No announcement yet.

Powerless (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don’t how Adam power works maybe his cells will make air for him a maybe he don’t need air because if he need air to survive why did the company use Hiro idea

I don’t think we have seen the last of him he be back
    ( I hope)

and Syler has his powers back

and the company so more bad

cant wait to see season 3
    sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      (apparently Matt and Hiro had never met?)
      Yeah, that threw me as well. I guess they never really did - they were in Kirby Plaza together, but Hiro got banished to Kensei's time after Matt got shot, and since Hiro had teleported in and wasn't in the building with everyone, there was no opportunity.
      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

I wasn't all that surprised when Nathan went down (I know they wouldn't get to go through with going public about their abilities)... but damn. If he doesn't survive, I'll be very disappointed.

As for Niki's death... meh. Saw it coming since the moment Mohinder told her he was bringing her the vaccine last week. And I'm not really all that broken up about it.

Adam getting buried alive was a nice touch... if only they leave it alone.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Destroying the virus was pretty anti-climatic. However all that other stuff in the vault.....looks cool, I want to know what it all is.
          *resists urge to make a weather joke* Yes, if we're supposed to believe that this was really the end of the virus, it was very anti-climactic indeed. All that build-up and melodrama just so The Almighty Peter can freeze time and waltz over to collect the vial. Ho-hum.

I agree about the other stuff in the vault and I wish I could believe that they were going to do something with it, but I have a bad feeling that it was just there as a Mysterious Backdrop and will serve no purpose in any future plots. Which is a sad waste of props, IMO. The cards made me think of Gambit from X-Men... but it also put me in mind of that SCIFI miniseries Lost Room, where random everyday objects had strange powers tied to them. And the brain, of course, was from the Department of Mysteries.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Yes, if we're supposed to believe that this was really the end of the virus, it was very anti-climactic indeed. All that build-up and melodrama just so The Almighty Peter can freeze time and waltz over to collect the vial. Ho-hum.
            From what I understand, the original plan was for Peter to get there too late and the vial to break, releasing the virus. The aired version was shot in case the writers strike would put a temporary end to the series, in which case, they'd want to tie up the story a little faster... The strike happened, so they did.

Personally, I was never that crazy about the whole virus storyline, so I'm all for getting it out of the way and starting Volume 3 with a clean slate.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

This is probably a really stupid question but, why didn't Peter just teleport himself into the vault rather than going through all that trouble to open it?
              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                This is probably a really stupid question but, why didn't Peter just teleport himself into the vault rather than going through all that trouble to open it?
                Because in season 2 he's an idiot. He could have phased through as well.

Or he didn't know where the vial was or what it looked liked. The company could have had several viruses in there. At least peter could have mentioned phasing through instead of ripping the vault open

Comment

Their a were lot of good a lot bad and a lot of potential.

First the good.

The entire peter and hiro fight scene, we are slowly seeing hiro evolving from naive fool to possible one of the smartiest characters on the show. Through it a shame he did not just sliced of peter head.
                  The nathan and portman landing scene was hilarious.
                  The monilog at the end, showing our heroes past actions, let hope they actually remember each other this time, it seem like everyone just forgot each other since last.
                  Nathan speech was a good, I so hope peter heals him in frontof all those tv cameras.

Now the bad

Peter stupid behaviour.
                  Syler still alive, seriously if he not dead in like the first episode of next season, I might give up on the entire show. He just so boring predictable.

Suresh why did he run to molly instead just picking that knife and stabbing syler right in the head, just to make sure he dead.

Maya, I so wanted her to become evil and take revenge on suresh and molly for killing her boyfriend.

Nikki I actually wanted her to start to get her life of track to learn to grow, but now she dead.

Now what I hope in the next season.

Peters saves nathan life demonstrating his powers to the tv cameras.

Clare goes public about the company.
                  A new enemy comes in and kill peter and syler in one single episode, as they battle each other, the new enemy just annihilate both of them single handedly, it be cool, and peter so deserve it for being so stupid.

