Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrection

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

Spoiler:
    Reese's hand shot out like an arrow and gripped Third's wrist in a vice. ~Do not tempt me Third, or you will regret waking from your last hibernation.~ She hissed, her snarl woud please any Hive Queen, her golden eyes venomous and she bared her pointed canines, dripping with enzyme. Throwing his hand back with force and releasing it she then spoke calmly. "It is irrelevent the number Third, the fact that this is happening should make us fear. With rapidly dwindling food stocks, it will lead to open war between hives. The sooner we get to the bottom of this and find the cause, the better." She turned her head to thalinus.

"Tell me Thalinus, these cullings, they are leaving a few behind, perhaps as witnesses to spread fear, yes?"
    {Third-in-Command}

The Wraith rumbled a warning, but closed his fist, clenching his fingers around the maw in his hand. If the Commander's child thought she could manage this, then he would allow her to continue to do so. The Third inclined his head slightly, and stepped away, sliding a tendril of thought into the man's mind, easing along the pathways like a worm. This might assist her.

"Oh," he murmured, allowing a small amount of amusement into his deep voice, "I believe you could be right, Bane."
    sigpic

Comment

{Bullseye}

Spoiler:
      ~ Of course, the science of genetics is more important than ever now as well. If I had the aptitude to contribute solutions for the feeding issues, I would, but my strengths are more in the mechanical fields. ~

Bullseye tried to imagine someone like himself or the Chief Engineer Hasten keeping up with hive damage with limited knowledge. He kept his thoughts to himself that the birth hive of the apprentice sounded like it was doomed, if it wasn’t wiped out already. He wondered about the nature of the Queen that ran it, if it still had a Queen. Having so few clevermen was as much of a weakness as not having enough blades or warriors.

Then, his mind bent toward the lessened number of warriors the First Watch Captain and Handler Ease had to direct now. Steelflower, although convincing enough that those like the Dart Master Precision were enthralled by her, would not be creating batches of replacement warriors for the hive.

If Glades’s birthhive had an inexperienced or malleable Queen on board, perhaps her hive could be absorbed into this alliance. For the potential benefit of both hives, it was worth a try to get more information.

~ It sounds like your birth hive doesn’t have many on board. Is the Queen young? ~

{Glade}

Glade remained silent when Bullseye addressed the feeding issues. Even though he didn't have much experience, he knew very well that having an unpopular opinion could well be one's death warrant. Before he stated his own thoughts on the matter he needed to know more about the general attitude on this ship. He was aware that Guide's hive was considered to be a very progressive hive, open to new scientific solutions that included research on how to feed on substantial food rather than life force. This modern attitude was the main reason why he'd come here.

Unlike most older Wraith he still remembered and treasured the feeling of eating solid food. Feeding on humans gave him pleasure as well but he hadn't quite come to terms with it yet, and it had always seemed to him there had to be a better way, especially with the Hoffan disease around and hives fighting each other over sparse feeding grounds. Then there had been the incident with the worshipper on his birth-hive, he had no intention of confessing to anyone...

He nodded. ~Yes, I do have an inkling our future will depend on our ability to modify our genetics.~

~ It sounds like your birth hive doesn’t have many on board. Is the Queen young? ~

That question caught Glade by surprise and he pondered how much to give away. ~My birth hive had been weakened by a succession of battles and the Queen had been on the verge of being forced into an alliance when I decided to leave. I did not think that new alliance would suit my personal aims as it is under control of a mighty and very traditional Queen who does not believe in progress.~

((OOC: This might hint at Queen Death - or it might not, depending on which direction 'New Seaons' steers into.))

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
        {Glade}
        Spoiler:

{Glade}

Glade remained silent when Bullseye addressed the feeding issues. Even though he didn't have much experience, he knew very well that having an unpopular opinion could well be one's death warrant. Before he stated his own thoughts on the matter he needed to know more about the general attitude on this ship. He was aware that Guide's hive was considered to be a very progressive hive, open to new scientific solutions that included research on how to feed on substantial food rather than life force. This modern attitude was the main reason why he'd come here.

Unlike most older Wraith he still remembered and treasured the feeling of eating solid food. Feeding on humans gave him pleasure as well but he hadn't quite come to terms with it yet, and it had always seemed to him there had to be a better way, especially with the Hoffan disease around and hives fighting each other over sparse feeding grounds. Then there had been the incident with the worshipper on his birth-hive, he had no intention of confessing to anyone...

He nodded. ~Yes, I do have an inkling our future will depend on our ability to modify our genetics.~

That question caught Glade by surprise and he pondered how much to give away. ~My birth hive had been weakened by a succession of battles and the Queen had been on the verge of being forced into an alliance when I decided to leave. I did not think that new alliance would suit my personal aims as it is under control of a mighty and very traditional Queen who does not believe in progress.~

((OOC: This might hint at Queen Death - or it might not, depending on which direction 'New Seaons' steers into.))

