No announcement yet.

Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved Nixon's final scene, wish we could've seen Nixon actually being persuaded to join the team though. And really loved the way the Doctor kept producing him whenever he needed to.

Rory is the best companion ever. I love him so much. Was very annoyed at the whole "fell out of the sky bit" and will get very annoyed if we keep rehashing the Rory is convinced that Amy loves the Doctor thing, but I will confess to loudly squeeing when she called him stupid face.

River's final bits were heartbreaking, perhaps didn't need the "and a last" I think the facial expression from Alex Kingston got the message across well enough without the rather cheesy line, brilliant acting there.

The Silence are brilliant, I was slightly apprehensive after The Impossible Astronaut, they were scary but probably not worth the hype, then came today. They were terrifying, every time they looked at their hands and it was blinking, wow. I don't think any TV show has scared me so much since watching a certain Power Rangers when I was eight.

The way that the Doctor defeated them was genius. Complete and utter genius, Stephen Moffat I tip my hat to you. And yet at the same time I'm left wondering, the Empire of Silence has Fallen. We're missing something here.

And finally, the girl. So many unanswered questions. She's Amy's daughter (which incidentally means we've lost some months somewhere), the Silence have some reason for wanting her and she can regenerate. I refuse to accept she's the Doctor's child, I'm a die hard Amy/Rory shipper, but has it ever been explicitly been stated that only Time Lords can be given regeneration cycles? It could even tie in to that old piece of cannon that Time Lords don't have to be Gallifreyan and that humans can join their ranks.

Also, there seems to be some link to the Time Lords and the Silence, there's no way the design of their TARDIS is coincidence (what happened to it at the end? Did it go to the Lodger? That doesn't seem to tie in with the theory of the Silence being in the Doctor's TARDIS during that episode), perhaps they gave Amy's child a regeneration cycle somehow? I'm missing some part of the Big Picture here, but what? We still don't know the Silence's motives, why blow up the TARDIS? Why get humans to build a space suit? Why take Amy's Daughter? And how does it tie in to the scene by the lake? This isn't the last we'll see of Canton, that's for sure.

Also the final bit was hilarious. "Or we can just go off and have some adventures" and I'm left wondering what a Time Head is? Oooh, thought just struck me! What if Amy's right? What if travelling through time repeatedly while pregnant has done something to the baby? Given her regenerative powers? Caused her to be an object of interest to the Silence. I like this idea...

Edit: And in all the awesome I forgot something that might be important. The door of the girl's room, what was up with that? To my mind the woman looked like River with something on her face, but it was too quick to see. Also, I find it hilarious how the season 32 forum has got two episodes in it, and a third of the posts of season 27.
    Last edited by pbellosom; 30 April 2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Loved this ep..

Okay the girl in space suit.. what do we think? One of my friends was saying that at this stage steven moffat isn't going to be throwing in random timelords that aren't connected to the Doctor, but then again the Doctors daughter thing has already been done but not in proper detail but I was always hoping that Jenny would come back. Anyway me and my friend came to the conclusion that Amy was pregnant by a child with the Doctor, though they didn't have sex, the silents did it. That at some point the silents took her to america and she had the child but didn't remember it.. though the 2 months between her and Rory leaving the tardis and the letter and the 3 month gap wouldn't be enough for a full term birth. The silents could have gotten the Doctors DNA anytime and he wouldn't remember. As to why they were doing it, maybe they needed a pilot for their TARDIS, like the ship needed in the lodger? But the silents seemed to be getting on grand working it, but they weren't trying to fly it.

Im more curious about why the silents were in 2011 when the Doctor dies.. Revenge?
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

It wasnt really explained why they took Amy, so maybe thats going to be answered later.
        Maybe they did something to her while she was captured, they seemed to have taken her for a reason.
        And as Puddle Jumper said, if the Doctor defeated the Silents in 1969, why was there one at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut
        Also, the material they were building the Doctors prison out of, that didnt seem like human technology...
        So many questions!!!

Also, it seems quite a few people are interested in Amy because SPOILERS
        Spoiler:
        In episode 7, doesnt Amy get taken by the cybermen and the Doctor and Rory go after her?

It was also nice to see the Doctor talk to Rory about his centaurion memories. It seems some things are being mentioned for a reason, what with Amy saying shes pregnant etc etc.