We get suresh storyline back on track and fine out more about his dads research and how new so much about the abilities and how he knew how to fine him.

Bob dies, killed by his own daughter of cause.

Micah and Monaca goes on their super hero campagn to clean up their local neighbor hood.

And we hiro researching his dads pasted.

Comment

once mohinder revived maya i knew it would be nathan, his story this season was really dull and his death was definite definite when he said they needed to hold a press conference cool assassination monologue though.
                    "there are certain organizations that don't want you to know the truth-" BLAM BLAM BLAM
                    that won't arouse suspicionat all
                    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                      Dang! Maya didn't stay dead. Don't really care about Niki.

Go Hiro. I hope they leave Adam like that. Won't he eventually die because of lack of oxygen? Then come back. Die again. Repeat for infinity. That's worse than dying and staying dead if that's how it's gonna work. How sadistic of Hiro.

Could anyone tell who the trigger man was that killed Nathan? It wasn't HRG was it?
                      I liked Niki, I'm going to miss her. However I hated how they killed her. If she could hold up that half burning beam for Monica to get out then couldn't she have ducked under it after it fell back.

I got the impression Bob was the shooter. Nothing to really base that on but that was the 1st thing that jumped into my head.

As for the Hiro burying Adam alive - was I the only one that thought - another cliched result that's been done before, boring, move along. (Most recently that I remember - Alias series finale)

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                      If they killed Maya, it would have rendered her entire storyline pointless instead of simply annoying.
                      I thought her storyline was pointless and annoying. And the best thing you could do is get rid of her and forget it ever happened. Most disappoint part of the ep. Although since I wanted it so badly, I figured it wasn't going to happen.

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                      Peter, was as he has been for a while now, smackworthy. How many times do you have to hear from several different people that Adam is dangerous before you start plotting an out...just in case. so much power so little intelligence.
                      That was so ridiculous. I could understand the 1st time, Peter didn't know her. But after people you know and used to trust keep telling you he's bad, wouldn't you at least start to think twice about Adam's actions. Especially his reaction to Hiro. Hiro is not the type of guy to kill someone for no reason.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Well, I never saw this ending coming, with Nathan's 'Death'. It does raise the question as to whether he was actually killed or not though... Some of you are saying he was killed, others are saying that he isn't dead...

We aren't going to actually find out until Volume Three. He was shot, we know this, it is now though, just whether he will survive from it or not. It all depends how that Blood works. There are (I think) three ways this could go...

1) Nathan Died, and will be dead in the next volume.
                        2) Nathan's body healed itself, using the blood that was already in his system.
                        3) Nathan will require more of the blood, in order to survive.

A note however, I noticed some of you saying Sylar now has the ability to regenerate... If Nathan doesn't heal from his gunshot wounds, then Sylar wont have the 'regeneration' ability.

Both Nathan & Sylar have the same blood within them, thus it may only 'heal' once. If it does, then Nathan (unless they get more Blood) is out of luck. Will also be interesting to see what happens now with Claire, as Nathan is her real Dad. If he is dead, will be nice to see her reaction, but at the same time, I hope Nathan isn't dead.

As for who shot Nathan... I don't think it was his Mom, nor do I think it was Noah. I can't put my finger on it, but you do see someone walking away, someone who I don't believe we've seen before. When Ms Petrelli was on the phone, I think she was talking to the person that did shoot Nathan. I don't think she done it herself.

To match that also, I hope she dies sooner or later too.. She is starting to annoy me, and I believe that she will play an evil role at some point in this shows future.

As for Niki, I didn't think she'd be the one to die, but then, I didn't really care about her. Like most, I don't really enjoy the Monica / Micah / Niki storyline.

As for Maya, I figured Sylar would kill her, didn't think she'd come back though.. Not sure if there is any real use for her to be quite honest. I think though, she will want revenge on Sylar for the death of her Brother.

