Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    More House inspiration, kind of anti-climatic through.
    Indeed. So are we going to be seeing more psychological episodes in the future?
    Good episode well worth the wait looking forward to seeing what the Chinese are doing
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Ahhrg! Those ******* chinese! They doomed Earth to slavery under the der´kal!
      sigpic

The replicator isnt running away, he is just, um, shifting fase

Comment

great episode..
        the best part was that it had a swede in it... even tough she died..
        McKay: "We need the Zed-Pee-Em to power the gate."
        O'Neill: "Huh?"
        Daniel: "Zee-Pee-Em. He's Canadian."
        O'Neill (to McKay): I'm sorry.

Comment

That was a great ep.

Comment

Okay, I'm re-posting "Requiem, Part 1" here in order to free up space on the second post of this thread for new things Check the second post of this thread often to see the updates... coming soon!
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

((And now, the season premiere of Stargate: SG-1!))

12x01 "Requiem, Part 1" (Part 1 of 2)
              Synopsis: The Nox approach Earth and other major galactic powers about forming a new Alliance of Great Races in the wake of the Ori defeat.
              Spoiler:
              Dressed in business-like clothing, SG-1 (Mitchell, Daniel, Carter, and Vala) arrives in the ISGC's gate room, which doesn't look very different from its days before the Program was revealed. However, there are now international soldiers patrolling about, and a camera crew can be seen interviewing Dr. Lam a ways off in the hallway. It is a strange sight to see civilians and non-Air Force personnel about, but it seems welcomed. The world is changing for the better, and at last, they don't have to hide in the shadows while they save it.

Standing in the control room, General Landry wishes the team good luck, but asks that they try to be careful. After all, the war with the Ori left Earth a bit drained, and with the crippled Odyssey being recycled into parts for newer DSC-304s, they don't have many ships to send out to rescue them. Vala cheerfully replies that they'll do their best, not really boosting anyone's confidence given her track record, and then the gate is dialed to an address that seems vaguely familiar. The team steps through the wormhole and is transported to an old, old place they had thought long-since destroyed; Heliopolis. Amazingly, the fortress has been rebuilt, and looks grander than ever, boasting a seamless blending of Asgard, Lantean, and Nox design. This is to be the new meeting place of the a Alliance of Great Races, consisting of the most powerful and advanced factions in the galaxy. That is, if the Nox have their way and negotiations go as smoothly as they hope.

SG-1 is greeted at the gate by Teal'c and Bra'tac, here as ambassadors representing the Jaffa Nation's interests and dressed appropriately. All around are dozens of Jaffa, Nox, Serrakin/Hebridanians, and Tok'ra, hurrying about the newly-constructed Helopolis citadel. Looking at the work approvingly, the two Jaffa dignitaries explain that the Nox contacted them following the Third Battle of Chulak ("Amazing Grace"), praising them for their unyielding bravery in the face of the Ori invasion, and inviting them into the new Alliance they were assembling. Apparently, the legacy of the Asgard has rung true, and the Fifth Race has indeed risen to the occasion. Mitchell points out that it was largely the Ancients that defeated the Ori, not them, but the sentiment is appreciated all the same.

After pleasantries are exchanged all around, the six of them make their way through the grand halls of the fortress towards the rebuilt chamber where Daniel once observed the Alliance's "universal language" of subatomic particles. He lingers in the doorway for a moment with Carter, remembering their first true glimpse of a galactic society, then rejoins the group. They enter a large chamber with Lantean-style chairs placed around a very Asgard-designed table, designated as the meeting hall for this and future sessions. Standing at the head of the table is Anteaus of the Nox ("The Nox"), who passes along his daughter Lya's greetings and thanks all the representatives for attending. Also seated here are five Hebridanians, one being Samantha Carter's racing partner Warrick ("Space Race"), and two Tok'ra. SG-1 is slightly shocked to find that one of the Tok'ra representatives is none other than their old acquaintance Anise ("Upgrades"), who seems positively thrilled to see them again.

