Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question, I haven't read everybody's posts, but I was wondering if StarGate Atlantis toys will be made? Do let me know.

Cheers!

Comment

The following consists on Stargate: Atlantis- Series 1:

Main Figures-
      Dr. Elizabeth Weir
      Field Ops Dr Weir (chase figure)
      Lt. Col John Sheppard
      Wraith Male

PREVIEWS Exclusive Figure-
      Field Ops Sheppard

Case Toppers (Unpainted Prototype Figures in White Box)-
      Dr. Elizabeth Weir
      Field Ops Dr Weir
      Lt. Col John Sheppard
      Wraith Male

Bonuses-
      Figures will have pieces of Atlantis' Blue Stargate. Unknown whether or not Series 1 will complete the Stargate or will need Series 2 to complete it.

Information was released Fall of 2006.

Originally posted by Torri Higginson's Playground View Post
      Quick question, I haven't read everybody's posts, but I was wondering if StarGate Atlantis toys will be made? Do let me know.

Cheers!

Comment

Since there has been a problem with the Sam piece DST coud release sam without a hat and she could have a p90 g.d.o and a laptop,and ofcourse the right gate peice,
        just a suggestion

Comment

Several people from Diamond Select Toys, including my contact in marketing, just came back from New York City. They were remodeling and adding items to their showroom for the American International Toy Fair, 11-14 February 2007.

New prototypes and never before mentioned items will be on display there, including new Stargate items.

Diamond Select Toys is based out of Timonium, MD (about an hour North of Washington DC and 20 min North of Baltimore, MD.

Comment

Stargate: SG-1 Series 2
            Samantha Carter Error Replacement

Diamond Select Toy’s Stargate Series 2 action figures were recently released and unfortunately due to a factory error the Samantha Carter figures were packaged with the wrong piece of the Stargate. While the Stargate does fit together with the four released pieces, the Samantha Carter piece is the same piece that came with the Jack O’Neill figure in Series 1. It was our intention for each character to have a unique piece of the gate.

In attempt to get the missing Stargate piece to our fans, we ask that they visit www.diamondselecttoys.com/gate and enter in the required information. We will send a replacement piece out as soon as possible, free of charge.

We regret this factory mistake and apologize for any inconvenience. We realize that our fans expect the highest standards from our products, and we strive for nothing less.

Comment

Does the Atlantian Gate have 4 pieces like the SG1 gate? I noticed from pictures in the toy fair that it seemed to only have 2. It also seemed to be completely attached to the base. Will we be able to build a full circle gate for a space gate, or it it periminantly attached to the base?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
                Does the Atlantian Gate have 4 pieces like the SG1 gate? I noticed from pictures in the toy fair that it seemed to only have 2. It also seemed to be completely attached to the base. Will we be able to build a full circle gate for a space gate, or it it periminantly attached to the base?

that's what I would like to know
                Does this meen that you only need wave 1 to build the SGA gateroom?
                If so please change it, I'd rather wait to get wave 1 and 2 and have a decent gate room than have 1/2 a gate stuck on 2 buffy figure bases.
                Please, please please make a cool decent sized gate room like SG command, it looks like if we get a ronin figure he'll have to duck his head to go through it.
                Love the new figures

Comment

Originally posted by gate this View Post
                  Love the new figures
                  The new Atlantis figures are indeed fantastic! DST, I was really worried about the blue/grey uniform color, and that they would just be grey, but I think you captured it perfectly! I will get multiples of each, no doubt. The translucent blue on the gate also looks fantastic. Having the gate attached to a base all the time is OK as well, but since the gate seems to be only 2 pieces, Can Series 2 come with two parts to build a space gate? I also assume that the wraith comes with the drone and Weir and Sheppard come with a gate/base piece each?
                  sigpic

Comment

DST, i have a few question to ask:
                    1. Is it possable to make the atlantis gate bigger? in the toyfair pics the gate looks too small compared to the sg-1 gate, since the bottom part is not there.