I can only hope now, that this writers strike doesn't cancel the series, as there are (as always) questions to be answered.

Edit: Also, Adam had that coming, and I guess this would have been Hiro's way of punishing Adam. Killing him would have been too easy... My only question, is how did Hiro teleport Adam into a Coffin, that is made for a single person... There couldn't have been enough room for the both of them.

Also... Was it me, or when Peter destroyed that Virus, was there something... more to it? It almost seemed (or gave off the impression) that whatever Peter did, didn't actually destroy the Virus. Would it have gone into his DNA by any chance?

Also, in regards to Niki & Nathan's departure, I'm sure we'll find out before the next volume. If you think of other shows etc (think Lost) when Charlie was killed off, Dominic stated so in an interview that he would not be back.. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of this happening with these two either.
                        Last edited by Aerilon; 05 December 2007, 02:10 AM.
                        sigpic
                        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

There are lots of ways how to save Nathan. It doesn´t have to be blood of anyone. He just can be saved, normal doctors can do that. But if Peter would be able to heal him before everyone, it would be cool.
                          And Nathan still has some Adam´s blood in his system. It, of course, shouldn´t work permanently but it could make him stronger. But I doubt that writers will try to make some "blood research" to write it properly.
                          But I think kill off Nathan makes no sense, there are many reasons. For Petrelli chemistry, so much missed in S2. They are totally lost without each other. Peter is acting like an idiot most of the time and it´s Nathan who has to get him back. Nathan saved the world twice because he saved Peter. Now, we, Nathan´s fans, again, yes, again, have to wait and I am afraid that writers are really so stupid to write him off. There is so much potential. His relationship with Claire, his family...I just don´t get it.
                          And I can´t imagine how exactly they would leave him dead with so many options to save him around. Peter might, might heal him, who knows if his blood has healing powers. Or Claire might want to save him. And his mother, probably, will want to do something, even it looks like that she wasn´t too suprised. But I believe she will want to do anything to save him. He is still her son. Writers would have to come with damn good solution to leave him dead.

And characters like hysterical Maya or pointless Micah stay.

And Niki´s presence was boring and pointless but get rid of a character when I don´t know what to do with her, it´s stupid.

I am really disappointed by Heroes this year, especially after finale. Why did they waste so much time for Claire´s flying with West, Peter with some woman in Ireland, when it has absolutely nothing to do with main storyline?
                          Last edited by Klenotka; 05 December 2007, 01:02 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            I liked Niki, I'm going to miss her. However I hated how they killed her. If she could hold up that half burning beam for Monica to get out then couldn't she have ducked under it after it fell back.
                            Well yeah I thought her death was stupid in the way they killed her, but afraid I'm not going to miss her.

As for the Hiro burying Adam alive - was I the only one that thought - another cliched result that's been done before, boring, move along. (Most recently that I remember - Alias series finale)
                            Isn't burying immortals alive how it's supposed to be done.

I don't remember it being done on Highlander, but they did do it to Angel (the vampire) when they put him in a box and chunked him in the ocean.

How else was he supposed to get rid of him? I guess he could have cut his head off to see just what would happen but other than that, I can't see Hiro shooting him in the head. Anyway, I think Hiro wanted him to suffer.

Only other thing I can think of is to go throw him in a volcano. Not totally original but it's different.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I disagree there. I loved the whole West/Claire and Peter/Caitlin thing, but maybe that's just me *shrug*

Anyways, I'd like to see Nathan survive, whether it be by Peter jumping back a few seconds and saving him or having him pull off a miraculous recovery another way (NOT involving the blood...).
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

couldn't adam eventually escape by the coffin breaking down after a few years, or him continuously punching it and it just wearing down? i mean no matter how you look at it he's going to escape. why else would part 3 be called villains i mean there's the company, who's true intentions are still unknown, i'm thinking they're anti-heroic(they have good goals but their methods are wicked) , and Sylar but other than that who are the villains.
                                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X