Then the talks begin in earnest, and Anteaus wastes no time getting down to business; the Nox wish to unite all five of the assembled races into a military, economic, and political faction which can, in essence, safeguard the galaxy and help with the advancement of the others. To accomplish this, though, they will have to work together, and to that end, he asks each race what they have to offer to the Alliance, both as a sign of goodwill and to demonstrate their own unique talents:

- Anteaus himself says the Nox would bring superior cloaking and medical technology to the others..
              - Anise replies that the Tok'ra have an extensive spy network, and their intergalactic sensory, tracking, and communications systems are second to none.
              - The Jaffa, through Bra'tac, offer a simply gargantuan fleet to protect the other races, as well as an offer to construct ships and weapons for others using the leftover shipyards they took from the System Lords.
              - Warrik, citing the Tech Con Group's recent advances, offers ion-based weaponry, power, and engine systems from his people.

For a moment, SG-1 doesn't know what to offer, as Earth as a whole cannot really bring much of anything the others don't already have. But then Daniel remembers something that is uniquely in the hands of the Tau'ri, and he stands to address the other dignitaries:

- The Tau'ri offer to extend an invitation to the Alliance to join them on the city of Atlantis, to explore the technology of the Ancients and help unravel the mysteries they left behind. In addition, Earth offers access to the knowledge base of the Asgard to the others, to share the legacy the great race bequeathed to them before their died.

Anteaus is impressed, as are the others, and accepts the proposals from all the races. The group then breaks its discussion for a short time to allow for an intermission, and the different races splinter off into their own circles to talk and go over the proceedings. Mitchell is showing some reservations, saying that Earth can't really offer anything right now, as control of the gate is still contested between the United Nations and United States. But Carter quickly reminds him that humanity is united for the moment, regardless of the situation around the gate, and that offering up a place on Atlantis was generous enough for now.

After they talk, Daniel makes his way back to the Library, where he activates the "universal language" device and is shocked to find it translated into English the second he speaks up. Anise walks in behind him, pleased to see him and explaining that that was a Tok'ra addition, an auto-translator, for those that could not grasp the molecular code quite yet. She opens a section on the Tau'ri for him, and proceeds to point out how it hides nothing; the database outlines exactly how violent and xenophobic humans can be, but also makes an effort to stress how generous they have been to other races, and how they all owe them a great debt for their actions.

A long silence ensues, after which Daniel thanks Anise for showing this to him. Before anything else can be said, however, the entire citadel shakes, and the two rush to the gate room. There they find SG-1, Anteaus, and Teal'c already gathered around one of the chamber's large viewing areas. Through the window, they can see out over the cliffs nearby, and Vala spots an al'kesh landing on the closest beach. Before it touches down, though, its staff canon lifts and fires a few rounds into the side of the fortress, shaking the entire structure. There is a loud explosion, but thankfully the building holds, demonstrating the superiority of Nox building materials.

Mitchell asks who is firing on them, but no one seems to know any more than he does. Anteaus explains that there are no weapons mounted on the Citadel, but that there are several Jaffa ships in orbit should this conflict escalate. Stunned, Teal'c notes that this al'kesh looks nothing like the ones employed by his people, and has no idea how it slipped past their forces at all. But then the communications terminal activates, and a man no one seems to recognize appears onscreen, coldly announcing his presence and making his intentions quite clear:

"I bring you both greetings and tidings of destruction; your final judgment is at hand."

TO BE CONTINUED
              Last edited by s09119; 16 January 2011, 01:20 PM.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Please note the change in thread title

Thank you, mods!

Comment

I liked th old one better.

Comment

I liked th old one better.
                    And yet, it won't always be correct

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      And yet, it won't always be correct
                      I thought there was ging to be a new thread for the Atlantis continuation.

Comment

I thought there was ging to be a new thread for the Atlantis continuation.
                        But then I'd have to rack up nearly 100,000 views all over again... and besides, this way I can keep people reading the SG-1 stuff after it's finished.

Comment

Good episode, but not sure how I feel about the end. i kinda felt let down that it was all in their heads. I mean, I know all about how people can make themselves sick and get better, but I just don't see that happening on the outside too.

Looking forward to a Chinese heavy-episode. Glad you are doing it.

Also cool about the admins and the changes to this section of the forum. Good to know that you are gaining popularity.
                          Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                          sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Awesome episode man, loved it.

Didn't see that ending coming but i remember that house episode, classic.

Timothy Zahn is an incredible author, been reading alot of his books lately.