{Bullseye}

Interesting responses. Bullseye never specified any type of feeding solution, but Glade spoke of progressiveness as a reason for coming to this hive and was open to genetic modification. It was only confirmation that other hives probably knew about and disapproved of the repeated Lantean alliances, such as the defeat of the ZPM powered hive. It was also possible that another hive found the infected remnants of the lost hive that had split in two after the gene therapy Fair One worked so hard on had failed.

Bullseye said nothing to confirm or deny whether he meant genetic modification, cloning, circumventing the Hoffan plague, something new, or any combination thereof. He didn't know Glade's past and attributed the other's progressive views to his scientific ambitions. He let his next statement indirectly reveal more about his own political views:

~ A progressive mindset lends itself well to the interest in wormhole physics. Without the Ancients, the Lanteans known as Dr. McKay and Dr. Zelenka would be the best minds to collaborate with if new stargates should ever be built. Of course, they would be reluctant to collaborate with Wraith on such a project in the present conditions. ~

Bullseye was already prepared for the disappointment of not having the option to annex another hive or find a Queen who would cooperate with the Commander. Still, it was worth the try.

~ I was thinking your old hive sounded like one in need of an alliance. It is unfortunate that someone else has already made that conclusion. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          {Third-in-Command}
          Spoiler:

The Wraith rumbled a warning, but closed his fist, clenching his fingers around the maw in his hand. If the Commander's child thought she could manage this, then he would allow her to continue to do so. The Third inclined his head slightly, and stepped away, sliding a tendril of thought into the man's mind, easing along the pathways like a worm. This might assist her.

"Oh," he murmured, allowing a small amount of amusement into his deep voice, "I believe you could be right, Bane."

"LEAVE HIM BE!" She hissed and almost back handed Third but stayed her hand. "We have more important issues at stake Third than petty squabbles between you and I. Now, I have contacts as you know on many worlds." She breathed in deeply and ploughed on."I believe that with your approval I will take my man here and seek out the truth behind these attacks..." Her words were broken by a mental broadcast across the ship.

<Bridge Cleverman>

~Alert, those Alien ships...one has broken away and headed directly for us~

Comment

{Third-in-Command}

The Third whirled out of the way of Reece and the human, as the cleverman's voice echoed across the bridge. Moving to the command console, he slipped his fingers into the cups, and closed his eyes. Information streamed towards him, the semi-sentient hive gathering data that he dissected, and analysed almost instantly.

"Begone," he snapped, the all too present danger to the crew and ship eclipsing any resentment he held for Bonewhite's daughter. "Take the Worshipper and find out what you can." As she made to leave the bridge, he added, "Ensure you do not bring attention to yourself, Bane. We do not need the added anxiety of a mission poorly executed."

Turning back to the controls, Third centred again on the ship approaching them far too fast. "Ready weapons!"
            Last edited by Isolde; 24 February 2011, 11:50 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

{Hasten/Chief Engineer - NPC}

Hasten snarled with disgust that the hive was being attacked again so soon, tearing him away from the Daedalus schematics. They had no Queen. Now, it was no Guide, Kenny, or Shrike. Everything fell on the Third. Hasten made his way to the bridge to analyze the readings of unknown ship as it got closer for possible structural weaknesses that could advise the Third to be targeted.

At least the ship was battle-worthy again. Hopefully, the solar stream’s energy would continue to give them an edge as the ship basked in and absorbed the plentiful energy.

He stopped in front of a bridge technician. ~Bring up visual and infrared readings of the ship on two different screens as it approaches. Enlarge the readings as much as possible. ~

Comment

{Rhys}

Rhys cursed inwardly. Not another battle! He bent over the nearest terminal and tried to make sense of the readings.

Not a good time to talk to Bane either. The beaming technology has to wait until we see if we survive another day.

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                  {Third-in-Command}

The Third whirled out of the way of Reece and the human, as the cleverman's voice echoed across the bridge. Moving to the command console, he slipped his fingers into the cups, and closed his eyes. Information streamed towards him, the semi-sentient hive gathering data that he dissected, and analysed almost instantly.

"Begone," he snapped, the all too present danger to the crew and ship eclipsing any resentment he held for Bonewhite's daughter. "Take the Worshipper and find out what you can." As she made to leave the bridge, he added, "Ensure you do not bring attention to yourself, Bane. We do not need the added anxiety of a mission poorly executed."

Turning back to the controls, Third centred again on the ship approaching them far too fast. "Ready weapons!"
                  ~By your leave my Lord~ She sent to him with a touch of melancholy, Reese thought it was going to be much harder, she always enjoyed her spats with him, she had to add at he end.

~Do not judge me hard Third, you know you're in my heart~ The was a slight melody to her thoughts as she led Thalinus to the Dart bay.

"Come Thalinus,tell me how Nibiru fares on our way. we'll not take the drones, we need subtley."

Comment

{Bullseye}

Just as the warning was issued, Bullseye watched the sensor’s readings as one of the three ships broke off and started to make its way to the hive. He grabbed the data tablet, turned to Glade, and excused himself from the sensor cluster.

