Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there!

I recently watched all seasons of Sanctuary and I am completely in love with Magnus and Druitt's screwed up relationship....

Btw, what the heck was that with Tesla???? Seriously.....

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      Chris Heyerdahl was just cast in a major recurring role on True Blood. So even if there is a season five of Sanctuary, I'm betting there's no John.
      Well, True Blood is a summer show, its filming shooting schedule should be different that the winter shows' schedules, right? Maybe Chris will be done with True Blood by the time he is needed as John in Sanctuary....

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
        Hey there!

I recently watched all seasons of Sanctuary and I am completely in love with Magnus and Druitt's screwed up relationship....

Btw, what the heck was that with Tesla???? Seriously.....
        Hi, there! Always nice to see new posters!
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Hi, there! Always nice to see new posters!
          Ah, Hi!! I was beginning to think this topic is completely and utterly dead.... not surprising considering the complete disappearance of Druitt in season 4.... At this point I stopped hoping to see him back even if they get a 5th season...

Comment

Ah, Hi!! I was beginning to think this topic is completely and utterly dead.... not surprising considering the complete disappearance of Druitt in season 4.... At this point I stopped hoping to see him back even if they get a 5th season...
            I think we're just a little discouraged....
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
              I think we're just a little discouraged....
              Yeah.... but, honestly, do you think they would bring Druitt back if there is a 5th season? They showed that they can do an entire season without him and someone(I don't remember who) said he is dead. So even if there is season 5, why bother bringing back the dead? It is not really the show's style to bring back dead people..... ((

Comment

At this point, I don't care who said what. If it's not directly confirmed onscreen, there's a possibility for resurrection. And even if there is direct confirmation onscreen, this is the kind of show where it doesn't matter.

There's flashbacks, there's alternate realities, there's feats of science and the natural world that boggles the mind.

So no, I don't think Druitt is dead, and yes, I think they could bring him back, if Chris Heyerdahl was amenable and available.

And it might not be their style, given what happened to Ashley and Watson and all, but I like to think that in the four years since we were introduced to the Sanctuary verse, Helen has lost too many people for us to write Druitt off so easily. Especially since in my mind they are the OTP of the verse.

Comment

To me the big thing is that Amanda said he wasn't dead. She said we don't know what happened to him. I think John's disappearance in season 4 wasn't about plot but about CH's filming schedule for Hell on Wheels, because he had to have hair! So he could only show up as the Big Guy.
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Hello everyone! Long time no see/talk. I come bearing a wallie. Part of my Gothic Song Lyrics series.

I've been trying to get the idea for this one done for months and I finally got around to it. Text is from the song "What Have You Done?" by Within Temptation.

Edit:
                    The song is a duet between two lovers.
                    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

hey I was just watching the episode where John an Helen are in the carriage and he is thanking her for curing him, so he no longer feels like a freak of nature or a devil... I am confused... Did John had some other abnormality before the source blood? Because Helen never cured him from his bloodlust, so what is it he claims she has cured him from??

Comment

hey I was just watching the episode where John an Helen are in the carriage and he is thanking her for curing him, so he no longer feels like a freak of nature or a devil... I am confused... Did John had some other abnormality before the source blood? Because Helen never cured him from his bloodlust, so what is it he claims she has cured him from??
                        I was just watching the webisodes last night, so I can answer this!! In the webisodes, John had the Abnormality to warp dimensional space (teleport, if you will) before he met Helen. Through Helen, it is assumed that she helped him accept his Abnormality, learn to control it, and thereby better his health.

I'm not sure how much of that translates into how they spun the Source Blood twist in the TV series. And I'm not totally positive in this, but I also believe that historically, Montague John Druitt was predisposed to mental illness. His mother was institutionalized, and various family members had either committed or attempted suicide.

This shadow of hereditary insanity might have fed into what he said to Helen that night... I'll have to watch the TV episode again to make a more informed theory. Hope that helps for now though!

Comment

Thanks, selene, it does help! But watch the episode again, because I am still unclear... he talks as if he has an abnormality different than mental illness...

And, by the way, I am so disappointed they did not include in the episodes that "I will have my way with you" phrase that Helen says It sounds soo cute and playful and flirty.... I wonder if she was serious or just teasing....

Comment

Thanks, selene, it does help! But watch the episode again, because I am still unclear... he talks as if he has an abnormality different than mental illness...

And, by the way, I am so disappointed they did not include in the episodes that "I will have my way with you" phrase that Helen says It sounds soo cute and playful and flirty.... I wonder if she was serious or just teasing....
                            I love that part! So ballsy for the times, and it perfectly captures the chemistry the two of them share. And the look she gives him with that smile is incredibly sexy. "I'll not have you home before midnight, John Druitt- not before I have my way with you." Sheer brilliance!

And I also love the smile John has when she accepts his proposal and kisses him. It conveys his nerves, his happiness, and his joy all in one. Totally endearing.

Comment

I don't think it was ever revealed why she was seeing him as a patient. They did change what caused John to go "mad" from the webisodes to the TV series. As Selene stated it was the teleporting that made John go mad in the webisodes but in the series it was the energy creature. They did reuse an edited version of that scene from the webisodes instead of reshooting it hence why it doesn't all make sense.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                I love that part! So ballsy for the times, and it perfectly captures the chemistry the two of them share. And the look she gives him with that smile is incredibly sexy. "I'll not have you home before midnight, John Druitt- not before I have my way with you." Sheer brilliance!

And I also love the smile John has when she accepts his proposal and kisses him. It conveys his nerves, his happiness, and his joy all in one. Totally endearing.
                                It is so cute and at the same time somehow innocent... This is the perfect combination between innocent Helen and bold Helen While in the new series she is sometimes too cynical and too burdened and in the old times she is at moment too cute and naive, at this little scene she is just the right amount of everything.... makes me think how much her relationship with John shaped her as a person even before he started killing...

JanSam It certainly doesn't all make sense.... which is a pity... But maybe we are just too used to get everything explained. After all, it doesn't matter so much why she was treating him but that she succeeded and they developed a unique bond...

Comment

Working...
                                X