Was the Doctor doing a pregnancy test on Amy on his monitor, it looked like he was scanning her for something

Argh! So many things happened this episode, definately need to rewatch it later!

Comment

I sincerly doubt the girl is The Doctor and Amy's child, and once again, people thinking this are falling straight into Moffat's hands and stating what DW never is...the obvious.

I'm also convinced they simply reused the prop from "The Lodger" for budgetery reasons, I could be wrong though, simply because The Doctor didnt seem to care about it. ("say, this looks familiar")

Canton being gay was telegraphed in the first episode, the joke didnt need to be repeated twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
            I'm also convinced they simply reused the prop from "The Lodger" for budgetery reasons, I could be wrong though, simply because The Doctor didnt seem to care about it. ("say, this looks familiar")
            Should of watched Dr Who Confidential

Moffat mentioned in it that they used that set on purpose. That at the end of "The Lodger" there was always the question of "what about that ship?" and this was one the the times where they answer questions later on.

Comment

Oh.my.gawd.

Oh, Doctor... you blow my mind. Every time.

So many laughs, so many -hide-behind-my-hands moments, so many questions answered but a hundred-fold raised!

Absolutely perfect TV.
              sigpic

Comment

Wooo I like the way the silence created there own timelord, make sense they have created there own tardis so why not create there own time lord to go along with it. An pond is it mother. Any one betting that Amy was kept prisoner way longer than a few days.

Of cause this is not the end as we clearly see they can manipulate time and can time travel they would have known the Doctor plan all along and that why they created there own little time lord or not so little as the case may be now. I suspect they will be back.

An I sincerely hope that not the way the silence are defeated, because that was pitiful and will make them most overhyped enemy well since last time the Doc encountered the Daleks.

So that the last time Song shall meet the Doctor until the Library I am guesting.

Overall the episode was alright but thought the beginning was far to muddle, and with explanation through the rest of the episode, for instant where did Americans that impenetrable material from. How did the team escape from the silence from last week.
                However it was better than the mess that was last weeks,

Just thought it possible that the Doc told the geeks at Area 51 how to create the prison he built.

An also just remember we know there still one silent left at least, the one in the prison in Area 51
                Last edited by knowles2; 30 April 2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

My god that was mind-blowingly BRILLIANT and oh so clever!!! Loved it!!! Well done to everyone involved for producing an awesome 2-part opening story!!!

The Doctor - Clever, clever Doctor! What an ingenious solution to revealing the Silence to the world! Very clever resolution to this 2-parter! But the big question - Is he still destined to die at the hands of that astronaut on the beach? If not, HOW does he escape that destiny?

Amy - Is she pregnant? Isn't she? Look forward to seeing which it is!

Rory - Is his future with Amy secure?

River - WHO IS SHE????

The Little Girl - Who is she and....holy Gallifrey...she's REGENERATING????

Lots of great questions that need answering. As the Doctor himself said once "Time will tell. It always does."

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
                    I sincerly doubt the girl is The Doctor and Amy's child, and once again, people thinking this are falling straight into Moffat's hands and stating what DW never is...the obvious.

Canton being gay was telegraphed in the first episode, the joke didnt need to be repeated twice.

Moffat confirmed on Doctor Who Confidential that the TARDIS-like set in "Day of the Moon" is the same type of device in "The Lodger."

Comment

Just want to add there may be no one in the suit, the suit could move by itself.

Comment

I can't even begin to say what I loved about that episode. Absolutely amazing!! Questions answered and still more to intrigue.

I LOVE Doctor Who. *happy sigh*

Comment

Questions answered? Did you watch the same episode I did?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                            Should of watched Dr Who Confidential

Moffat mentioned in it that they used that set on purpose. That at the end of "The Lodger" there was always the question of "what about that ship?" and this was one the the times where they answer questions later on.
                            Ah thanks...usually don't watch Confidential

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              So that the last time Song shall meet the Doctor until the Library I am guesting.
                              No, he still has to take her on one last trip before she embarks on her fateful mission to the library..remember, she doesnt know she's going to die there until her moment of self-sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Nope, she's still got be there at the opening of the Pandorica and go through the crash of the Byzantium, just the last time she kisses him. From this point on for her, he does not know who she is to him

Do we actually know River died? Did we see her body? If she was the girl, could she have regenerated after the Doctor saw her die?

Comment

Working...
                                X