~ I must get ready to man one of the weapons arrays. It looks like you have mastered the workings of the sensors. If you have any further questions after this impending battle, feel free to ask. ~

He walked rapidly through the halls, putting the data tablet back and stopping off briefly at his quarters before staffing his station.

Comment

{Glade}

Glade hissed in alarm as he received the news and his hands clenched involuntarily. 'Not again,' he thought. 'It looks as if the entire galaxy is out to get us today.' He watched Bullseye leave and quickly sent his telepathic gratitude. ~Thank you for taking your time. Let us hope it will not come to a battle.~

Heading towards the transporter, Glade mentally prepared for action and listed in his head the things he would need in case he would have to do repairs. In case the unknown ship attacked. In case they survived such an attack - from what he had gathered from the sensor readings the ship was very dangerous to this old, battered hive.

Activating the transporter he vanished in a flash of light, only to be rematerialised three decks below at his station where he was expected to report to his superior in cases of emergency. Other clevermen of various ranks sped along the hallway, their minds emitting stress and attentiveness. Glade stepped out of the transporter and sent a message out to Darkness, his senior cleverman who would send him to his next assignment.

Comment

{Astor}

Astor walked quickly towards the dart bay passing by other wraith who were scurrying past him. He had experience in flying darts and was willing to use that experience in defending the hive. Along the way other wraith pilots joined him to the dart bay to be ready incase they were needed. Astor sent out a message to the bridge.

~I am heading to the dart bay with the others. We will be ready to defend the ship with the darts if necessary.~

((ooc: I changed the ending to Astor's last post so he could help out with the possible attack on the ship.)
                        Last edited by Leeta; 25 February 2011, 02:37 PM. Reason: edit
                        The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

{Bullseye}

<weapon turret>

Bullseye took up position at a weapon turret, preferring a more manual sighting style. He flexed his trigger-happy hands and placed them on the controls, his mind thinking about all the new situations his people faced.

What business did these others have that were about to attack? Were they like the Tau’ri, from some other galaxy?

He thought about his conversation with Glade and about the gene therapy Lastlight and Fair One worked on that resulted on the loss of feeding slits. He didn’t want to lose his, for that meant the loss if The Gift of Life too. Even if every human and Wraith could resolve their differences, there would still be the need for the Gift of Life because of unknown dangers like the ship that came for them now.

He wondered where he would shoot first when the other ship came within weapons range.

{Hasten/Chief Engineer - NPC}

<bridge>

Hasten gave his situational assessment to Third, so that the other could begin to formulate an optimal battle strategy.

~ The hive is still in position to benefit from the solar stream; energy reserves for the energy weapons are not a concern for us at this time. The unknown cargo and propulsion systems of this ship could be of concern. If it explodes at close range, it could produce a shockwave large enough to destroy us too. ~

To the technician monitoring the sensory readings, he added with confidence, ~ When this ship comes into view, be sure to record all readings for later study after this battle is over. ~
                          Last edited by WraithTech; 26 February 2011, 02:41 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

{Third-in-Command}

~Yes... ~ He hissed the reply, already calculating the time of arrival for the enemy ship.

Drawing a deep breath over his sensory pits, Third tasted the emotions running through the bridge - tension, fear, and a kernel of hope they might prevail. If he had his way, they would do more than that. Concentrating, he began the steady shift to bring the hive's broadside into the matter stream, feeling the warmth on the outer hull as she moved into position.

~Weapons readings for the enemy? ~ he growled, and flicked his eyes open. ~Ready the darts for attack...~
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              ~By your leave my Lord~ She sent to him with a touch of melancholy, Reese thought it was going to be much harder, she always enjoyed her spats with him, she had to add at he end.

~Do not judge me hard Third, you know you're in my heart~ The was a slight melody to her thoughts as she led Thalinus to the Dart bay.

"Come Thalinus,tell me how Nibiru fares on our way. we'll not take the drones, we need subtley."

{Rhys}

Watching the child lead away the worshipper, Rhys seized his last opportunity to talk to her. ~Bane, I need to inform you that Shrike has made it highest priority to adapt the Lantean beaming technology to our systems. I will therefore begin with the work on the Lantean data while you are away. When you came back you can assist me~ – he enjoyed the slow emphasis on the word – ~That is, if the hive still exists when you come back.~ With a growl he turned his attention back to the screen in fornt of him where the threatening shape of the strange ship grew bigger at an alarming rate.

Comment

Third-in-Command
                                ~Ready the darts for attack...~

{Blades} - NPCs

<Dart Bay>

With well-trained speed and effectiveness the dart pilots hurried to their crafts, jumping into the cockpits and checking the systems. The engines hummed to life and the first batch of darts gently lifted off the ground, their pilots intently focused on the readings they got of the hostile ship, assessing the situation and telepathically communicating and debating which attack formation would be best suited to test the strength and weaknesses of this unknown build of ship.

Even though there was a certain amount of dismay at being called to defend the hive once more so soon, the pilots were ready for battle as they steered their sleek vessels towards the huge hangar bay door.

((OOC: Sorry about the double post. Thought it would be easier to read that way.))

Comment

Working...
                                X