2. How many pieces will there be for the atlantis gate? is it going to be like the sg-1 series where you need two series to bulid the gate or different? in the toy fair pics it looks like it will take one series (wier and sheppard) to make the gate because there are only two pieces there plus the base. what is the offcial word on the gate pieces?

3. What kind of accesories will "field ops" have? will he have a p-90 like in the show? and will he come with a lifesign detector? also what accesories will wier have is she going to have accesories from her office? or a zpm?

4. Will michell and vala have the same arcticulation as the series 2 figures? in the toy fair pics michell doesn't have kness joints is michelle and vala going to have vest and p-90's?. and is michell and vala going to have pieces of the DHD?
                    "Daniel?"
                    "For crying out loud!!"
                    "Roddney?"
                    "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

about the Build-a feature, Where's the M.A.L.P????
                      Who comes with what does the prior come with the whole M.A.L.P,
                      Mitchell and Vala the D.H.D and does BLK ops Jackson have another gate piece?
                      You do know the DHD is wrong, sticky things point up not down. Has someone put it together wrong or did you mean it to look like that.

Tar

Comment

,this has already been ask by me ,but does,anyone know when part six wil be up?,thanks

Comment

If the Q&A is done anytime soon, just a suggestion for some questions to not include since they have already been answered from recent pics, releases and Toy Fair coverage. That way we make sure to get as many updated questions asked as possible.

-Will the atlantis vests be based upon the actual Atlantis vests or should we expect the SG-1 vests to be used on them? (The Atlantis vests ARE different after all.) - (Answered by pics of the figures at Toy Fair)

-What will Replicarter's official accessories be other than 2 Replicators & an alternate hand? - (Answered by pics of packaged Replicarter)

-Will the Wraith in SGA Series 1 be a male, a female or a grunt? - (Answered by pics of the figures at Toy Fair)

-Will Replicarter come with Carter's stargate piece or entirely different accessories? - (Answered by pics of packaged Replicarter)

will black ops Teal'c come with the same acessories as offworld Teal'c - (Answered by release of Series 2)

-How many waves will be shown at ToyFair? - (Answered by coverage of Toy Fair)

Comment

What is the difference between a male Wraith and a Wraith grunt anyway? Is the figure that is coming a grunt?

Comment

Hi all,

Part 6 is being rushed off to DST today, but with those guys busy all week at Toy Fair, they won't get to dig into them until next week. You'll find the answers on the main site as soon as we get them.

In the meantime, let me reiterate the very specific RULES for this thread:

1) This thread is for asking questions to Diamond Select Toys. It is not for discussion of the figures or the questions asked. We have lots of other threads for that, including this one, this one, and this one.

2) Please do not use your question just to make suggestions to DST. They know that everyone has their favorite recurring character or great idea for a prop. This thread is for specific questions.

3) DST has stated in past Q&As that they have no intention of making ships or playsets (other than the Stargates themselves, and their accessories). If we find out this has changed that's great, but for now please limit your questions to action figures and action figure accessories.

4) Please don't post answers to other people's questions here, even if you know it. I know, it's kind of an odd request. But it only sparks back-and-forth discussion that gets the thread off topic. Rest assured that when I cull the thread to send the next batch of questions, I'll do my best to exclude those that have already been answered publically.

Thanks! Keep the questions coming for the next round. Please be as precise as possible, and avoid "Are you going to make [X, Y, or Z]" questions. We got a ton of those this round, and I'll bet you that the answer to 99 percent of them will be: "Could be. No plans now, but we'll see."
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi DST,

The Atlantis Dr Weir and Colonel Sheppard figures have incredible details and likeness to Ms Higginson and Mr Flannigan! - Are the tactical vests removable from the field Ops versions, or are they moulded to the torso? Do the standard figures come with tac vests like the SG1 figures?
                                Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 14 February 2007, 09:21 AM.
                                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X