I predicted that Helen was patient zero so it wasn't a big surprise for me (can't remember when/why I predicted that.). Loved the moments with Will at the end, but I wish that the other characters where there as well.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              Oh and OMG OMG OMG OMJG! I couldn't believe what happened to Helen when those guy took her away and hosed her down like that I had so many things going through me, I was really shocked to see that happening to her, I was a little scared because I didn't know what they were going to do.

I have to say Amanda was SUPER brave doing that scene, that goes beyond anything I've ever seen her do. I know she's always been nervous to do those things, but that was really brave, and I'm very proud of her. That was the first time I've seen that happen to Helen, things like that never even happened to Sam. Helen was so disrespected it was hard to watch, I really can't say enough, she was just so amazing and so believable in that one scene, I actually had real for for what could have happened to her. Bravo Amanda, that was one hell of a performance.
              First off, major bravos to Amanda! That scene was so scary. So intense.

Regarding the shower scene, I'm just confused as to why. Were they checking to see if she was infected or something?

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              OMG I agree with all of you, SO many things were going through me at once. Like I said before I was actually very afraid for Helen when they started ripping her clothes off because I didn't know how far it would go, I mean I was actually covering my mouth with my hands. It was so freaking hard to see her like that, being so degraded and disrespected like that, it could make people cry. I honestly feel that was the most painful, most intense and and powerful Helen moment EVER on the show.
              Definetely agree!

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
              something else is going to stay in my mind. i liked when Will mentioned Druitt and how he teleported a Nuke into a most heavily infected area, thus ending his life, but only because two weeks prior Helen had died.

I was watching Helen's face and the way her face registered shock and sadness was touching and my shipper brain is having a field day with it.
              Oh, mine too! Poor John. That would have been terrible for him to lose Helen.

And then WTF?! Kate?!
              LOL, me too! My heart skipped a beat and I was like "WHAT?" And then they said Kate and I was a little better. Sorry to Helen/Will shippers, but I can't see them together at all.

And regarding Kate/Will, I'm having a hard time seeing them either. I was pegging more of a Kate/Henry romance.

Originally posted by siles View Post
              A very good episode, with only two draw-backs:
              1. The title was a bit of a give-away if someone knows what pavor nocturnus is.
              2. This episode should have followed "Eulogy" instead of "Hero" as it would have been much more poignant.
              First, what is a Pavor Nocturnus?

Second, while I agree that this ep should have followed "Eulogy", I'm guessing they stuck "Hero" in there to break up all the angst. "End of Nights, Parts 1 and 2", "Hero", and "Pavor Nocturnus" all in one go could have used up the angst quota for this season!
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                Second, while I agree that this ep should have followed "Eulogy", I'm guessing they stuck "Hero" in there to break up all the angst. "End of Nights, Parts 1 and 2", "Hero", and "Pavor Nocturnus" all in one go could have used up the angst quota for this season!
                I think an episode in between would have been fine, but a more "normal" episode with a subdued Helen. Not a "comedy" episode.

Comment

awesome ep i agree seems a week late but still amazing it was the high point of an otherwise dismal Friday night TV
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome episode.

Fabulous job by AT and RD. I totally bought the "dark Will". Although the mullet was too scary.

Loved the mention of Ashley and that her loss would drive Helen to want to end her longevity. That's the kind of thing I want, not entire eps mourning Ashley but some mention, some fallout.

The zombies made me think of old Mummy movies which I love.

The other scary moment? The thought of a Kate/Will child. Nice the child was called Magnus though.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

If I remember well, in latin 'Pavor' means 'fear' or 'dread' and 'nocturnus', easy, it's 'Noctural', so that's give something like 'Nocturnal Fear', so I agree with Siles who said the title was a bit of a give-away.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                        If I remember well, in latin 'Pavor' means 'fear' or 'dread' and 'nocturnus', easy, it's 'Noctural', so that's give something like 'Nocturnal Fear', so I agree with Siles who said the title was a bit of a give-away.
                        I think it's the Latin name for night terrors so I was assuming a nightmares type thing - although that could mean several things. It could have been pointing to a vision/terrible nightmare, could have been referring to it being Helen's worst nightmare.

Interesting to speculate whether it was a proper future vision or whether it was a worst case scenario. Was the creature showing her what would definitely happen, or what could happen if she took it?
                        sigpic
                        by Kaaatie

Comment

And then WTF?! Kate?!

Me too.

Then I though about them losing so much. I tend to think the child was an accident, born out of grief. Wanted though. What a great name. Did anyone catch the middle name?

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

OMGOMGOMGOMG!! A Will/Kate child????? WTF!
                            How could they could have got together? Nubbins tribe???!

Anyway, this episode, is my favorite of all! It was just awesome, and wow... just the beginning was breathtaking Oo ....I was hoping more Helen/Will stuff... and not expecting.... well what we learned... about Kate.
                            I am not a huge Helen/Will ship because of the age difference and the mentor factor just makes it too cheesy. However I though it would be cool if Ashley and Will started to like eachother and see how Helen would react if he did something that made ashley mad. I am guessing that this could have been an Ashley/Will thing. The thought of Kate and him together caused me to throw up a little.

nubbins tribe!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                            Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I've heard the podcast, she said it was the hardest thing she never been asked to do...
                              Podcast is up already?

*checks podcast page*

Yes, yes it is!
                              http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php

Comment

I hope the Will/Kate thing keeps up But it probably wont as was pointed out.. it was probably out of grief. Him for all of them and her for... Henry? Maybe?

so... do you think the spirit was foretelling the future... or was making it up to make Helen see what type of thing could happen?
                                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                                ---
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X