Lt. Col. Mcoy, i don't know how ur seeing Roslin, Talbot is completely different, younger too i presume.

s09119, we know the U.N and the U.S. have a ship left and now so do the chinese somehow, just wondering when we find out the make up of Earth's remaining ships.

p.s. you said there was the Jupiter - 305, 4 -304's and 3 - 303's but when i re-read Star by Star you listed this combination of ships escaping and then we saw a 304 i think destroyed after a bombinng run before it could open a hyperdrive window, and left us wondering whether it was the aurora or not.

Of course we gotta keep guessing if it was or wasn't the aurora but i was just wondering exactly what military assets the Earth remnant has, including F-302's,-302b's, hovertanks factories production facilities for weapons or ships. And if u accidently made a mistake on the composition of Earth's remaining Fleet.

great story, glad ur computer's back and sorry if anything i say is annoying or too critical or what not, sorry.

Comment

nice idea, with a bitter/foul taste at the end:

EARTH SHALL NEVER FALL -.- we maybe invaded but i if the abyss draws closer we would fight to the bitter end (meaning: after this fight we have either won or there is no more Tauri left, this goes at least for the US, the Russians, the chinese, the united kingdom, the french and the german parts of the world i'd say as soldiers are tought to fight for the cause till there is either victory to be gained or till they themselves are dead, even more if your homeword, a lot of civilians (among them your family - even if you do not have children yourself you most likely have relatives of some kind) and your very culture are at risk of annihilation!

greetings LAX
                              ps: does this new enemy have any kind of cultural background (in the history of earth, like the goa'uld playing "god" on earth)?

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral - Earth View Post
                                Awesome episode man, loved it.

Didn't see that ending coming but i remember that house episode, classic.
                                It seems House fans = Stargate fans around here...

Timothy Zahn is an incredible author, been reading alot of his books lately.
                                That he is

Lt. Col. Mcoy, i don't know how ur seeing Roslin, Talbot is completely different, younger too i presume.
                                Danielle Talbot is indeed younger; she's only in her late 30s to very early 40s.

s09119, we know the U.N and the U.S. have a ship left and now so do the chinese somehow, just wondering when we find out the make up of Earth's remaining ships.
                                All that's been revealed so far is the Jupiter, though Maj. Eaton noted in "Severed Dreams" that they do have at least one DSC-304 remaining. What else is left in the Tau'ri fleet will be shown soon enough.

p.s. you said there was the Jupiter - 305, 4 -304's and 3 - 303's but when i re-read Star by Star you listed this combination of ships escaping and then we saw a 304 i think destroyed after a bombinng run before it could open a hyperdrive window, and left us wondering whether it was the aurora or not.

Of course we gotta keep guessing if it was or wasn't the aurora but i was just wondering exactly what military assets the Earth remnant has, including F-302's,-302b's, hovertanks factories production facilities for weapons or ships. And if u accidently made a mistake on the composition of Earth's remaining Fleet.
                                Earth only has a few F-302s and their bomber variants, mostly just a squadron at the Beta Site and then whatever the ships can carry (as well as their normal complement of jumpers). As for tanks, I don't think there's any of them; Earth's new group of them was on Nueva during the battle over Earth, and it's doubtful they were extracted when so many civilians still had to be moved at the same time. The survivors do not, unfortunately, have anything in the way of manufacturing capabilities at the Beta Site, and as such they're relying completely on the Alliance for munitions and other such things.

great story, glad ur computer's back and sorry if anything i say is annoying or too critical or what not, sorry.
                                Thanks, and it's no problem

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                                EARTH SHALL NEVER FALL -.- we maybe invaded but i if the abyss draws closer we would fight to the bitter end (meaning: after this fight we have either won or there is no more Tauri left, this goes at least for the US, the Russians, the chinese, the united kingdom, the french and the german parts of the world i'd say as soldiers are tought to fight for the cause till there is either victory to be gained or till they themselves are dead, even more if your homeword, a lot of civilians (among them your family - even if you do not have children yourself you most likely have relatives of some kind) and your very culture are at risk of annihilation!

greetings LAX
                                ps: does this new enemy have any kind of cultural background (in the history of earth, like the goa'uld playing "god" on earth)?
                                There's definitely a resistance of some kind on Earth, and that'll be seen soon, trust me.

And the Der'kal are an extragalactic race; they only arrived in the Milky Way a few thousand years ago, and only really noticed Earth with its rise to power after the fall of the System Lords. So no, they didn't shape any civilization here.

Comment

Working...
                                X